“Fantastic Tour - Viva MAX!”
Review of Italy Rome Tour

Italy Rome Tour
Ranked #32 of 807 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Italy Rome Tour Private Tours with your personal driver and Official tour guide. Enjoy the personal care and attention of a family owned and operated Italy tour service! There are a hundred companies online that can sell you tours. We don't sell Travel... WE CREATE YOUR ROMAN EXPERIENCE!
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am not surprised to see this tour getting some many top reviews - it really is THAT good....to wit:

1. I toured with Max and he was simply fantatstic every step of the way. He showed up early, knows Roma history backwards and forwards, and personalized my tour the way I wanted it. Another unique aspect is that Max lived in the States for several years, so (a) his English is very good and (b) it is very interesting to talk to him about his views and experiences in the States as a Romano.

2. When it comes to Roma, you get what you pay for......I can't even imagine doing this city without a private tour guide because (a) there is SO much history - you want someone explaining it to you and (b) the lines are insane (at least in July). The advantage to Max's group is he gets special access and you basically cut the lines at most sites.

3. Max is a very interesting person. It was extremely interesting to spend a full day with a native Romano and hear his views on the city and other things in Italian life. I feel I have a much better understanding of life in Italia after this tour.

Highly recommend this tour. Viva MAX!

2  Thank AdamLoewy
There are newer reviews for Italy Rome Tour

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family spent three awesome days touring Rome and nearby attractions with Max and Alex. We really considered touring by ourselves but I am so thankful that we reserved the personalized tour with Italy Rome Tours. Our visit to the Colosseum, Vatican and Pompei were several highlights of three full days. Both Max, for two days, and Alex, for one day, made sure that we started out by appreciating Rome for all its beauty and history. They shared information with us through their verbal insight and numerous IPad pictures demonstrating before and after photos. Each morning they would pick us up on time at our hotel and customize the daily agenda around our pace. The ability of both Max and Alex to escort you around the many long attraction lines straight to the front entrance was unbelievable and paid for itself in time saved for visiting other Rome locations. Max and Alex made our visit to Rome a 100% success!! I would highly recommend anyone wanting a professional tour guide for an Italy vacation to use Italy Rome Tours!

1  Thank rockfish65
Reviewed July 6, 2013

It was really a last minute request for the private tour service with Max as his services was highly recommended by some friends who has used his services before. Max was taken and he willingly referred his partner to us and pick us up for our private tour of Rome the next day!!! Thank you Alessandro for an incredible full day in Rome. He brought us to see Rome with such a personalised experience! Thumbs up and definitely money well spent for what we get!!!

1  Thank JamesLeeWorld
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My daughter and I had a couple of days in Rome before making our way to the cruise ship. We really wanted to see as much of Rome as we could but the line ups to get into everything are enormous - we signed up for the 1 day tour of Rome with Alex and we had the best day of our trip. Alex is fantastic. He picked up up and took us to see ALL of Rome (Vatican, catacombs etc..) and showed us sights that I did not even know existed (the original road, the keyhole etc..). He was extremely kind, very knowledgeable and modified our tour throughout the day as we were discovering new things to see. He fast passed us thru all the lines and brought us right into all the main sights. I cant believe all the sights we saw in 1 day and how much we learned. He even took us to this amazing place for lunch. I highly recommend this tour with Alex, well worth the cost!

1  Thank Jill1717
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked with Max for 2 trips. One to see as much of Rome as possible and the second one to see Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius.
We booked online through his website and he emailed very promptly confirmation and step by step details. His English is superb both written and verbal. Keeping two teenage boys (15 and 17) engaged is not easy but he found something for everyone. He really loves Rome and his "behind the scenes" information and the ability to keep us enthralled from morning till night, was incredible. we learned so much and we never bored. He knows all the staff the venues, including the Vatican, and was able to get us through the lines seamlessly!

Our trip to Pompeii was equally as impressive. We could have just got on the train from Rome and wandered around Pompeii, but he drove us in an air-conditioned comfortable mini van, door to door. His colleague (an Archeologist) took us around Pompeii, which we loved and he pre-arranged the trip up to Vesuvius for us.
We would highly recommend Max. He made you feel like special guests and when we saw the bus loads of tourists walking around like herds of cattle, we were very appreciative of Max's attention to details and personal touch. Thanks Max!