“Nothing fancy, but cheap and very central”
Review of Hotel Planet Roma

Hotel Planet Roma
Ranked #1,067 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed April 19, 2009

The hotel is located just across the road from Termini station (which is the main train station + airport shuttles station). Very close to the main tourist attractions and for that - extremely cheap. We paid 60 euro for a double room including breakfast.
The rooms are quite plain, but clean and rather quiet given the location. Bathrooms are pretty old though and so is the elevator (makes scary sounds when goes up%) ).
To summarize: if you want a cheap and central place in Rome to sleep for a couple of nights, this hotel is the right choice. If you want something comfortable or romantic - skip thins one.. and prepare to pay double the price.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank Anja_Stockholm
There are newer reviews for Hotel Planet Roma

Reviewed February 4, 2009

We wanted to leave as soon as we checked in but unfortunately, we couldn't get our money back so we didn't have a choice but to stay there for 2 nights! It was the worst hotel we had stayed in. The staff were really rude (esp this Filipino lady with short hair who checked us in), the room was dirty and the toilet was small and dirty. Our room was close to the reception and it was very noisy, even late at night. We had to stay out as late as we could so we didn't have to spend much time in the room, that's how bad it was!!!! DON"T STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2008

Hotel Planet exceeded our expectations! The location across from Termini Station is very convenient for transportation purposes. Like any large city, central Rome at night has its share of interesting characters, but because of the high tourist volume, security is well maintained. The Hotel Planet staff was very courteous and helpful, and their English was excellent. Our room was fine for our needs, and it was quiet, despite how busy the area is. I highly recommend Hotel Planet for travelers on a budget. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 26, 2008

We spent one night at Hotel Planet in a pinch, and we got out as soon as we could the next morning! Our room was near the main reception desk, so that accounted for the ridiculous noise level all night long. But since the rooms are all crowded on one floor, I assume they're all quite loud. Far worse, though (as the other reviews mention), was that the bathroom was not clean. I actually wiped up the floor myself when we arrived. Besides that, the furniture was all chipped. We were surprised that this hotel even qualifies for 2 stars. You can certainly find better places in the hotel-laden area around the train station.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed February 10, 2008

3 words - "Don't stay here"
It was a 2 star so I don't know what I expected.
Breakfast was across the road in a crowded busy bar which consisted of 1 cup of coffee and a pastry.
Shower room was okay if you were a short midget.
Bedding was clean but had cigarette holes in sheets and top cover. Noisy at night.
Only good thing was it was near the Termini Stazione as I was travelling around and was near the Roma sightseeing buses outside the station. Other than that a bit of a dodgy area at night.
Take your own towels and toiletries if you do decide to stay here and also it's 5 flights up - ugh not good after trekking around Rome.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2007

I dreamed about going to Rome since I was little and this hotel made me want to go home the day I finally got there.

We (my grandma, a cousin and I) booked our stay some months in advance, mostly because it was a cheap hotel near the Termini, a railway/subway station. We weren't expecting something amazing, but at least clean a comfortable.

When we got there we were shocked. The hotel is located in a extremely dangerous street and I'd not recommend walking there after 8h00 pm.

The reception was not great. The receptionist was arguing with some hosts and there was no sofas for us to wait. After almost 30 minutes waiting we were able to go to our room, that was so disgusting we were afraid of walking barefoot.

The bathroom was a nightmare! Dirty, Dark. I had to ask more then twice to get my mattress (which had a whole) changed, the wardrobe was so full of dust we did not touch it.

Pay a bit more and stay somewhere decent!

DO NOT STAY THERE. Get a hotel anywhere far away from the Termini surroundings.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank dearbronx
Reviewed September 20, 2007

When i was at the train station in rome ready to go to the airport I phone back to the hotel Planet to see if my battery and battery charger was in the room I was going to run back and get it,
i was told no it was not there.
When i got to the airport I checked in my luggage and it was not there so i phoned back to the Hote Planet and the staff lady who answered the phone said that she was glad the i contacted her because she had found my property and that the nite staff and taken it out of the room and put it away
so she told me to send and email with my home address and my property (battery and battery charger) would be retuned.
WELL all i have had back from them is that it is not there so someone there is a theif or they are just plain liars
I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE AS I HAVE FOUND THEM TO BE TOTALLY DISHONEST

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends