“A Wonderful Stay at the Majestic!”

Hotel Majestic Roma
Ranked #120 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed March 4, 2012

My daughter and I spent 4 nights at the Majestic in February. Our stay could not have been more perfect. The hotel is lovely and has an intimate but not small feel about it. A balanced blend of old world charm with modern conveniences and amenities. The location is great and is easily accessible to all the sights and walking distance to many. The staff was friendly and very helpful with local information and restaurant suggestions. The room was well appointed and spacious, as was the bath. Last but not least the Breakfast buffet was extensive and of excellent quality. We cannot wait to visit Rome again & we will definitely stay at the Majestic

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ParosTraveler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I could live there all days of my life. Staff is very friendly and polite. It is placed in a good place in Roma at Via Veneto. Easy to be in all the beautiful places of Rome. We have the feeling r are in the heart of a beautiful and unforgetable city. Rooms are very confortable and the white and red create a good atmosphere. The terasse is wonderful looks to come from a movie and it id great to eat there. Food are good and you have a right feeling of live well and to a fair price.
I will stay there and it will be a pleasure to revisit Roma, always.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed here in Jan 2012. The people at the hotel went out of their way to know our names and take care of anything we needed. The concierge and even people just working the front desk gave wonderful restaurant recommendations. The rooms were beautifully decorated, as well as the whole hotel. Most of the sites were in walking distance, in addition to many wonderful restaurants. Would absolutely recommend it and will certainly stay there again!

Room Tip: Choose a higher room, not on ground level. They seemed to get nicer and quieter as you moved up.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wagger301
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Breakfast is A*
Rooms are fine size, clean and exactly what you want from a traditional 5* Italian hotel
Location is perfect
Staff are perfect
Once again I'd go with the majority of reviews to form my own opinion

Have fun.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Recently enjoyed a couple of nights here . it is located in an excellent position on Vittorio Veneto and walking distance to The Spanish Steps and The Trevi Fountain .Rooms are nicely furnished with lovely extra large double beds . My only complaint would be the bathroom was rather small and i dont think in a 5 star hotel you should have to climb into the bath to close the blinds in the bathroom for a bit of privacy !! Loads of antique furniture and the dining room is really nice. It was a little too cold sit out on the balcony , but i would expect in a few more weeks it would lovely to sit out there and enjoy drinks / dining .

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Derek P
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed here in the summer of 2011. It was wonderful the breakfast was on a terrace with a lot of European charm. The rooms were very spacious, with dark hardwood floors and all white decor. The beds were excellent which an be a problem in Europe as standards are not those of the USA or AUSTRALIA, the linen and towels were great. And the bathrooms were divine and practical. All marble with easy to use shower and batch faucets. I only had one small issue I could not empty the bath water and just left it for the maid. I love this hotel and it's location even the hallways are special with interesting photographs and chairs around. Too bad we could not stay longer. The concierge was amazing I said I wanted to eat truffles he sent us to an amazing resturant that frank Sinatra used to go to and in walking distance us and another table were the only tourists, I had a fantastic meal eavesdropping on two impeccably dressed Italian men discuss their lovers, much to the dismay of my husband who gave up trying to talk about our plans for the next day. When in Rome listen to Romans I say.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I have recently returned from a 4 night/5 day stay at the Majestic, Rome. We thoroughly recommend it.

Firstly, the location of the hotel is very good. We prefer to walk and used no public transport except a taxi to and from the airport. It took approximately 40 minutes from the hotel to the Vatican, 30 minutes to the Colosseum, 6 minutes to the Spanish Steps, 12 minutes to the Trevi Fountain. Obviously being winter the temperatures were suitable for brisk walking and we would probably have been a bit slower in high summer.

The hotel itself is charming; think 5 star service rather than slick and high-tech. It's very comfortable, very smart and very well maintained. The staff were all so nice.The staff at breakfast were the best of all. They were efficient and noticed when you needed something almost instantly. Nothing was too much trouble. They were very, very good at their jobs. The food was also, of course, of the first order; an international style selection of everything you can imagine for breakfast.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The decor was in good order. Our room was a standard double and perfectly large enough. The bed linen was changed daily. Everything in the room worked. There was a room safe, as you'd expect. The hair dryer was attached to the bathroom wall which I do not like at all because I have long hair and have an uncomfortable time drying it. There was no kettle/ tea tray, again as usual.

Would I stay here again? Yes, without hesitation.

Room tip: I would ask for a room away from the Via Veneto, which had far more traffic on it than I had expected. Light sleepers might be disturbed by the road noise.

Taxi tip: the journey to Rome from the airport is set at 40 Euro by the Rome council. We confirmed this with the driver as we got into the taxi at the airport and had no problem upon arrival at the hotel. When it came to leave the hotel telephoned a taxi for us, we did not double check the fair and we soon noticed the driver had put his meter on instead. As we were on the way home we could nbot be bothered to argue, but paid the 75 Euros instead. We could have avoided this by talking to the driver before getting into the car.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple