“Excellent experience in a great location”

Le Stanze di Orazio
Ranked #226 of 3,743 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just back from 3 nights in Le Stanza di Orazio. First impressions were that the location was incredibly convenient from the Fiumico airport shuttle bus (6 EUR each) - just round the corner, 5 minute walk. Then we found the place, Nausica was there to greet us and help us get settled in. Our room was lovely, just like the pictures and very calm, beautifully clean, well equipped and rather larger than I was expecting. We'd asked for a room with a bath which Nausica had remembered, and makes a huge difference to us in relaxing after a hard day's sight seeing.

We had room 12 which overlooks Via Cola di Rienzo, which has shops and busses. Interesting to look at, but I suspect may be a little noisy in the warmer months if you prefer to have the window open. Rome Armony Suites showed up on the wifi so must be nearby, but we didn't find it!

Nausica's restaurant recommendations were very good, and we ate in the Prati district every evening which needn't be expensive. The Castel St Angelo is within easy walking distance, as is the Vatican. We didn't bother with the metro as the buses are so close so all in all we were very pleased and thoroughly recommend Le Stanza - many thanks to all.

Room Tip: Room 12 faces a fairly busy road which may be noisy if you want the window open (but the aircon is q...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Captain_Cook_9876

Reviewed March 6, 2013

It has been the most wonderful Christmas trip, thanks to the feeling just like being at home! La Stanze di Orazio looked exactly like on pictures and felt even cozier. My room smelled fresh, the owner was lovely and so was the girl looking after me. The only little thing that could be better were the breakfasts, they were little too simple. I will always recommend this place! The location is also great, walking distance from Vatikan as well as the Spanish steps and VIlla Borghese.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet, clean, reasonably priced and I mean REALLY reasonably priced for its great location, good “seasonal” food and standard of room, it’s Le Stanze di Orazio.. Honestly, when I heard B&B I was a bit hesitant, as Europe standard of 4 star hotels is not even close to Dubai 3 standard hotels! But believe it or not, I was impressed! It’s holistic and worth the value from all aspects. I stayed there for 5 good days, no complains of any sort.. In fact, lovely Nausica and other member of Le Stanze di Orazio were not only supportive during my stay, but I appreciated the effort they put into delivering back something maybe of no value but meant a lot to me that I forgot back in Rome! Thanks Again Nausica ..

Room Tip: I believe each room is colored differently, my room colors where very calm and soothing for me, you...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have been here 2 times now and I can just recommend it to anyone looking for quite an authentic Roman b&b with good location. I value the service, nice interiors and location most. The location is very walkable with nice restaurants all over Prati close by. You can easily take the Metro from Termini to Prati if you're using public service. We also took a bus in the night to Trastevere for dinner. A lot of nice shops around but the distance to Via del Corso is also very close. Breakfast is basic Italian (cornetto + coffee) and you may get a better cappuccino at nearby cafes. We'll be back, hopefully soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bauletto10
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed three nights at Le Stanze di Orazio and couldn't have asked for more. Naustica, the owner, was as charming as she could be and her staff was energetic and helpful. Rooms are immaculate, beautifully decorated, breakfast with freshly brewed cappucinos and espressos was great. We walked everywhere and the location was quite convenient to the SIT bus you can take directly from the airport. The room we were in had a spa-like shower (you know, the kind that has the jets from the sides, the rain shower head and a separate shower head) complete with color-changing micro lights. We want one of these in our home!! Our daughters' room was smaller but quite lovely, too. We felt right at home here and look forward to the next time we get a chance to visit.

Room Tip: I don't recall if it had a room number but the larger room was very nice. Also has a fold-out si...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

spent 3 nights here and you will have to go a long way to find a better b+b ! although a little pricey the rooms are spotless and the location excellent, if you stay here you will be in a much nicer area than near the main railway station where the majority of the tourist hotels are ! Your host Nausica will make you welcome and will give you a map of the city and tell you all the best places to visit.One word of warning here the area which was recomended for the best dining wasn't ! seemed a little rough and the nice 30 minute walk back down the river was over an hour,plus the first 10 minutes were spent wiping starling muck off us ( there are 10s of thousands of the dammed things flying next to the river here) and then you have to walk through where a lot of winos seem to sleep.Sorry Nausica but there are great restruants local to you which you should recomend first. other than this first class stay and if we come back to Rome would definately book in here again.

Room Tip: only 5 and all are excellent
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank duncan k
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Had a lovely stay in Le Stanze do Orazio . Pretty and comfortable room with a modern brand new sleek bathroom . Very clean .Room had air con , we didnt need to use it but Im sure it would be handy in the summer months . The location is perfect , right near the Vatican and close to shopping areas . Breakfast was minimal -pastries(yummy ) , yogurts, cakes and syrupy sweet peach juice . Would have loved to see more of a selection of breads,cereals and fresh juices . Staff were friendly and very willing to help . Would recommend to all . Cant wait to visit beautiful Rome again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple