“Wonderful Experience! Will love to return!”
Review of The St. Regis Rome

The St. Regis Rome
Ranked #88 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Beautiful hotel with an old Rome feel but all of the modern amenities. Incredible service from the entire staff. We also stayed at the Waldorf Astoria but preferred the St. Regis. Its proximity to Ancient Rome was perfect! The food at the restaurant was overpriced and not the greatest but there are tons of wonderful restaurants in Rome, so thats not a big deal for us (we only ate there because a thunderstorm popped up just as we were leaving for lunch)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ninaesp
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, General Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Guests,
we are truly pleased by your recognition of our daily efforts to provide our Guests with bespoke service in a unique and relaxing environment and we look forward to your return visit. Our F&B team will make sure to improve your impression about le Grand bar lunch and snack proposals!
Best regards and Arrivederci,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the St Regis in Rome for four nights. The butler service in our suite was fantastic, with complimentary afternoon tea every day. The room for the children was upgraded for free so that it could be next door which was terrific. The hotel is perfectly located in the Piazza della Republica, just walking distance from the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. The dinner was lovely but over-priced so we decided to go out most nights. The doorman, Stefano, and the concierge were fantastic in recommending restaurants and with taxis. The only downside was the cost of parking- 60 euros per night. However, we had the most amazing time at the St Regis Rome and can't thank the staff enough!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
We cannot tell you how pleased we are that we were able to make your visit to Rome with your family a memorable experience and that you enjoyed the discreet touch of our signature butler service.
Thank you for your comment about the garage facilities, as it gives us the opportunity to inform you that the rate depends on the dimensions of the vehicle. Like many capitals in the world, the cost of parking is due the very limited space.
We all look forward to welcoming you back!
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed for 10 days at the end of May 2013 and I waited this long to write the review. Every other review I read was glowing and I thought perhaps I was just in a bad mood. But time has gone by and I look at the Starwoods experience with less aggravation. Booking was one hassle. At the end of May beginning of June you straddle the high season so there were 2 different prices so two different confirmation numbers, then I also used points for 2 nights so there was a third confirmation number. I tried to get them to put it all into one number but it didn't seem possible so I kept getting multiple email before we left, all asking the same thing.

The Hotel is lovely but a regular room is very small. I know regular rooms in Europe are small but at these prices I expected better. You could get a suite at another hotel and be just as well situated for the same price.

The food at the Hotel was only OK, again for the price it wasn't worth it. To be honest I was surprised that the food in Rome wasn't better, really get recommendations from friends on where to eat or you could find yourself spending a lot of money for very ordinary fare. The garden at Hotel de Russie was recommended to us by a friend and it was great.

The staff was very polite and helpful when asked but nothing special again. For instance, the WIFI, which is supposed to be free in the lobby, didn't work. When I asked for help I was given a code and told that normally there was a cost associated but that they would put a note on my file not to charge me. When it came time to leave I saw there were multiple charges for WIFI services on the bill. I told my story to the agent, different person obviously, he hesitate a little, said there was no note in the file then agreed to remove the charges. Didn't make me feel like a Starwoods preferred member.

I'm sorry to say I would not recommend the St-Regis Rome.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your honest feedback and we are truly sorry that nobody sensed your feelings during your long stay.
It is our aim to create memorable experiences for our Guests and it is clear that we have not succeed in occasion of your visit. Thank you for taking the time to bring your discomfort to our attention; your comments will not go unheard and we hope that you may reconsider your decision and allow us another opportunity to show the best of the St. Regis values of hospitality on your next visit to the Eternal City.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed at the St Regis in Rome three nights before a cruise and 2 nights post cruise. I am Starwoods gold member and the hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. They assisted in getting our family connecting rooms and in one room we were upgraded to a suite with the butler service which was terrific. The concierge and doormen were very helpful with restaurant suggestions and taxis. The hotel rooms are very clean and spacious. The king size bed was very firm however the twins beds were more flush. The room had great amenities. It is definitely a first class hotel and the location is convenient to many of the Rome attractions.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, General Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience at the St. Regis Rome with your Family. It is a pleasure hearing that you could benefit of a suite upgrade in recognition of your loyalty as a valuable Starwood Preferred Gold member.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the warm hospitality of the St. Regis for another exceptional stay!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Due to an emergency, I was forced to stay in Rome without having booked any hotel and being a fan of St. Regis Brand, I decided to start from the charming Le Grand Hotel - St. Regis Rome: I could not be luckiest! I found one of the most professional and elegant Front Office Manager I ever seen, Mr. Danesi, which speedily responded to all my "last minute" requests in an impeccable way, going above and beyond my expectations. He gave me the only room available (they were fully booked.....ops ....sorry, they are always wooed by million requests for reservations, and know I understand why) and even though it was a standard room was much bigger than similar rooms offered by their competitors.The atmosphere you can breathe all over the hotel is pure history. Even when you feel lost in the immense Rome there is always someone at the St. Regis ready to welcome you as if you were at home. Let's try.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, General Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
What else could we possibly add to such rewarding comments?
Sandro and all the St. Regis team join me in expressing our most sincere gratitude for highlighting our commitment to service excellence.
Thank you for your loyalty to the St. Regis brand and for considering our hotel as your personal address when visiting Rome again in the future.
Grazie,

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I arrived to air conditioning, grand chandeliers, fresh flowers in my room, rose petals in heart shapes on the bed, fresh fruit and champagne waiting for me! Need I say more? The St Regis never lets me down when it comes to service and although one of my bags got lost from the airport, it was the diligent St Regis staff calling everyday who finally retrieved it for me on my last day. The room was perfect and romantic with opening shutters to the square (you have to call to have them opened first time). The room service was always quick when asking for ice (we did this a lot since temps outside were HOT). Always a smile and always fantastic are the concierge services in the lobby. We spent a lot of time in the lobby and enjoyed coffee, free wi-fi and conversations. Perfect placement to buy a Roma Pass at the newstand kiosk to the left of the hotel, cross the street and down stairs directly to the rail. The hotel is perfectly situated for all your needs and walking to many sightseeing destinations. I loved ST Regis Rome and will forever cherish the memories of being in Rome for the first time and staying in the beautiful suite! Thank you St Regis Rome!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Buonasera or Buongiorno to you and to the Tripadvisor community!
We are so happy to learn that you found rest and relaxation in our iconic landmark. Sandro, our committed and charismatic Front Office Manager and all the St. Regis team send you a huge "GRAZIE" for recognizing their professionalism and attention to details.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon on your next travels to the Eternal City.
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at the St Regis for four nights in July. I like the hotel very much, very unique and charming. Elegant and gorgeous lobby. They have the old-fashioned elevator.

Location - The hotel is located within walking distance to Roma Termini, the main train station. You can connect to Leonardo Express train to Fiumicino Airport from the Termini (€14, one way).

It's a few minutes’ walk to Repubblica Metro station (Line A), one station north of Termini Metro. The neighborhood isn't nice but it's very convenient esp. when you're lost, it's easier to find your way back to the Termini. It costs €6 for taxi ride from the termini to the hotel. A weekly metro pass is €24.

The taxi ride to the airport is €48 (fixed price), look for taxi with SPQR sign to avoid being rip-off.

Room - They put me in a tiny room facing their concrete courtyard. The size of the room is the same as the size of the bathroom. However, the decor is very elegant with well-appointed amenities.

Food - Breakfast was very good. The hotel offered good selection of food. The guy at the egg station was very friendly and funny. He always found his way to entertain guests.

Room service was good and fast, took about 20 minutes.

Service - They didn't seem to be fluent in English and I feel that they're somewhat indifferent.

Although, the concierge was helpful, he helped make reservation for Villa Borghese and gave good direction.

Business Center - They open 24hrs. I didn't bring my laptop so I used it quite often. The staff can't speak much of English and they were quite indifferent at the beginning. After a few days, they became quite nice even with language barrier.

Wi-Fi - free wi-fi in the lobby

Will I return to the St Regis? Yes, I will eventhough they're indifferent and cold. I just love the property, nice house-keeping service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing first hand tips for safe and efficient transportation in the city; surely they will be appreciated by future visitors.
We are glad that most of the staff was able to deliver a prompt and bespoke service and we will immediately focus our attention on any lacking situation at the Business center. Cristiano, the egg chef, is very grateful for your praise and looks forward to your next visit to the Eternal city to give his personal contribution to a great new start of the day with a memorable breakfast experience.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.