“disappointing”

Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici
Ranked #458 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 28, 2012

we stayed here one night at the end of our italian vacation and chose it because of it's proximity to the airport. to begin with, we had trouble finding the property. the parking lot and landscaping are run down so the first impression is not great. the lobby was nice and open so we perked up at little, until we got to our room. the corridor and room need updating and smelled musty. the bathroom floor and tub were littered with hair and just looked and smelled dirty. we felt compelled to check the sheets and mattresses for bedbugs but thank goodness we saw no signs of infestation. the ice machine on our floor was not in operation so we called the front desk and were told there were only a couple working on other floors. we made sure we didn't walk on the dirty carpet in bare feet and basically just stayed in our room and left early the next morning. this was not a cheap hotel and i would not recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank beck52
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear beck52,

Thank you for your stay with us and taking the time to write us a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry your stay was negatively affected by the room accommodations that you received and if you found our location somewhat inaccessible. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had meetings at the airport but wanted to sight see in the city centre. This was advertised as handy for both. The shuttle did not run often. When I arrived at the airport, it was 4 hours until the next shuttle bus! The next time, I was advised that it left from stand19 where there were bus shuttles. It actually left from stand 15 and I had to run after it. Thh shutle was 30 minutes late leaving in the morning and did not run in time to catch my 8 am flight so pretty useless. I spent a fortune on taxi fares. There are frequent and cheap direct train and bus shuttles from airport to city. I could have used these, saved a lot of time and paid for a great room in the city with the amount saved on taxi fares ( 30-50 Euros per trip). Staff were off hand and seemed to be left to work everything out on my own.
Being out in the middle of nowhere, I eat in for 2 nights. The first night, I had an OK pasta and sword fish with both a bit tough. The second night fot same price I had fantastic meal - huge veal chop cooked medium rare with roasted shallots, aubergine and courgettes with perfect roast potatoes. What a delightful surprise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 54Maggie
ROMDM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear 54Maggie,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your last stay at Holiday Inn Rome Eur Parco dei Medici.
As you may have noticed, the shuttle timetable has fixed departure times. They have been evaluated through the requests we usually receive from our guests and also considering the arrival and departure flight records. We thank you for your suggestions and positive criticism.
Thank you also for the comments on the food offered in the restaurant.
Hope it will not be the last time you visit us.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hotel rooms are full of cigarette smell. The light switch for the washroom somtimes work, sometimes doesn't. Power outage happen every night for the 2 days that our group have stayed. We have talked to reception and the reply is too many people use it at the same time so the power went out. Also, you can constantly hear someone walking down the hallway or talking in the rooms besides you. The only good thing about this hotel is they offer both soft and firm pillows.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oct T
ROMDM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Oct T,
Thank you for your comments. I have investigated with our chief engineer the situation of the electricity. He told me that the lack of the electrical power supply was generated by an unforeseen incident to our internal electrical system. This shortage appeared in all the hotel areas but it was resolved the same day. We really hope this had not damaged your tour in Rome. I have informed the housekeeper about the smell of smoke in the rooms as well.
Thank you also for approving our choise of the pillows.
Thank you for your positive criticism. Guest like you help us to improve our services and to prevent that similar situations can happen in the future.
kind regards

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Room was standard holiday inn quality - which is decent. We stayed here only because we had a morning flight home and its near the airport with a shuttle. We did eat dinner here. It was pretty awful. Especially coming off a week tour of Italy and having some of the best food of my life! Wine was rough. Pasta was like I make for my kids at home. Antipasti buffet was not good. I saw some little flies inside one of the buffet servers! Our shuttle left at 7 am and the breakfast did not even open until 7 so we didn't have the pleasure of experiencing that.

Wifi was extra which is unusual in the states for a holiday inn. Or at least priority club gets it free, not here I guess. There were no "freebies" for priority club like water or snacks like in the USA.

Anyway, we didn't stay here for the food. We wanted a clean place close to the airport and this holiday inn did the trick.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear BusterBronco,
I have read your comments on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Rome Eur Parco dei Medici.
I do apologize is some of the services did not find your expectations, in particular with the food of our restaurant. Had you contacted the Maitre d'Hotel whilst in hotel, he would have made every effort to assist you and to find a solution. I have forwarded your comments to him and the executive chef as well. I know they will take corrective steps in order to improve the level of service.
As for the internet service, we offer different opportunities of price. Guest can choose the one which fits better to his requirements. I do apologize if this service did not meet yours.I have really appreciate your point of view and the suggestions you gave to us.
I would like you will visit us again in a next future, by giving us a second chance.
Kind regards

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We paid to take the hotel shuttle to the city for some sightseeing. On our return shuttle at 8:10PM, our bus rear-ended a car which rear-ended the bus in front of it. A few of us went to the local hospital. I had a concussion and contusions on my arm and legs. My husband went back to the hotel to get my passport to bring to the hospital; we were still waiting for the ambulance. When he went to the front desk, he asked for the name of the hospital that we were transported to and the hotel representative said it could be one of three in the vicinity. My husband told him that it would take three phone calls to find out which hospital but the hotel representative refused to make any calls. We returned to the hotel at 2AM by taxi. There was no apology by the bus driver or the hotel, nor did they offer to send the shuttle to pick us up. The last patient called the hotel and demanded that they at least pay for the taxi fare for us to get back to the hotel. The next morning, my husband explained the situation to the hotel manager; he said he would look into it and contact us by email. Almost a month has gone by and we have had no response from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy H

Dear WorrisomeTraveller ,
I do apologize for the unpleasant episode occured to you and your family. We know that other guests had immediately assistance from our staff and that they have been refunded for the taxi expences. I have discussed the matter also with the general manager of the hotel. I know that the insurance company of the shuttle bus has been informed of the episode. If you have not forwarded the hospital and taxi receipts, please do it and send it to the following address: general.manager@holidayinn-eur.it
I will reply as soon as I have more information.
I do apologize again for this circumstance. I really hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

After a long drive from the North we found the Holiday Inn on our Tom Tom, wanted somewhere close to airport for a family and did not want to get 2 rooms. Evening Reception Staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms large and very neat and tidy, Breakfast was plentiful. We made the decison to book for our return to Rome....only disappointment was the shuttle bus and operating times.....last bus back from city was 8pm........train was close by but morning staff not helpful with train information....gave us the map, but did not tell us that we had to buy our tickets at the hotel. You cant buy a ticket at the station. Overall a pleasant and enjoyable stay.......only to sleep shower and then travel to airport, which was a short 15 min taxi ride.

Room Tip: rooms not close to elevator lobbies, when people get out of lift they can be quite chatty and loud.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear jabricci,
Thank you for your comments relating your last stay at Holiday Inn Rome Eur Parco dei Medici. I really appreciate that you have found our services good and that you had an overall pleasant and enjoyable stay.As for the shuttle services, our arrival and departure times have been evaluated from our guest's requests. I do apologize if they did not found your requirements.
Thank you for your positive criticism. I really hope to have you again as one of our best guests.
Kind regards

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were very pleased with the hotel. It was attractive, clean & rooms were spacious. We were with a tour so transportation was not an issue. We did have two meals at the hotel and were pleased with both. The service was good and staff was friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ROMDM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Eur Parco Dei Medici, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear LouAnn B,
Thank you for your comments relating your recent visit at Holiday Inn Rome Eur Parco dei Medici.
I'm glad that your stay has been pleasant and that the service was good together with staff attitude.
Thank you for your cooperation, we hope to have you again as one of our best guest.