“Small room but located near the airport”

Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia
Ranked #632 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Singapore
“Small room but located near the airport”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

As most hotels are rather out of the way, Holiday Inn Aurelia is located near a petrol station, McDonalds and a really good supermarket. We stayed 2 nights here and loved the fact that we could go supermarketing at night when there´s nothing left to do. If you are a supermarket nut like I am and Rome is your last stop before flying home, save some space in your luggage for food produce that you wont be able to resist. Breakfast is simple, as most Italian hotel. Check out is early at 10am.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank makhruji
, Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.
We try always to pay attention to guest needs. Hotel has a late check out policy up to 02.00 o’clock p.m. for all guests that would requested it at reception desk.
We thank you again for your review and hope to see you on next trip.

Anna
Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is the place to stay if you want an American type hotel in Italy and want to be near the airport.
Otherwise, don't ..it's not near anything...restaurant breakfast was ok. Pay for Internet connection.
The shuttle into Rome was very helpful , on time, convenient drop off point for walking Rome. Front desk staff was very helpful..they deal with huge crowds from tours coming into this hotel. When inRome , stay in Rome so you get the whole experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank skatinggrandma
Auckland
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed here for five nights in June. Would never go back. It is a disappointing hotel for this world wide chain. The only positive was Fabio on the front desk.
The hotel s miles from anywhere and anything, they do offer a shuttle into the city every day, and that is 5 euros return trip. But there is only two trips in the morning and two back in the afternoon, last one is 8:45pm.
The restaurant is expensive 28 euros for a buffet, of over cooked, cold soggy food, but apart from McDonalds at the end of the hill, there is no other choice.
I had a very unpleasant experience with housekeeping, where I left a couple of things on my bed when I went out one day, including a necklace. Realized just as I left the hotel what I had done, but what do you do? When I returned, the bed had been made and everything was put back on the bed except the necklace. I looked for it. It couldn't find it. The next day as I put the do not disturb sign on the door, so I could look for it again when I got back, and didn't want the room cleaned again insane it was still in there. I mentioned this to the front desk, and asked if they could talk with housekeeping, to see they remember seeing it.
When I got back, I was handed an envelope with the necklace inside, I assumed it had been found in the laundry, but it transpired that housekeeping went into m room, even tough the do not disturb sign was out, and searched the room. They found it in my suitcase! They could not offer an eplaination why they thought it was acceptable to look in my suitcase, and to this day still awaiting an apology for this.
WiFi is available in the room , at a cost, but it is through Vodafone and the hotel has no control over service etc. I couldn't access this from my iPad, and had to use the hotels WFi in the lobby, which us 5 euros per day, from 8:30am each they change the password, ad you no longer have access. So if you buy it at night you may only get a few hours for your money.
The Holiday Inn Aurelia is not a good pace to stay, stretch the budget and find somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Maddi72
, Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

my name is Fabio and i had the pleasure to check you in and call you to inform you that your necklace had been found. I think that I didn't manage to explain clearly what happend with regards your belonging.
On the day you informed reception about the missing necklace, We promptly called our housekeeping Manager in order to search for it. She decided to override our strict rule about the "do not disturb" sign solely because She was concerned about your preoccupation which seemed to depend on the affective value of the item. She was accompanied by another staff member. After careful search it was found not IN but UNDER your luggage. It was then delivered to me at reception and I took charge of contacting you.
At this stage I would like to apologise once more about the fact We decided to access your room, but I'd like to stress that it was done with a purpose: "to take care of our guest and their items".

Yours faithfully
Fabio Terracciano
Assistant Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

london
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Dont book this hotel miles away from city center! you will spend 100s of euros on taxis there is a bus for 5 euros but only goes twice in the morning and twice in the evening ! you have to pay 35euros for a taxi to the train station to get to the city! food expensive breakfast 14 euros for 3 of us thats nearly 40!!! lucky there was a mcdonalds down the road!Thomas cook promised us a swimming pool ! it is closed green and mouldy ! No outside space at all to sit in the sun! small pokey rooms but nice bathhroom . on the last day we were flying at 6pm city to far away to go and as no outside space at all (staff said for a 25 euro cab fair we could go to a park down the road what a cheek!!)so we spent hours waiting in the lobby for our taxi at 3pm > What a waste of a day we were planning to sit by the pool on our last day !!However the staff were very nice

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Laguna Niguel
Reviewed May 30, 2012

What a dump. The only good thing here is its close to the airport (20 minutes) and there is a McDonalds at the bottom of the hill and a grocery store. The restaurant sucks and besides the McDonalds, there is nothing around...and I make it a rule not to eat at American fast food joints when I travel...but I had to make the exception this time. Internet doesn't work anywhere other than the lobby and its 10 Euros for an hour. If you want to print a boarding pass, you have to save it to your computer and email it to the hotel and they print it. Once again, what a dump. Skip it.

Room Tip: Buy a tent and sleep in the parking lot.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KevinKo
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear KevinKo,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. The feedback we receive is important to us. This is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again and witness the changes on your future visit.

Gherlyn C.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was the first time I have stayed at this hotel, and to be fair, it is no better or worse than most middle of the road continental hotels.
Rooms clean but a little tired in places. Italian TV channels have a lot to be desired.. I always want to offer my assistance in re0tuning their satalite channels!.

Hotel Bar is, as you would expect, a little pricy, as is the restraunt. Food good but limited.

Breakfast is continentalstyle, with a reasonable selection of cold meats / cheese etc. Fresh Orange Juice available as well as the concentrate. Coffee a little disapointing (from vending machine) rather than fresh

Staff friendly and always helpful

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the rear, they empty the glass bins early on a Tuesday morning and even with teh wind...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cerbera69
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Reception staff were excellent and thats it! Room and housekeeping was good . Air conditioning was not working till June 2012 according to hotel policy!! Temperature was 32 Celius on the 10th of May 2012. Swimming pool was closed for whatever reason! Breakfast was poor with very few selections.

Room Tip: Give a call to reception and beg them for a good room!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rome - Aurelia, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Entertainment100,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found our front desk staff excellent and the room and housekeeping good. We work very hard to ensure our services are superior and strive to be the best in the area. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. With the extreme heat we have in Rome during that time, I understand the discomfort this caused you. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G