On arrival was delt with efficently and given room 911. When we went to the room we found the room to be noisy. (Think it was the air conditioning).Went back to reception and explained the room was noisy. The receptionist then called the bell boy over who showed me to another room to see if it looked ok. It was actually a room upgrade and the bell boy got our bags from the other room and keys for the new room. I felt this was delt with very efficently.
The room was cleaned with lovely new towels everyday and even had a choice of pillows.
It was also spacious with a kingsize double bed.
Only ate breakfast in the hotel which was included in our package which had plenty of choice including hot food and pastries, fruit, cheese and hams, croissants.
The hotel was in a great location for all the sights and reception gave us the best advice how to see them all and also recomended restaurants nearby.
We ate at a restaurant nearby called Straga which gave generous portions and friendly service.
To get to this restaurant turn left when leaving the hotel then turn left at end of the road. Walk to the end of the road restaurant is next to pharmacy and square.
Also another restauraunt we tried was called Napoli which was the worse one we tried. We ordered a set menu which was ok to start with when the starter came out. I ordered a pizza as a main and my wife ordered a pasta dish which comes from 2 different kitchens. My pizza arrived very quickly and was very watery. When I got halfway through eating my pizza I asked the waiter where the pasta dish was. He checked with the kitchen and was we were told that our pasta dish was given to another table and a new one was being cooked and would be about 5 minutes. After 10 minutes I then asked asked where the pasta dish was and the reply was shrugged shoulders. We then left the restaurant with just one of us eating. When you go out for a meal with your wife it is nice to eat together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Starhotels Metropole, one of the most beautiful modern hotels in central Rome, Italy. We're a few steps from Termini Station, the Opera House and close to Rome's historic wonders.Come and enjoy vibrant spaces and places to relax, dine and chat; the hotel was recently completely refurbished, to stunning effect.Our 4 stars hotel in Rome has 236 bedrooms and suites with every home comfort, our superb Apicio Restaurant, Rendezvous bar, a new fitness room open 24 hours a day and nine dynamic meeting rooms for up to 180 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Starhotels Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Metropole Hotel Rome
- Rome Metropole
- Starhotels Metropole Rome
- Metropole Rome Starhotel