“Great Hotel, ideal location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Napoleon

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Napoleon
Ranked #71 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Scotland
“Great Hotel, ideal location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is ideal for walking to most of the sights and about 20mins from the Colosseum. The Metro entrance is directly outside, allowing very easy travel to the Vatican etc. The Hotel is a nice family run hotel with fresh decor inside. The staff were especially helpful, making our stay more enjoyable. breakfast was fab and if you have the opportunity the wine tasting evening is recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Have stayed at Napoleon once a year over the last 6-7- years - we really enjoy it. The staff at the reception is SO helpfull. recommend, make reservations showing places on map etc. Also the breakfast is really great. Lot of bread, scrambled eggs and bacon and the best cold cuts we have ever had in Italy AND on top of that a nice glass of FRESH orange juice. If you stay on a Friday night do not miss the winetasting. Here you will meet other guests, the manager and other members of the staff and share a glass or more of wine and a snack. The location 20 meters to the entrance to the Metro is also very convienient. No, it is not in the middle of "old Rome" but the price allows you to take a taxi (appr. 10 - 12 EUR) to go home from Pantheon etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Well, you might not stay here if you were expecting a swank 5-star experience. There are other hotels that do that. But the Napoleon Hotel is an EXCELLENT choice if you are wanting to stay in a clean room, in a safe, busy area that allows for easy access to most of the city. My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in May, and we were initially concerned about the reviews which mentioned "bad neighborhood". After getting there, I kept wondering what the heck those people were talking about. This hotel is located on a square near Termini, nestled in among restaurants and storefronts. The interior of the hotel is spacious, with a very nice common area on the second floor and the guest rooms above it. The room we stayed in was probably the largest of all our hotel rooms in Italy, and easily the most modern. We really weren't there to spend time in the room, but it absolutely served its purpose.

Breakfast every morning was satisfying, and the wait staff was friendly and functional. We never ate at the hotel restaurant but we did buy quite a bit of wine there, and the prices were reasonable. The hotel (and room) was always acceptably clean.

You are literally steps away from accessing the metro, which can take you pretty much anywhere in the city. You're also only about a 15 minute walk from the Colosseum. There are a lot of enjoyable restaurants within close walking distance of the hotel --- we ate at a different one every night and only had one experience less than what I would rate "very good". If you're not sure of where to eat, just ask the concierge - we got a couple of excellent recommendations during our time there.

Overall this is a solid 4/5 rating, and we will absolutely consider staying here again when we return to Rome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Don't get fooled by the front door, great hotel, gracious and attentive personnel, spacious and quiet rooms, good location, all things considered a little gem.

P.s. I had left my wallet in the room safe which was returned to Roberto (a great concierge) and kept in a safe place until it was returned...wow!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel in connection with a business trip. I selected the hotel to a very high degree based on the very good reviews on Tripadvisor. I have used reviews for many hotels around the world, but I must admit, that this is probably the first time that I have disagreed with the majority of the reviews. This is an average hotel, relatively small rooms, probably the smallest shower room that I have ever seen, relatively hard beds, an air-condition that did not work well and was noisy, and a neighborhood that is not very nice. One good thing to say about the hotel is the friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Writers_dk
Roberto C, Owner at Hotel Napoleon, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Writers_dk,
I am sorry that you did not enjoyed your stay at the hotel Napoleon.
Regarding the size of the room, for what I can understand you booked a single room, and even if I agree that they could be a little small, they are in the average of the other hotels in Rome. I would however underline that the hotel Napoleon offers the advantage of very comfortable and quiet lounges, also equipped with WI-FI, where our Guests can comfortably spend their time, work with their pc, or simply relax. And this is a feature not common in other hotels. Regarding the size of the shower, some of them are also small, but if you asked our staff we could offer you a room with a shower a little bit wider. The same for what concerns the bed. Our rooms are equipped with beds that usually are appreciated by our Guests, but, in case you would prefer a softer mattress, we could easily modify or change in a very short time, and we inform about this option also with a written message on the arrival. Recently we did not had encountered any problem with the air-conditioning, but, also in this case , if you asked our staff, we could probably fix the inconvenience in a short time, or at least change the room. We check the air-conditioning systems every day, and if we find something not well functioning or noisy, we fix it or substitute it immediately. Now we are going to check very carefully, particularly the single rooms, and we will immediately solve the inconvenience, if our maintenance had not done it already. We do our best efforts to make the stay of our Guests the most comfortable and we ask them to help us to reach our goal, asking for every requirement or preference or informing us of any inconvenience. I would be very pleased to have another chance of welcoming you at the hotel Napoleon, and I am confident you could fully enjoy your stay as the largest majority of our Guests. Thank you however for your review and remarks, we will increase our attention and efforts to do better in the future. Kind regards, Roberto Cioce, hotelier.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Well, I have just returned from a week in Rome, staying at the Napoleon Hotel, and what can I say but what an absolute delight. I booked mainly because of TripAdvisor Ratings - but also for some key features such as less crowded neighbourhood, proximity to the Metro, and free Wifi! I was not disappointed in any way! The most delightful aspect of the Hotel (and there are many) is the group of staff. From Franco and his team at the Concierge desk who are incredibly helpful, knowledgable, and speak fantastic English - right through to the breakfast staff, the housekeeping staff, and Roberto the Owner/Manager, everyone in the hotel was an absolute delight to meet and interact with. I thought the location was fantastic, about a 15 minute walk to the Colosseum, and just mere 15 paces to the Metro! Rome is an easily walkable city and this hotel was perfectly placed for making it the epicentre of several walkabouts! As with most European boutique hotels, the room was small (the shower even smaller) BUT was perfect for me as a solo traveller. The bed was ridiculously comfortable!! The service, food, and decor were all great, and I felt incredibly comfortable using the hotel as my home base for the week. Though I had one minor incident involving some banging in the room next door (on the one morning of the trip I decided to sleep in - there were some emergency repairs required in the washroom of the room next door) it was rectified immediately and the staff were incredibly apologetic! They stopped working immediately and waited until I was awake again to re-start. The cocktail hour was a surprise and great chance to meet Roberto, and although I was invited to the wine tasting on Friday (I could not attend due to a previous engagement) I was pleased with the invitation nonetheless. If you are used to travelling in Europe - this hotel will be a an absolute delight. If you are used to North American chain hotels, you need to adjust your expectations prior to going to Europe!! This hotel was an incredible value for Europe and provided me with everything I needed for a week in Rome - a clean room, comfortable bed, TV with CNN, free WiFi, close to the metro, quick and efficient service, VERY helpful staff, and above all a welcoming environment where everyone remembered my name!!! Franco (Concierge) even helped me out when I was lost in an area I did not know and managed to send me a taxi after calling him in the wee hours of the morning!!!! I cannot say enough about how great the Napoleon was, and I will absolutely stay there again and recommend it to others!!!

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel where there are rooms with patios, does face a courtyard and apartments...