“A Good Place to stay when in Rome”

B&B La Roma di Camilla
Ranked #99 of 3,709 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights . Nice big room with a balcony.The room was cleaned every day throughout our stay. The B&B is approx. 7 minutes walk from Metro station. Separate kitchen and bathroom. The owners were very warm and friendly and we felt that if there had been an emergency we could have called them on the phone for help or advice. They arranged a taxi to and from the airport for 40 Euros. This is supposed to be the going rate, but I had read that other travellers had been charged a lot more. Nice shops close by, where we could pick up a bottle of wine and a pizza when we were just too tired to move after a hard day's sight seeing. Rome is amazing but for me the best bits were when we just sat down in a restaurant and had lunch outside in the sunshine. Take time to enjoy your stay and don't just aim to tick off as many of the top 25 sights as you can.

Room Tip: It depends , there was a shower in one room and a bath in the other. I prefer baths so I'd ask f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for B&B La Roma di Camilla

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Loved the location where I can walk only for 10 min to Vatican :) loved homemade cakes, espresso coffee, juices, cookies, etc which are available for 24 hours :) toilet and room was very clean and stayed there for 3 nights , every time I come back from tour, room was made perfectly. Two ladies were very friendly and helpful. Also, they have a tour guide book called "Rome" on their desk which anyone can access to that book. That book is so good and informative- I've utilised it throughout my stay in Rome. Everything was just fantastic ! I was there by myself (female,27years old) , I would like to comeback with my family/friends next time in future.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We just got back from our stay at B&B La Roma di Camilla. We had an amazing time in Rome and our stay at the B&B was perfect. We researched for a long time before we booked our accommodation in Rome, checking both Booking.com, Hotels.com and Tripadvisor for places to stay with great reviews. La Roma di Camilla was a great find with a very good value for money.

There is breakfast available all day, there was homemade bread, cake and yoghurt. Cereal, toast, nutella, honey and jam was also available. There is a full kitchen to use if needed.
The B&B had two shared bathrooms that were very clean and looked newly refurbished. I believe that there are only three rooms in the B&B.

Overall the B&B was a great find for a terrific value, although somewhat far from the center of Rome. For people used to walk it's not that big of an issue, we walked to the center in about 30-40 mins. To the vatican the walk is only about 15 mins. There is also a metro station in about 3 mins walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the best accommodation we had during a month's stay in Europe. The apartment room we had was private with its own on suite bathroom and balcony. There was a tv, aircon, plenty of space and a coffee/tea station. The shared kitchen had a 24 hour selection of 'goodies' available (espresso, croissants, biscuits, Nutella, cake etc.). The owner has reliable recommendations for restaurants, bistro's, gelateria's, tours etc. and she is happy to assist at any time during your stay. Fantastic!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

the owner made my 1st time in rome felt very warm welcome.
welcome hug at 10pm on arrival, small choco cake, map, explanation, room n advise were all useful n impressive. it made me feel more comfortable w travelling alone here. camellia n cinthia were so thoughtful about guest, s need. room, amenities n small little things in kitchen r so nice.
location was not in city but still easy to access. not too crowded.
for those who need warm n secure place, wld recommend here..

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Here you feel at home! I call it "my home in Rome". The rooms are spacious, and in my room the closet space was huge. The kitchen was well equipped, and it made my stay so much easier that I could use the fridge to store cold beverages, fruit and so on.
The neighborhood has everything you need, counting restaurants, ice cream shops, convenience stores. Two blocks away is the metro, and 10-15 minute walk away is the entrance to the Vatican museum.
The hosts are the nicest people you will ever come across. They care so much for you, and that your stay is a pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

If you want to stay close to the vatican in order to get up early and beat the queues, this is a fantastic B&B: extremely helpful hosts, big air-conditioned rooms and funky film-inspired decoration. I loved the breakfast buffet in the shared kitchen (available through the day) which included freshly baked cakes and jugs of iced tea. The room also came with a shared balcony, great for sitting in the sun. The only down side is that the mens bathroom is very small. I'm skinny and I could barely fit in the shower; if you are a big guy you will not fit. Plus the doors don't close properly so water leaks everywhere. The ladies bathroom, on the other hand, is massive. That's the only negative in what is one of friendliest hotels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2013