“Very Pleasant Hotel”
Review of I Prati di Roma

I Prati di Roma
Ranked #890 of 3,620 Rome B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Milton keynes
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The apartment was clean and tidy. We had our own room and a shared kitchen, which we only saw one of the other guests in the 4 days we were there.
Rino, the owner, was very welcoming. He was happy to tell us the best way to get to places etc.
Room service was daily and breakfast, tea, coffee etc was stocked daily.
The apartment was not far from the vatican and a 5 minute walk to the metro to take to the other sights. The restaurants close by were good - food and price. I intend returning to Rome as I didn't get to see all that I wanted and will definately be satying here again.

Room Tip: I had the en suite room, which is what I will request when I stay again.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Guanajuato, Mexico
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a wonderful place close to the Vatican. Rooms and meticulously clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast is mainly bread, but the owner was kind enough to get gluten free products for me since I have a gluten allergy. The owner was fantastically helpful in showing us the routes and public transport needed to get to all major sites. Wonderful place for an amazing price in Rome!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Had a good sized, very clean room with use of AC. It's basically a three bed apartment with a shared kitchen. Whilst the breakfast is basic, the real benefit is access to the kitchen at any time of day or night, use of fridge, free tea and coffee etc. Rooms are well furnished with comfortable beds, being Ikea themed. The apartment block is quiet.
Prati is a good area with relatively easy access to "Old Rome'. Great shopping nearby and good gelato at Piazza Risorgemento.
The Osteria opposite is excellent, great value and a broad menu. Be sure to use it.
We would return.

Room Tip: Only Margerite & Girasole are ensuite.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The I Prati Di Roma was very comfortable and clean. It was only 500 mts to the Vatican and approximately a 30minute walk into the city of Rome. It was great to have a private bathroom which was of ample size and also very clean. Our only complaint would be the breakfast. Prepacked croissants and very sweet yoghurt and the fruit was not fresh. Also the television had no English channels. One would have been nice. Overall though a pleasant stay and would recommend this B&B for someone looking for a reasonably priced B&B close to everything.

• Stayed June 2012
North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Nice, Clean, near the Vatican, restaurants, shops and transportation, my son and I were in Rome for 3 days and this B&B was quite and safe, the owner came to greeted us the first day and to collect payment for the stay, I did not see him after that, we were out all day, he or someone comes and cleans the rooms, they assigned you a basket of pre-package sweet rolls for the room, you can make your own coffee and tea at any time of the day, when we left we just left the keys in the lobby, there was nobody to collect them, strange since I am used to hotel lobby check out.
this was my firts time in Rome, I did not know what to expect, I wanted to stay in a B&B because hotels were way more expensive, the price for this one was 80 euro per night for double room, they charge base on the time of year. Over all I recommend this B&B.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
Reviewed May 4, 2012

It's hard to find a defect. Nice, very clean, very well organized and maintained. The host, Rino, is kind, discreet and always ready to help. All the (three) rooms have a private bathroom, only ours was not into the room itself, but in the corridor. This has been the only drawback, a little less privacy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with bathroom inside, if available
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple