“The other rental of David's we stayed in”
A nice Breakfgast in the patio! The entrance
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
A unique feature ..The uncomparable jacuzzi
A nice Breakfgast in the patio!
The entrance
Studio overview
Tv corner
Lunch is ready !
The murphy bed opened
The bed
A romantic dinner
The room
The Kitchen with microwave, gas stove and  fridge
Kitchen overview
The washing machine
The outdoor patio
The patio
A unique feature ..water filling the Jacuzzi
The double sinks are a nice feature of this bathroom
The fantastic SPA
The Jacuzzi
A unique feature ..a gorgeous Bathroom wit shower and Jacuzzi
Bathroom overview
Toilet and bidet
The entrance ..Welcome Home !
The Murphybed
Room overview
Mirror...Mirror on the wal ....
Room overview
The magic ...of the murphybed
A breakfast on the patio...
Table & TV
Table &TV
A charming area to enjoy the outdoors
The  Flowered Bouganville
Theflowered bouganville
The shower
A close-up shot of the tub
A close up of the sink
The toilet and the bidet
Kitchen view
The kitchen... ready to be used!
Hey I'm here too!! ..said the washing machine
apartment layout
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Patrick G
Los Angeles, California
“The other rental of David's we stayed in”
Reviewed September 30, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

This is the other rental from David Pitot. The place next door can accomodate several persons; although this one probably has similar square footage, it's set up for 2 persons or a couple and a small child.

David does a really nice job. The facilities are very well-maintained ( David and at least one other work-person were doing things outside while we were there) The outside terrace was clean and the plants groomed and trimmed. The interiors were clean and also well-maintained. David has persons who come in at the end of every rental and do a hotel-quality cleanup.

We liked having David as our vacation landlord--any time we had a need or something came up he took care of it immediately. These weren't necessarily things within the scope of the job--for instance, we asked him if there were any matches in the rental and within a short time he was at the door with matches! When we were leaving the second apartment we rented from David, we realized we'd left our passports hidden in this first apartment. David took this in stride and told us how to access this apartment, which was vacant until later that day. Very well-organized and dedicated guy. Also pleasant.

The apartment won't work well for large groups or for anyone using a wheel chair. One of the nice things about the terrace is that it's not at street level, so you feel a sense of privacy when you're out there. But this also means there are probably 15 steps from the street to the terrace, which is where you enter the apartment.

Don't know if pets are OK or not. We don't have them, so it didn't come up.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Our landlord. The facilities were also very good and an excellent buy.
Liked least: The kitchen's small, which is what you might expect in a rental of this cost and size. Very doable unless you're planning elaborate dinners!
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 3, 2014
Dear Charmaine and Pat,
Thanks for the lovely review. It's been good meeting you and I alrerady miss the little chats we had.
I Really need more and more guests like you who really aprreciate the authenticity and genuinity of the area which is so close to attractions but away enough "only for turists "area.
Thanks also for appreciating my work.I have travelled a lot for work and I know what it feels like to be for the first time in a new city, with a different language and habits so I try my best to make my guests feeling home!
I hope to host you again soon.
Warmest regards
R Jerry S
North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Everything it said it was”
Reviewed September 17, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

David our host was phenomenal! He took the time to orient us to the place and the location. So it is a cute and funky little apartment a block away from public transportation that connects to everywhere. We had some doubts about the Murphy bed- but it was very comfortable with it's foam mattress. And the tub was great. If you want to be in the most crowded touristy section this isn't the place. If you want to get the feel of a true neighborhood in Roma you will love it. We would definitely come back!

Sep 25, 2014
Dear Jerry,
Thanks for your nice review. I am really glad to have hosted you and your wife. I really need more and more guests like you who really enjoy to live the city "as romans do" who appreciate the authenticity and genuinity of the area, which as you say its'so close to center but away from the torists hord.
Hopeto host you again soon.
Warmest Regards
Badbones
Brisbane Region, Australia
“The Good; the Bad and the Ugly....”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

The Good:- The owner is very well organised and speaks excellent english. The TV is the very latest tec. and gets a squillion channels [ albeit just about all in Italian ] The bathroom is good, but ridiculously large compared to the rest of the place [ if you look at the floor plan on the net you will see that it is the largest room in the apartment ] There is a Murphy bed in the lounge which is simple to operate and reasonably comfy. There is also a large comfy lounge in the same area, which makes good TV viewing. There are excellent window and door safety guards on all windows. The washer is good and good drying areas in garden. The fridge with freezer, stove, m/wave etc all work well and are entirely adequate. David makes it very easy to book and only asks for a reasonable deposit and answers all emails with alacrity. He is a nice guy trying to make a buck in an unfriendly economy.
The Bad:- The kitchen is poorly lit, with two lights above the stove; only one working and the other facing in the wrong direction; the ceiling lights are homemade and have been poorly placed so that the overhead cupboards do not allow the light to reach the correct areas. Several of the cupboard doors are poorly fitted and cannot be closed without force. The coffemaker is small and only suitable for one person at a time; there is no kettle to heat water for tea. There were no wineglasses; but there were some old Nuttelene jars to drink out of and 6 other small glasses. The crockery and cutlery were in a very "tired" condition and generally, the kitchen was not a happy place to be in. The bathroom towels supplied were very "tired" also and should have been retired to stud a long time ago. The cleaning cloths were as old as me, 1 and a bit toilet rolls [ we were there for 12 nights so these things were important ]
The fact that the flat is below street level makes for moist conditions and encouraging to the abundant mosquitoes here [ no screens ] There was a walk of perhaps 1 km to the nearest transport BUT; there were no trams running and bus services were cancelled and overcrowded IN AUGUST !! We felt trapped as we had difficulty getting on public transport and once had to walk the 5 kms to Trastevere bridge.
The Ugly:- RATS; yes the garbage collection points up the street 30 metres away actually had rats running around in daylight hours and subsequently the rubbish was strewn all over. Also a family of rats were seen living in the central area drain 6metres below the bathroom window. Really not a salubrious area at all and there are better value places around in better areas..

Liked best: Ease of booking
Liked least: The area
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sep 9, 2014
THE GOOD: - the wife is a lovely and sweet person. I loved the little chats we had during their stay.
THE BAD: - During check in the reviewer BADBONES slammed a kitchen door((broke it)which let fell down the fan coverage. I felt very unconfortable having him.
This REVIEW is FULL of FABRICATION. ONE FOR ALL as reference to future guests: closest bus stop is 30 meters from the apartment (bus791) and tram 8 is 150 meters fron the apartment NOT 1 kilometer as this reviewer state.
Also Ponte Garibaldi(heart of TRASTEVERE) is 2.5 km NOT 5. Check on google maps please.
THE UGLY: - Police was called by neighbors twice during their stay for domestic violence due to alchool abuse. The apartment was left in very bad conditions with garbage all over the kitchen, empty bottles of wine everywhere.
DON'T accept their bookings! and keep away from BEDBONES comments on the site
Dean A
United States
“Fabulous Apartment”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

This was our second stay @ David's Apartment. We had arranged with David transfer from the airport to the apartment. Our plane was delayed several times but through email communication David stayed on top of it and our ride was waiting when we finally arrived. The apartment is clean and in a quiet neighborhood. Tratevere is a great location and the apartment is close to tram and train stops. David does a great job of greeting you and orienting you to the area. He was very reachable during our stay. Thank you David. We will see you on our next trip to Italy.

Sep 1, 2014
Thank you very much for your review! The satisfaction of my Clients is very important to me and I am really pleased to hear such nice comments about the apartment, its functionalities and me. I hope to host you again...
Warmest regards, David
ljb1974
hamilton
“Very clean and convenient located apartment”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Great apartment, near transportation that was a short trip to all attractions. Apartment is clean and furnished with all necessities. David was timely, friendly, polite and very thorough in explaining all about the apartment. What we found MOST HELPFUL was his detailed list of instructions on how to get to each attraction from the apartment, right down to the platform to take at the train station. This proved invaluable to us and saved us a lot of time and stress. I would highly recommend this apartment to anyone staying in Rome.

Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
May 22, 2014
Dear Lisa & Salvatrice,
Thanks for your review! It's been a pleasure having the chance to meet you and host you.
Indeed it's a great spot of the city very close to attractions but away from the hustle bustle of the tourist horde and it's great when tourists like you appreciate it.
Hope to have you back sometimes.
Best
USA
Reviewed April 17, 2014 for a stay in April 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
May 21, 2014
Thanks for your kind words! indeed, I confirm how lucky I am in having people like you staying at my apartment! I need the neighbourhood to be appreciated by people that respect its authenticity, and make it less and less "for roman only". I hope that my small but coherent action against wild commercial interests will resonate around me and make the holiday-rental business a way to change this trend. Come back soon!!!
Germany
Reviewed April 17, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
May 21, 2014
Warmest regards, David
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing