$172
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)(Great Value!)
$137
$310
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $509/night.

Hotel Artemide(Rome)
Agoda.com
$1,049
$849
2,115 results
All reviewsbutler serviceimperial roombeautiful hotelspg pointschampagne saberingconcierge deskbeautiful lobbyspanish stepsbreakfast buffetjunior suiteour honeymoonlobby areathe entire staffupon checktrain stationfive star hoteltrevi fountain
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Despite the slow and borderline rude gentleman who checked us in, we were overall very pleased with our stay May 9-13th 2012.
We were upgraded to a slightly larger room, but not a suite. Room was a good size-not huge but plenty of room for the two of us. Our room faced the courtyard and therefore was very peaceful.
The location was great for us-we walked everywhere and hopped on the metro a few times.
Lobby is beautiful-but we didn't spend much time in the hotel other than to sleep.
Would stay here again. We debated the other Starwood properties, but much preferred the St Regis location.

Room Tip: I have heard the rooms that face outside can be loud. We had a courtyard facing room and slept like babies.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, General Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Guest,
We are grateful for highlighting the convenient location of the St. Regis for sightseeing in the Eternal City. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered upon arrival and we are relieved that it did not affect the enjoyment of your stay; it certainly does not reflect our standards of bespoke service and we will surely follow up on this. We look forward to welcoming you back to the St. Regis Rome on your next visit.
Warm regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Speht 4 nights at St, Regis during my compan's incentive trip. Had no choice in which hotel was selected for me, but was pleased to see it was rated substantially higher than the other property, the Boscolo Exedra in the next block.

First impressions were good--beautiful, lush public rooms. Even upon entering my room, on the 3rd level (2nd floor), I was attracted to the lavish wall mural behind the bed, the plush draperies and the gorgeous venetial glass chandelier. But as soon as I started unpacking, I realized the downsides. Very little storage. A pedestal sink in the small narrow bathroom with absolutely no counterspace to unpack toiletries. The only mirror, other than a full length mirror in the closer, was above the sink, which meant that when my husband was shaving there was no place to put on makeup.

Plus, there was a lot of mildew in the shower and the electric outlet in the bathroom was broken, so the only place to blowdry my hair was in the bedroom without a mirror. We reported these issues to the hotel, but they never fixed them. Then, when I turned on the beautiful chandelier, I notice a large dead moth in it (which we didn't bother to report because we thought it would be in vain.)

Location was fair--we did walk to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps, but I would have liked to have been closer.

Since my room was paid by my company, I can't comment on value--but I know the rates are rather steep, and would have appreciated better service and a better-equipped room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gailfromventura
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. We are grateful for your feedback and we welcome both your positive comments and your constructive criticism. We are sorry that the dimensions and layout of your accommodation did not respond to your expectations and that you and your husband did not feel comfortable during your stay. We would also like to apologize for the issues you have noticed, that certainly are not representative of our usual standards of cleaning and attention to details. It is our hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcoming you back on a future vacation to Rome, showing you that the situations brought to our attention were just an exception a the rule of bespoke service and have been promptly corrected.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Really enjoyed the attentive front desk, butler, and restaurant service. The location is convenient walking distance to many attractions and shopping. I look forward to returning. The city was very humid in August so would likely return in spring or early fall. Breakfast buffet was very large and included an omlette station. No pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank VFF1000000
Gen_Mgr_StRegisRome, General Manager at The St. Regis Rome, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Guest,
All the St. Regis team is grateful for your motivating feedback and recognition.
We are sorry that the exceptionally warm weather of this summer may have influenced your sightseeing plans and it is certainly true that the spring and autumn times are considered the ideal period to visit the Eternal City.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is very much an experience in itself. From the parking courtyard off of the street you enter in to a grand lobby which then spills in to the lounge and the restaurant area. All period furnishings are impeccable and the staff are amazing. We used the hotel as a base for our stay in Rome and found it very central and convenient. You didn't have to indulge in the restaurant if you didn't want to as there were plenty of options nearby (we did have champagne in the lounge and had marvellous service - definitely an unforgettable experience. The rooms were spacious and well laid out and the bathrooms were everything you could ask for. We had to check out late and were able to leave our bags with the porter and, when the end of the day came around we were allowed to shower and get ready for our next journey in the spa upstairs - nice touch. A walking tour of the hotel is a must as there is a lot to marvel over. Make sure you take the elevator that leads up to the spa - a beautiful piece of antique machinery! Well worth the extra money to stay here and treat yourself.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JFriswell

Dear Guest,
Thank you for highlighting the great location of the St. Regis Rome and the precious advices you give to future Guests. We are glad that you experienced our Champagne Saber Ritual at Le Grand Bar, a true St. Regis tradition! We are also proud that you found rest and relaxation in our iconic landmark and that you could leave Rome fresh and full of new energy for your next journey.
It is our hope that you may return soon to the Eternal City, electing the St. Regis hotel as your unique address.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2012

All I can say is Wow! The St. Regis Rome is an amazing hotel! My husband and I arrived from NY at 8:30 am never expecting our room to be ready but, as we sipped much needed "complimentary" espressos at the bar along with enjoying some delicious cookies the wonderful staff was preparing our room! We were really impressed that they would go to such lengths to ensure we could rest after a long flight before hitting Rome for the day! I cannot say enough good things about the staff at The St. Regis Rome! We were helped with reservations to restaurants and tours and I was even escorted by a staff member to a salon so I could get my hair done! The location is perfect. The rooms are beautiful. The staff treated us like royalty! When we return to Rome we will be staying at the St. Regis again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NYCFLA

Dear Guest,
It is a true pleasure that you could enjoy your guest room to be ready shortly after your early arrival. We are delighted by your positive comments, showing that you perceived our daily efforts to provide our Guests with memorable experiences in a quiet and distinctive environment, away from the crowd of this exciting city. Grazie.
It would be our privilege to welcome you back and to have the opportunity to spoil you some more.