“Stunning hotel, great location, world class service!”

Hotel Majestic Roma
Ranked #110 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Stunning hotel, great location, world class service!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My girlfriend booked this hotel as part of a Birthday present trip to Rome. On arrival we were welcomed by 2 very friendly receptionists who spoke perfect English. My partner advised them it was my Birthday and we were upgraded to a Superior room for no additional cost. We were also booked into a restaurant and were running late as our flight was delayed - my partner had requested that the hotel notify the restaurant of our late running which they did immediately. I was amazed when we checked into our room at both the size and the interior - absolutely immaculate and gleaming with the number of mirrors. The bed was so large and comfortable and we slept really well as it was quiet. We had breakfast one morning and Sunday brunch in their restaurant and both were superb. The waiting staff were attentive and seemed to really warm to us, likewise the reception staff always took an interest in trip and how we were getting on. The food at each meal was 5* quality and just amazing as was the setting - really bright with plenty of windows and mirrors accompanied by a warm and bustling atmosphere. Every time we returned to our room the maid had done an exceptional job on the room. Anytime we wanted room service - a porter was straight up with glasses and ice buckets and when we advised them that the mini-bar wasn't working it was fixed immediately. I would also like to say how fantastic the location is - pretty much every attraction is close by and there is a metro station at the end of the road. I was so sad to leave this hotel and my experience staying here will stay with me for a very long time as it really was of the highest quality. I highly recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Request an upgrade!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bruceman84

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Lovely older hotel with specious, well-kept rooms. We were there in summer and the breakfast buffet with outside seating just above the Via Veneto was a wonderful way to start the day. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Strongly recommend for location, room quality and upkeep and value for money

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
melbourne
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the last two nights of my 8 week trip to Europe. I wanted a little bit of luxury to finish my trip but couldn't afford to really splurge: this hotel was a fantastic option for me. I had originally booked a junior suite (900 euros including breakfast) but cancelled it a couple of days before arriving, after a budget reality check, and instead booked the prepaid rate for a deluxe double room (408 euros not including breakfast). I am so glad I did this, because they upgraded me anyway, when I arrived: I am not sure if my room was actually a junior suite or just a really nice deluxe but it had lots of space, dual aspect (room 420 is a corner room) and felt very luxurious indeed. The room was huge with a sofa, table and chairs, desk, big very comfortable bed, entry hallway, and huge bathroom filled with nice quality toiletries. There was a mini bar with room to store my parmesan cheese in! It was a real treat! I loved that the shuttered windows opened - it was so nice to hear the church bells, and to look out over the rooftops of Rome. I didn't find street noise a problem at all. I could see the parliament building from my room.

The concierge staff are fabulous: they know your name immediately and address you by it every time you are within hearing distance. I found them very helpful.

I had room service breakfast (ordering from the a la carte menu rather than paying 40 euros for a basket of pastries and coffee and juice, means you can have scrambled eggs, toast and juice for about 25 euros) and also room service dinner (limited menu, but fine) and all meals are delivered in style (silver domes, tables etc), piping hot and promptly.

The hotel organised a car to the airport for me (60 euros, cash paid to driver) which was much nicer than dealing with taxis (which was a bit of an ordeal; they have a tendency to turn the metre off before you arrive at your destination and then bring out a figure that seems wildly inflated. For instance, the taxi from the train station ended up being 19 euros rather than 10; coming back from the trevi fountain doubled). The drive to the airport, in the pouring rain, took 45 minutes, and it was so much better to do it this way than taxi to the station, and train ...

By the way, if you are flying out of FCO airport terminal 3: I had read terrible reviews about the experience and ended up leaving the hotel at 8am so as to be there as soon as check in opened at 8.45am. This was a great decision: I was through immigration and customs, and the VAT refund process, inside of half an hour, but I could totally see how, within an hour or so, it would be a total nightmare: the immigration hall is a labyrinth. As it was, I didn't queue at all - just walked straight up to a counter and was on my way. If I had had to do that in a crowd, I would not have liked it at all. The VAT refund process is convoluted but again, I did it without queues. then you catch a train to the gates: I ended up with several hours to relax in the lounge, and I would much rather have done that than spend those hours stressed out in queues. So that would be my tip: go early and relax in the lounge, rather than waiting at the hotel and having to queue later.

But back to the hotel: I would definitely recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank emah
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is great, well placed on the Via Veneto and walking distance to everything. The lobby area, bar and reading rooms are a pure luxury.

The room was reasonable, clean, white but not huge (not surprising given a city hotel). The bathroom was large but a poor shower. This was my rationale for dropping a star....I should have upgraded the room!

The staff are fantastic. Very polite, very helpful.

Highly recommended...especially for the price I paid.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank KWBarbs
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

A while since we stayed but what an astonishing place! Truly five star full of local dignitaries and stars. By far the best asset is the roof garden and bar; and its amazing location on the Via Veneto. The rooftop bar is an amazing place to watch the hoi-polio walking by. OK it is expensive but well worth it as a treat! The bedrooms are 'bijou' but sumptuously appointed and extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: Excellent rooms, but if you can spend a little more, get an upgrade... you won't be disappointed...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank John M
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the warm hospitality at the Majestic Rome, which commands a central location and spacious rooms. Excellent and attentive service overall is a pleasant experience, but expensive breakfast and slow internet (albeit free) are behind the current times.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank namrun14
Houston
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived at The Majestic, I was annoyed. Here we were at a supposed 5 star hotel in Rome, and everything looked worn, beaten. The elevator was a mess, and the carpets were dingy. Still, we persevered to our rooms because it was late, and we had prepaid on Hotels.com. The rooms were a totally different story -- well appointed and beautifully kept. The service was also excellent. When our Internet failed to work, the manager moved us to a glittering junior suite, and I actually think it's worth getting a junior suite, if you can. It's substantially larger and more comfortable. In the end, I left pleased, knowing we had picked the right hotel. I do wish they'd remodel the public areas, but I'm sure they have high traffic, so it's certain to be a nonstop issue. The rooms and service will make up for any qualms you may feel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple