“Wonderful Hotel”

Hotel Majestic Roma
Ranked #106 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We recently stayed at the Majestic Hotel in Rome. This was one of the best experiences my husband and I have had in Europe. The hotel itself is beautiful. Our room was large, comfortable and quiet. The true gem of the hotel is the staff. From the amazing bartenders to the attentive waiters, concierge and front desk, everyone made us feel at home. I celebrated my birthday in the fabulous restaurant and before arriving the food and beverage people emailed me and asked if they might make me a birthday cake!!! I cannot say enough about the personal and professional service of this hotel. Another plus for us - the charming guests we met during our stay. Many hotels have excellent location, lovely rooms with great ammenties but this hotel has charm and personality in abundance. One should not miss an opportunity to stay here.

1  Thank wdniles
There are newer reviews for Hotel Majestic Roma

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My partner Alex & I are staying in this spectacular hotel at the moment. I can honestly say that the Majestic Roma is the most beautiiful hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff are amazing, nothing is too much trouble for them. The restaurant is Michelin star quality. Concierge is wonderful, Manuel recommended an incredible fish restaurant last night, which was unbelievable & reasonably priced €60 per head. As I am a Travel Agent I asked if I could take a look at one of their Suites. Claudio very kindly showed myself & Alex around, allowing me to take photos & video clips, so I can promote this wonderful hotel to my clients. We are in room 221 which is beautiful. The hotel is very conveniently placed on the Vio Veneto. We booked an open top bus 2 day tour hop on & off taking us around all the sights of Rome. It is also the canonisation of Two Popes this weekend too so the atmosphere has been electric. We unfortunately go home tomorrow, but will coming back in September for another lovely stay. Can't wait. Thank you Hotel Majestic Roma for an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank prestburyCheadle
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I wanted to stay at Majestic since I was 18, in Rome with my father and staying at The Bernini Bristol. That was in 2002, and Majestic's history intrigued me from the architecture to the celebrity sightings there. Finally upon my 30th birthday, I came back to Rome with my partner and just had to stay here. The building is simply beautiful and very clean. Aside from that, maintenance here is lacking. One could spend months painting this place around door trim, base boards and windows.

Our first Junior Suite was very romantic and in the round tower above the entry. The room's dark wood floors were scratched to hell and the furniture was chipped in many places. This combined with proximity to the service elevator, we switched rooms to Junior Suite #28, which is an amazing room. If you like the color green and don't mind a pedestal sink, this room is really special. Perhaps one of the finest and most Dolce Vita in Rome!

The Sala Verdi, Massimo Riccoli and Majestic Bar are just fantastic rooms and very beautiful, but again, rough around the edges. The food and drinks at the hotel are top, and their bar tender might be the best in Rome. Breakfast each morning was awesome, a huge selection and great cappuccino.

The service here is five-star all the way. The staff is so sweet and loves to chat you up. Majestic has an endearing quality to it, it's very Italian and very Dolce Vita. Even though the hotel is not pristine like Hotel Eden or Hassler, it's rough around the edges beauty and history is captivating and long lasting. I am so glad I got to stay here and in such an amazing room, #28. When I return to Rome again, I will for sure come back and maybe try and signature suite. Who knows, maybe by then the building be restored to even more glory from 1889. For sure, Majestic, Eden or Hassler, you cannot go wrong. These three have the best locations in Rome, and the reputations to match.

Room Tip: Book a Junior Suite, each one we tried was lovely, but #28 exceeds expectations and has a private ba...
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel is well-located, though quite a walk to some of the ancient monuments. The staff are helpful. The building is attractive but has all sorts of disappointing minor touches. Examples - the baths/showers are really outdated. The bathrooms are small, such that the bathrobes literally touch the toilet seats when hanging (!!), one of the baths was not even level, the divider between our balcony and the next was seriously rotten, one of the window frames was rotten too. Not enough to begin to spoil a holiday but for the sort of money they charge it is disappointing.

The bar is excellent, the gym - though small - is a lovely room, the restaurant very good.

One last thing, the immediate area and the hotel itself are not particularly old by European standards, so if you want to be right in a very old building or square this is not it.

3.5/5 to me.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ClarkStable
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Classic hotel buildt in 1889 located right where you want it: close to the Spanish steps and the Trevi fountain. There is also the Villa Borghese and the park nearby for a wonderful walk in the city that was founded in 753 bc.
Be carful to ask for a room on a higher level if you eant t avoid the sound of the outside traffic.
The breakfast is nice but wxpensive. Many good alternatives a short walk avay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
1  Thank Geir H
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for three nights from 24 to 27 March this year. This was a 50th birthday surprise for me and our short stay at the Majestic as well as our overall visit to Rome made for a truly memorable birthday.

The Majestic is ideally located for most of the main sights in Rome; indeed most are within walking distance. The Vatican and St Peter's was about 40 minutes and the Colosseum and Forum approximately 30 minutes on foot. The Trevi Fountain and The Pantheon are even closer, with the Spanish Steps literally 5 minutes away.

A complimentary bottle of Prosecco was waiting for us in our large airy room located on the quiet (rear) side of the hotel. The standard of service was excellent at all times with a special mention for Emanuele in the bar (a really nice guy to talk to and an excellent barman) and also for the Reception staff.

The terrace overlooking the Via Veneto is a lovely place to sit and enjoy a late night drink with ample seating and outdoor heating. Bar prices were pretty good and no more expensive than other bars that we visited in Rome.

We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the restaurant, although the menu looked interesting with quite reasonable prices for this standard of hotel.

In summary, a very enjoyable stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oz264
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed from 5/4/14 - 9/4/14 for my wife's birthday. Beautiful traditional hotel situated in a central location a short walk from major sites of interest. Hotel staff were most helpful and really seemed to care, they couldn't have been more helpful. Rooms are large and clean and tidy. A wonderful bar with access to rooftop terrace where you can look over restaraunts and treetop lined streets. A very pleasant stay, I would definitely use again and would certainly recommend to friends. Once again a thank you to the staff, from housekeeping to head concierge a credit to the hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple