2,119 results
All reviewsbutler serviceimperial roombeautiful hotelspg pointschampagne saberingconcierge deskbeautiful lobbyspanish stepsbreakfast buffetjunior suiteour honeymoonlobby areathe entire staffupon checktrain stationfive star hoteltrevi fountain
Reviewed July 8, 2005

If you like old world class and charm then this is the hotel for you. It was the first hotel in Rome to have electricty so it dates from the late 1800s. From the time we arrived to the moment we left we had stellar service. Our room was not ready upon arrival (and I didn't expect it to be as it was 11 a.m.) but they kindly served us complimentary beverages in the waiting area and informed us 45 mins later it was ready. I was shocked at their attention to concern for travelers after a long, overnight journey!

We celebrated our 15th anniversary at this hotel and a bottle of nice bubbly was in our room upon coming home the 1st night along with fresh fruit. This room has everything you'd need and turndown service is excellent and truly a 5 star. The breakfast buffet in the a.m. has every want, need and desire for anyone! I am a Starwood Preferred Guest and they knew it was a special occassion via my booking form but I doubt that they'd treat anyone less differently if they weren't one. I got the impression here that EVERY guest mattered.

What shocked me after having stayed in a number of large cities around the world is to how quiet this hotel was. We heard no noises, talking, etc except for a few birds outside our window that faced a courtyard. Truly a relaxing retreat after a long and busy day.

The restaurant has a talented chef and is well worth visiting along with a knowledgeable wine steward.

You won't be disappointed with your stay here and truly will be transported back in time without loosing the modern comforts of the future. It is just close enough to the major sights but enough removed to feel some breathing room. We'll be back here for sure!

• Stayed: July 2005
34  Thank AJH
Reviewed July 6, 2005

Hi, I got married in this hotel and I could not say enough about the service and food it was 5 star plus. We had our wedding reception and they even made our cake free of charge...it was certainly a wedding to remember. They take all the hassle out of a wedding !

• Stayed: September 2004
27  Thank Wanderer36469
Reviewed July 4, 2005

It is perfect..the staff professional.room beautiful........be sure and have room service for breakfast.lovely. No negatives. We are SPG also and perhaps this had some affect on the room we were given. Loved it.

• Stayed: April 2005
21  Thank DallasKathy
Reviewed June 5, 2005

First of all I want to to thank everyone on Trip Advisor who helped me plan our amazing trip to Italy! Your advice and help was priceless! I thought that I should share my thoughts now as well! We loved the St. Regis, the hotel was absolutely gorgeous and the service was excellent. We had a standard double room and they upgraded us to a Junior Suite at no extra charge. The room was lovely with gorgeous sitting area and a bathroom with a claw foot tub. It isn't located in the center of town, however, we walked often or just grabbed a cab (cost 5 euro to get to the Vatican or Forum). The bar/reception area was outstanding...absolutely gorgeous. We would definitely return to this hotel.

25  Thank Road32119
Reviewed May 1, 2005

I never stayed in a better hotel!!! I stayed ther for 2 nights last weekend, and I will remember this holiday forever! The service is excellent, we booked a junior suite, but we had a suite...enormous!!! The breakfast is a lunch at all, the restaurant is gorgeous, night service absolutely fantastic. In 5 minutes walking we arrived in via Veneto, Fontana di Trevi and Spanish steps are svery close..... If anybody looks for the best in Rome, St. Regis is the good choice!

• Stayed: April 2005