“Gem of a find”

Hostaria De' Pastini Pizzeria
Reserve with
Hostaria De' Pastini Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #819 of 12,367 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Colonna
Description: Family owned and operated restaurant with great food.
Ireland
“Gem of a find”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We ate here on the recommendation of the maitre d' from our hotel next door. We had quite a late check in and it was 22.30 sitting down on a Fri night. (No problem, as the restaurant is open till 3am!)

Great food, friendly & charming waiter/waitress. Great wine selection & a cosy intimate surroundings.

We would happily return here again.

Thank Eire.Abu

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Not for pizza”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I took away a pizza of mushroom and planned to enjoy it in front of panthon, it just turned out to be a disaster. When i opened the box I saw a white-crust pizza, seemed not finished. The crust was so white and soggy, can't believe it's a pizza from pizzeria. However, their pasta looks good while I waited, and service is friendly.

Prague, Czech Republic
“An excellent local food right in touristic center”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Surprisingly good place right in the tourist center of Rome, just 50m away from Pantheon: food is great, prices are fair and for neighborhood like this even cheap! Get there during your walk in Rome.

• Visited February 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised at this little place”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for lunch, which is just around the corner from the Pantheon. We don't like touristy places and wanted somewhere that was authentic and good value for a light lunch.
We asked the waitress if we could share a pizza and bruschetta, as not overly hungry and she came out with it sliced up on 2 plates. How accommodating.

Food was great for lunch and service excellent.

• Visited February 2013
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was not very optimistic given the proximity to the Pantheon and the hostess standing out front to lure in tourists, but I was hungry and decided to stop. I am certainly glad I did. I ordered the ravioli in tomato sauce which was fantastic. Definitely freshly made. My wife got a pizza which was very good as well. We came back a few nights later after trying some higher rated restaurants in the city that were not as good as this place. This time I got the gnocchi and the veal, both were excellent. The antipasto was huge and all the meats were deli fresh. The wait staff was very pleasant and made sure we were well taken care of. They even remembered us from our previous visit and my son's name. As for the comments on here about being served tap water in glass jugs, I couldn't say for sure, but they did accidentally bring us carbonated water by mistake and it too was in the same glass jug. Perhaps they transfer all their bottled water? Either way, I would definitely recommend trying this place.

• Visited January 2013