“A fabulous place to stay”

Spagna Royal Suite Rome
Ranked #33 of 1,068 Specialty Lodging in Rome
Blue Mountains, Australia
“A fabulous place to stay”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We are a party of 5 adults, ageing between 24 & 54yrs staying at the Spagna Royal Suites Rome. The hotel is extremely well placed, is of an exceptionally high standard with some of the most professional, helpful and engaging staff we have ever encountered. The rooms are fantastic with each of the 3 floors of the hotel having a different decor. The breakfast service is wonderful. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Rome for a holiday. James family from Sydney Australia

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
, Direttore vendite at Spagna Royal Suite Rome, responded to this review, December 30, 2015
Dear Sian J, thank you very much for your review.
I'm currently in charge of replying to all comments about our Hotel and I decided to take care of the old reviews as well, just to let you know how important has been for us and to inform you about important improvements we made to Spagna Royal Suite.
Since the time you was our Guest, we grown bigger and added variety to the offer of rooms, keeping a focus on what we consider our distinctive sign, create a luxury brand in the hospitality business in Rome.
Our success has its roots on the perseverance to follow a dream that our Owner instill in all of us, on the passion that we put on our job everyday and on the gratification that we receive as a result of all the Guests that, like you, choose our Hotel for their stay in Rome and then, with reviews like yours, confirm the feeling of the same vibration, the same emotion, the same astonishment that we always feel.
I'll be happy to receive your feedback, you can always write to the Hotel's e-mail address specifying my full name on the subject; and if you'll like to come and stay again with us, contact me as well and you will have a very special treatment.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Malibu, California
Reviewed July 14, 2014

What a perfect place to enjoy Rome!!!! We were able to walk everywhere from this location. Just below the Spanish Steps the hotel is small but clean and nice. The staff could not have been more helpful. When we arrived our room was not quite ready so the manager took us to lunch!!!! Very nice. We will come back again.

Room Tip: It is a very small hotel so I would suppose any room will be nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pamelarosen, thank you very much for your review.

Jamison, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My family of 4 (2 teenage children) stayed at this hotel last week and had a great time. When we first arrived, we didn't know what to expect because there is no sign outside. Just a buzzer. Seemed very strange at first. They do answer the buzzer immediately though and once inside you are facing a very small elevator. But once upstairs and you see how many floors the hotel rooms occupy, and you see the unique decorations on each floor, you will be pleasantly surprised. Our room was on the jungle floor with 2 king beds. The room is not very large, but it is clean and very comfortable. The rooms are also very quiet. Didn't hear any other guests at all or any noise from the street. There was even a Rolling Stones concert at Circus Maximus one night, and our tour guide said we will be up all night from the noise. But we never heard a thing.
The shower was large with a rain shower head. They even provided an American hair dryer - very unusual in Italy! Air conditioning worked great. The breakfast was basic Italian options, but they are very willing to get you more of anything they have. The location is amazing. 2 min to the Spanish steps (fountain at bottom is closed for renovation), 5 min walk to Tivoli fountain (which is getting cleaned and there is no water running). They are friends with owners of Life Restaurant around the corner. Good food but a little pricey. If you ask hotel staff will make a reservation, and restaurant will save you a nice seat outside. Overall a wonderful hotel in a very convenient location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the jungle floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy W
Dear Judy W, thank you very much for your review.

Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The hotel is a little difficult to find because there is no sign outside, you just have to walk down the street until you come to #3 and locate the panel of buzzers on the outside wall. They promptly respond to the buzzer and unlock the door. As other reviews have stated, the main door in and the tiny elevator are no indication of what awaits. We were a little frazzled when we got to the hotel because during our brief three stop metro ride, we witnessed a little pickpocket scene, which resulted in several stolen wallets - luckily not ours. We were offered a glass of Prosecco at check in, and as my daughter said, "Rome quickly redeemed itself!". The hotel has a "luxe" look to it, and has a wonderful smell of aromatherapy throughout. There was a street lamp right outside our window and we didn't realize until the day we were leaving that there are shutters on the window so you can close them without having to close the drapes and block the a/c unit! Even though noise never was an issue and disturbed our sleep, I would suggest closing the shutters since people walk the streets of Rome late at night. The breakfast was typical with some meats, rolls, cereals and very good cappuccino. The location is wonderful and one of the greatest memories we took home with us was from the hotel window, where a sweet couple sang opera for tips. Other than intermittent wi fi service, which we found to be the norm in all our hotels in Italy, our overall stay was great. The location is safe and we found we wanted to walk everywhere, both day and night and did not rely on the Metro or public transport. The Metro is a short walk from the hotel and can get you to Termini train station in no time. A word of caution, be alert on the Metro - pickpockets tend to "stage" commotion to cause distraction.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debbie K
Dear Debbie K, thank you very much for your review.

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The hotel looks very discouraging from the outside with no signage and entrance lobby. You are buzzed in and taken to a tiny 2-person elevator. But once you get to the reception lobby at the 4th flr, the experience turns into a pleasant surprise. The service is very warm and friendly, the rooms are very creatively decorated, with everything you might need. The breakfast was simple but satisfying. The breakfast areas on the 1st and 4th flrs were both beautiful.

I would've given it a 5-star rating if not for the not-so-minor issue with our bathroom.
We booked an executive suite but got upgraded to a junior suite. Apparently this was because the bath tub was damaged by a prior guest and is not usable. That was fine. However, even the shower area was affected and the glass walls were temporarily replaced with a thin sheet of plywood. <pictures attached>

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Achikins
Dear Achikins, thank you very much for your review.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I travel a lot and I have to say Spagna Royal Suite in Room was one of the most special hotels we ever stayed in. Every room was differently themed, and Massimo was nice enough to show us most of the rooms. The hotel is very well kept, they pay great attention to details, ITs just really special. I highly recommend it, its in a perfect location, very clean, very special.Will defiantly go back there on our third trip to Rome,

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room, just be surprised, They are all great and its very hard to cho...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DimaDooma, thank you very much for your review.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We have just returned following 3 nights in this hotel and it was really lovely. Some of the things that other reviewers have complained about are the things that I loved most. The fact that the hotel can not be detected from the street, for example, made it feel like a hidden gem. The lift was really old-fashioned and rather quaint. My husband used it without any issues, and because I am slightly nervous of enclosed spaces, I used the stairs, which were no problem.

Our welcome was fantastic, the staff could not do enough for us. Once we had checked in, however, they were very respectful and left us to enjoy our holiday without interruption.

The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and we got lots of photos of each of the floors. We were on the woodland themed floor and our room had the cow pattern on the wall above the bed. It wasn't as small as i was expecting following other reviews and it was very practical with a well stocked minibar!

The breakfast was better than expected. Lots of cereals and breads, croissants etc. with ham and cheese and various jams and marmalades. There was plenty to choose from and more than enough to fill us both up every morning.

The location was literally a 3 minute walk from the spanish steps, amongst lots of wonderful shops and restaurants.

We'd definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kat H
Dear Kat H, thank you very much for your review.