“Fantastic Location”

Ranked #99 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Florida
“Fantastic Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Arrived very early after disembarking cruise and left our bags with the friendly front desk staff. Was told to return about 12:30 and the room should be ready. We headed out and found ourselves right in the heart of ancient Rome. Just a few minute walk to the Trevi Fountain and a short distance to the start of the Forum and countless other sites.

We returned to the hotel tired from our walk at 12:45 and our room was ready and the bags were placed in it already. The hotel is in a very old building and is typical of the old hotels of Europe. Small elevator, small room and small hallways. Maybe not the best place if you have mobility problems (some steps) but it was fine for us.

After a rest, we headed in the opposite direction and we were at the Pantheon in a few minutes walk. The staff was very helpful directing us. We were only spending one night in Rome so this was the perfect place to stay. They have an excellent breakfast (included) on their roof terrace which is also open at night with a bar. We would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I loved this hotel. It is clean, safe and very well located. Close to the Pantheon, Plaza Navona, Fountain of Trevi and 1/2 mile or so to The Coliseum Our room was big and bright. The terrace was a nice sunny spot to have breakfast and later on to chill. I recommend it

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Stoke
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for four nights from 24 March 2013. I had read many good reviews before I went and was expecting a lot from the hotel. I was not disapointed.

My single superior room consisted of a small living area with a comfy chair and a small sofa, a table, minibar, writing desk and a fireplace with a large mirror over it. I had a separate bedroom with a single bed, a large wardrobe with a mirrored door, a flat screen TV and a chair along with a bedside table with telephone. A door led from the bedroom into a well equiped bathroom with a shower, bidet, baisin and toilet. Nice touches with the magnifying mirror and scales. Dressing gown and slippers were provided. I paid a very reasonable price for this single room and was more than happy with it. As single traveller I am more used to paying exhorbitant prices for a boxroom!

I was slightly nervous when I saw the bed because it was rather high and a little on the firm side, but I discovered it to be very comfortable and I slept very well. The shutters on the windows along with the double glazing shut out the noise from the street - although I do admit that I always use earplugs anyway. I do agree with a previous reviewer however that the pressure in the shower was not superb but it was adequate. Unfortunately I could never get any hot water from the tap on the wash basin. But no real problems.

All the staff were very helpful, from the porter to the breakfast room staff to the guys in reception. Well done!

The breakfast was sufficient with plenty of choice. The waiter would always me get an expresso or a cappucino if asked. I was a late arriver in the breakfast room - about 9.40 am but I discovered on the morning I left, when I arrived for breakfast at 7.30 am, that there was an even greater choice of pastries. That will teach me!

The roof top terrace is lovely. I only visited it in the morning for breakfast. But I did go for a short look at the view one night, I had gone to have a drink but the bar was closed. Shame! My fault.

The location is terrific! Very close to all the sights. Most within walking distance and if not a bus stop very close. The guys on the desk always ready to tell me the correct bus numberwhich I needed.

From the point of view of being a single mature lady, on my own in Rome I had no worries. I felt very safe and went out for a meal each evening with no concerns.

If I ever fo back to Rome - and I did throw my coin into the Trevi fountain - I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Marion, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here February 19th through 27th, 2013. My wife and I were very happy with the staff and the room. Our luggage didn't make the trip, like we did, and they were great in trying to call on our behalf to get our luggage. The room was comfortable and the services very nice. Not overly pricey and this hotel was recommended by someone I know. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone and am hopeful I can return. The location was huge as the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain was three blocks in opposite directions. Easy to walk to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a while ago with my mum for a quick getaway and we loved it. The location is perfect and well within walking distance to all the amazing attractions in Rome. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is completely over rated and over priced. It's location is excellent, however the quality of the rooms are some of the worse I have seen in Europe.
I reserved the best room in the hotel for a rate of 193€. I was supposed to be staying there for 5 nights and I decided to check out after the first one. I stayed one night because I arrived from a 12-hr flight and needed some rest- otherwise I would have cancelled as soon as I stepped into my room.
The room was incredibly hot as soon as I opened the door. Heating was at full throttle even though temperature was nearing the 20 degrees Celsius outside. Air conditioning was out if the question... Not working.
The bed, probably over 20 years old, had a really high metallic frame which was completely unstable, making the noisiest sounds when one would sit or lay on top of it.
This frame is so high that it blocked the and the offensively small TV... So forget about watching a TV show before going to sleep... Have a look at the attached photo.
The bathroom hasn't been refurbished for a very long time. The quality if the shower is very bad... Only a few drops of water came out of it.
The closet had a very humid smell coming out of it... God forbid I put my clothes in there!
Lastly, one can hear noises from other rooms... The walls are incredibly thin.
I would NEVER recommend staying here. Very bad hotel... Very expensive and overrated too...
The guy at the lobby gave me a bad face when I checked out... Not gentle at all!
I hope this helps.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank enriquep100
Farias C, Direttore at Albergo Cesari, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Customer,
In reference to the review you have posted on TripAdvisor, even if we try to understand your unsatisfaction and we deeply regret about that, please allow us to defend our point of view, due your one may seem to us unjust and harsh in some way.
We think it’s not a case that on over than 450 reviews, published by satisfied Clients that have choosen our Hotel for their holidays in Rome from all over the world, your one is the first giving us such a bad rating.
BY the people who have made your reservation, we do know that, when you are in Rome, you are used to stay in a completely different kind of accommodation, luxury and elite cathegory, with another kind of service and amenities than the Cesàri.
Sir, we are sorry about that, but we are not a luxury five star hotel! And we are saying anywere that we are: we don’t want to give such a misleading information to our guests!
We are a classical Italian 3 stars boutique hotel, providing more than the needing requested by the Italian law for our cathegory. maybe, it’s possible that you, or the people who have made the reservation for you, have mistaken booking at the Cesàri.
But, we have never receive such a complaint for the same reasons you wrote, understanding that the structure it’s completely unsatisfactory for you, so we would like to answer to many of your issues.
So we need to point out that all rooms are checked daily as well as the air conditioning system, that can be reduced and moderate from our Customer in each room. The Hotel offers H24 Reception ready to give assistance at any time. However, they didn’t receive any call by room n.46 concerning this or other problems.
As well as the bed, room n.46 is equipped with original 1800 forniture always checked , and we are proud that many and many Clients choice it for their stay, properly for its classical atmosphere. Concerning the TV setting, your indication is the first we receive and we’ll provide immediately to solve the problem, and we are glad to inform our future guests that a substitution program with new 26’ LED tv it’s undergoing nowadays.
Also, we didn’t find any humid smell coming out from the closet and we are surprised about the noises as the hotel Cesàri is built in 1787 and has walls cm.50 thick!
About the bathrooms, Sir, it’s possible that they aren’t the most modern among Rome’s hotel, we agree, about that, but they are completely furnished and giving all comforts to our guests.
The biggest surprise concerns what you wrote about the Receptionist who checked you out, as our Staff is elougized by all Clients and we receive for them contless compliments. Permit us to defend our personnel we are sure that his behavior has been also in this situation of the highest professionality.
The next time you will get in Rome, even if you will never more spend a night in our hotel, we would like to invite you for a free aperitif on our world renown Roof Garden, which seems you haven’t visited, and we are gently asking you if we may help you finding another accommodation better matching your needs.
We deeply regret if your stay disappointed your expectations, as day by day is our proposal to guarantee to all our Customer the warm and friendly Italian hospitality for which the Albergo Cesàri is well known all around the world.
Best regards,

Cinzia Farias
Manager
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.The location waswonderful.The staff was very friendly & helpful with maps & directions.Wonderful breakfast was included.I would definitely stay here again.The room was very pleasant & clean.

Room Tip: away from street noise