“Wonderful experience”

and 1 more site!
Il Giardino Casamari B&B
Ranked #128 of 1,148 Specialty Lodging in Rome
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed for three nights with a young baby. Isabella was wonderfull and took good care of us. The location was fantastic, only a couple minutes walk to the Marconi Metro station. The appartment was big enough, clean, warm and cosy. The bathroom was nice and had everything we need. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gasper321

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Conveniently close to a Metro stop so only minutes from the center of things it's in a quiet residential neighborhood of apartment towers, behind a gate and in a garden. The proprietor, Isabella is a charming, helpful woman who speaks English and provides a big breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank willwayne
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Like everyone else, I found saying at Il Giardino to be a real pleasure. It's like having a private apartment in a quiet neighborhood of Rome, yet just a few minutes walk from the Metro, with easy access everywhere. Owner Isabella is a delight - accommodating, gay-friendly, and fluent in English. (We left a hat behind when we left, and Isabella made sure we'd be able to pick it up when we returned to Rome.) The place is lovely, the bed is comfy. And breakfast is great, with a wide variety of choices.

Two minor caveats: Isabella has a day job and another home, and isn't around after breakfast time. So if you're a high-maintenance traveler, you might find coming back to an unstaffed domicile to be a bit disconcerting. And the neighborhood isn't a hotbed of restaurants, though there was a very nice pizzeria about a 10-minute walk away.

If I return to Rome (well, WHEN I return to Rome, since I threw a coin in the Trevi Fountain), I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sheppsf
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed for 1 week in September and would strongly recommend this B&B as very good value for money. Even before we arrived, Isabella answered our emails very promptly and looked after us very well throughout our stay. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, with Free WiFi and newspapers, guide books and maps and a garden area. Although not in the city centre, Marconi metro station is just around the corner, which takes you directly (quickly and cheaply!) to the Colosseum and Termini station. The advantage is that you can enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city centre, but come home to a quiet, peaceful nights sleep. A lift from Isabella to the airport on our final day was an unexpected bonus and reflects the way Isabella obviously likes to take care of her guests. Grazie mille, Isabella!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie D
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Il Giardino Casamari is a very nice place to stay in Rome. It's located in a residential area near the Marconi subway station. I spent almost two weeks there in October during my visit to Roma Tre University. The place is run by Isabella, who is very nice, friendly and always willing to help.
I felt entirely at home there. I wish I had known Il Giardino Casamari in July, when I spent two weeks in Rome with my family and stayed in the hotel near Termini.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank fpduda
Grancuore, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Il Giardino Casamari B&B, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

We are happy to have received nice words regarding our B&B not only for the structure and services but also for our courtesy and availability we can certainly say we are a "mission".
Our guest came for work and stayed a relative long period in our B&B far from his family.
We tried to make his stay comfortable to contribute to lighten his missing home .
Especially we offered fruits, jiuce, cokies, newspaper very frequently and we proposed him short trips on weekend days , we clean his room very frequently and we were very happy to answer all his request of information.
I am just wondering what is not “perfect” to deserve the mark he gave us……
Maybe although informed in advance what he didn't like is that being our B&B little and having other booking already we had to move our guest to another room during his stay.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Il Giardino di Casamari is very clean, bright, comfortable, well-maintained, well-equipped (with everything from DVDs and good wireless to umbrellas) safe and convenient, for both tourism and work. It lies in a quiet suburb which is, nevertheless, only two minutes walk from the Marconi station of Rome’s very reliable and cheap metro service (so a total of 15 minutes easy travel from the historic centre) and 5 minutes from a couple of decent local restaurants, so it is an ideal base for all types tourism. My wife and I found Il Giardino’s library of reference books almost as useful as Isabella’s encyclopaedic knowledge and friendly, dependable advice. The occasional free lift and accompanying brief tour were very nice and unexpected extras which made our stay there as enjoyable as any we have ever experienced. One final remark. I sleep badly when away from home but Il Giordano’s giant bed was so comfortable that even I slept well. If ever we are fortunate enough to return to Rome, Il Giardino di Casamari will be the first place we will try for accommodation. Ian and Barbara Halliday (from the UK)

Room Tip: Both rooms are spacious clean and pleasant with good heating and plenty of hot water- so you con'...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ian h

We are very happy to have received once again so nice comments regarding our B&B not only for the structure and services but also for our courtesy and availability we can certainly say we are a "mission".
Obviously not all people recognize and notice the details that we believe make us a special play to stay and Jan and Barbara have certainly enjoyed everything: English Newspaper, Tea corner where they can prepare tea at any time and the variety of flavors offered, cookies, drinks always available, the availability of the Iron board very useful for those who like their remains long like them.
I thank my guests for the estimation of my knowledge that is certainly not encyclopedic  I simply like so much to improve my knowledge about topics which my guests are interested to. Thereby the conversation turns to exchange thoughts, experiences and cultures which transforms being the operator of a B & B into a real opportunity for personal growth from “reality” which we would never get in touch perhaps. So thanks to Barbara and Ian.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

It was a coincidence I booked a room at the Il Giardino Casamari B&B as I was looking for a place to stay close to Roma Tre University….and it was a really lucky coincidence! :-)
It started really great as Isabella, the owner of the place, picked me up from the airport and saved me from fighting my way to the apartment with my luggage and local transport.
At the B&B a plate with fresh fruits and a filled fridge welcomed me and made my first evening really pleasant as I was too tired to go out for dinner – so I just enjoyed sitting in the garden!
The place itself is located at a perfect spot – just 3 min to the next Metro station, less than 10 min to University, a nice coffee place with really great Biscotti around the corner and a big Supermarket in few minutes walking distance.
Roma city center is just a few stations with the Metro and you will arrive at Colosseo in only a few minutes. So you can have both: busy Roma center and a quiet nice place to sleep - perfect combination!!
If I will have to come back to Roma I would be more than happy to stay at Isabella’s B&B again and can only recommend it to anybody who is looking for a nice little familiar place in Roma!!
Thanks for an amazing stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business