Hotel Genio
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspiazza navonaroof terracegreat locationtop floorwithin walking distancetaxi rankseen better daysbreakfast roomgood sizespanish stepspastrieshotel is perfectjust round the cornervatican citylong weekendmajor sitesrooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Great central location, friendly & helpful staff. Obviously it was hot because we visited in August. The AC was old and ineffective making it difficult to sleep. If we had visited a week earlier when it was hotter the room would have been unbearable. The substantial breakfast buffet and roof top balcony was a positive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I've been to Rome 5 times over several years, and ever time I've stayed at Hotel Genio. It rates itself as a 4 star hotel. In all those years, I never saw it that way - perhaps more of a 3 star hotel. But, that was ok. The hotel is centrally located and next door to Piazza Navona - one of my favorite spots in Rome. Having formed many great memories here, Hotel Genio was always felt like a home away from home for me. However, and unfortunately, my most recent stay is definitely my last. Its fairly hot in Rome at the moment, and while Roman air conditioning is weak when its available at all, at Hotel Genio, it was seriously lacking. Sleeping in the nude on top of a sheet and still sweating, is not my idea of a pleasant vacation. And, the AC unit was so old, that it created a musty/mildew smell in the room. The hallways were even hotter. A simple wait for an elevator made you feel like you needed to go take another shower. Then, there must be construction going on in the hotel. All day long, it sounded like jackhammers above my room. And, it started the next morning again at precisely 7 AM; unacceptable in any hotel. The whole experience made me take a more objective look at the hotel; dated, worn, and in need of a serious renovation and new life. I was supposed to stay here 2 nights, but decided to check out after the first night and find a better hotel. I felt sad having to do so, but its time to let go of Hotel Genio and move on. Thanks for the memories.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank rlafleur99
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

True, it is an old hotel and it has it's weak points. Excellent check-in, great service and the terrace is amazing.
We improvised the trip to Rome and the hotel was chosen by our friends who crossed checked rates to location and availabolity.
Not 100% satisfied but good compromise.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days as part of our honeymoon, the hotel cannot be faulted for anything. It is very clean. Very quiet even though we were on the road side the noise wasn't an issue. The staff were pleasant and helpful.
This hotel is perfect for location. Staying here you won't need to get a bus or train everything is well within walking distance. I can't say a bad thing at all.
Perfect everything. So happy we stayed here on our honeymoon.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank sunshinetraveller77
Reviewed August 3, 2012

location great ,rooftop view amazing ,staff superb. i dont want to tell you anymore because every one will want to stay and it will be fully booked when i try to return as soon as i can. letitia ipswich.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends