“So good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ristorante Da Diego
Ranked #6,013 of 12,043 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Trevi
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“So good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Tucked in off the Via del Corso the restaurant is a jewel of a find. The steamed mussels and clams were off the hook, we also tried the fried fish platter, the manicotti, and the ravioli, everything was incredible...don't forget their desserts!! Good and very nice staff, good prices....you gotta try this one!!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank dechuel

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Don't know what all the fuss is about . . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

The previous reviews seem to be written about some other restaurant. The location is fine - nearly all restaurants in Rome are close to a tourist destination as Rome is chock full of attractions. Maybe we were lucky, but my wife and I found the food to be excellent - not cheap, but good value. We stopped for a drink one morning and they didn't charge us 2 euros for sitting there. In fact, the staff were full of fun (especially the delightful Narcisa), and we had a great time. We went back four times.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alexandria, Virginia
“A good place for a quick bite.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Located in the middle of the "must-sees" this is a good place to catch a quick lunch or a late afternoon snack...just off the beaten path. The service was very good and the food was fine...a bit pricey, but comparable for the area. Don't know that I'd seek it out, but if I stumbled on it again, I'd stop.

• Visited June 2012
Toronto
“Adequate food, bit of a tourist trap”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

On a recent visit to Rome we wandered into the da Diego after being unable to get into another restaurant that had come highly recommended.

From the start it was obvious that this place was a bit of a tourist trap and we should have got up and left the restaurant. However, we were tired from exploring Rome and it was nearly 9 PM so we decided to stay. We decided to keep it simply so we order bruschetta and a green salad to share as an appetizer and gnocchi and pork scallopini. The waitress pointed out that the green salad was just that - green, only lettuce. I asked what came with my pork and was told nothing. So I ordered a side dish of spinach.

The salad arrived - green as promised. It was fresh but it would have been nice to have a bit of tomato in the salad. I'm sure I could have ordered that for a price. The bruschetta was quite good. The mains were very good. I had several pieces of pork in a very next white wine sauce. My spinach was fried with garlic and a bit of olive oil. I found it need a lot of salt. The gnocchi were very good as well and the tomato sauce on it was delicious.

The food wasn't bad at this place but I found the prices a little ridiculous even by Roman standards. There is no great view to justify the prices. Our waitress did a very good job and service was excellent.

I certainly wouldn't seek this restaurant out on a return visit to Rome.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Somerville, Massachusetts
“First meal in Rome and it was the worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I guess we should have known that it would not be a great place to get dinner as it was located so close to a tourist destination (Trevi Fountain), but we were terribly hungry and had been walking for hours. I ordered the gnocchi bolognese and it was the saltiest dish I've ever had (we were served gnocchi during our flight home that tasted better than this dish). I also ordered a beef dish that was delivered completely drenched in oil (it tasted okay but was terribly greasy). As it was also the most expensive meal we had it Rome, I felt completely ripped off.

• Visited May 2012