“Spendid Location in the heart of the city !”

Spagna Royal Suite Rome
Ranked #35 of 1,094 Specialty Lodging in Rome
Hong Kong, China
“Spendid Location in the heart of the city !”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

A boutique hotel right next to the Spanish steps.

Great location for shopping, sight seeing and where all the action is !
Spagna Royal is a hotel you wouldn't expect to find in Rome... each individual room has a unique Neo modern design and room sizes varies from small to large. Most hotels in European cities are tiny, but at least the small rooms here are still considered decent size.

Staff was very friendly and helpful when I needed directions of where to go and what to do.
I was taken aback (positively) when one of the staff actually waited up for my return late at night (I was travelling alone in Rome). The owner Massimo was extremely welcoming, nice and charming and made sure all guest felt at home.

It may not be your 5 star equivalent of hotels in Asia.. But I have to give it for European standards. Most hotels in Europe are old, interior design/decor are not as modern and nothing ever works. At least this hotel is new and clean and at least the aircon was working well in the summer.

I would recommend my friends to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
, Direttore vendite at Spagna Royal Suite Rome, responded to this review, December 30, 2015
Dear Gillian L, thank you very much for your review.
I'm currently in charge of replying to all comments about our Hotel and I decided to take care of the old reviews as well, just to let you know how important has been for us and to inform you about important improvements we made to Spagna Royal Suite.
Since the time you was our Guest, we grown bigger and added variety to the offer of rooms, keeping a focus on what we consider our distinctive sign, create a luxury brand in the hospitality business in Rome.
Our success has its roots on the perseverance to follow a dream that our Owner instill in all of us, on the passion that we put on our job everyday and on the gratification that we receive as a result of all the Guests that, like you, choose our Hotel for their stay in Rome and then, with reviews like yours, confirm the feeling of the same vibration, the same emotion, the same astonishment that we always feel.
I'll be happy to receive your feedback, you can always write to the Hotel's e-mail address specifying my full name on the subject; and if you'll like to come and stay again with us, contact me as well and you will have a very special treatment.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Terrible hotel, terrible service, terrible rooms and terrible breakfast !!!! And ........ very, very expensive !!!!!
The entrance of the hotel is só bad, that you need to ring the bell and walk until the elevator that is só small. The reception is on the 4th floor.
The service is horrible. When you ask them to make a restaurant where you want to go, they always sugest another one ? Comision ? Probably !!! I use to go very often to Rome, so I want to go to the restaurants that I like and I want. They were very insistent and also rude with me, trying to change my option.
The service : I stayed there only for one night , from saturday to sunday , and always when I've asked something tey said they were alone, and they could not do it.
The breakfast is so poor ..... You don't feel you were on Italy. The gay that serves it, is the same that carry on the lugages. It was the only nice person there.
But the room ....... They are so, so small that there isn't a placê to put the lugages. The frigobar is small, the space is something unbelievable for a 4 stars hotel. From the bed to the wall, probably 30 cm.. And the decoration..... is a jungle. Yes, even plants around the walls. The matress is not confortabe at all. We could not even sleep.
The location is fantastic, but at the same street you can find other hotels: Via Mário Di' Fiore

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank marirotondi
Carpinteria, California
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here on our last three nights in Rome. This is about 200 feet away from the Spanish Steps and in the heart of the upscale shopping district - which makes for very fun people watching. It's a bit tough to find, but what was neat is you have to ring a doorbell to be buzzed in. Then you take a ride on the "old school" elevators to the reception desk. The service there was top notch. Our room (101) was very nice but the location wasn't the best. It was across from the breakfast room so you could hear people arriving and departing from breakfast. I'm not a stickler on noise, but we could also hear the people upstairs walking around, the people next door in 102 flush their toilet (a lot). The room decor was very nice and well appointed with a mini-bar. Breakfast was included and it was okay to get your day started. For those who haven't traveled to Italy before, breakfast isn't like it is in the US. So don't expect eggs Benedict or anything like that at all....anywhere. I would definitely give this place another try and simply request a different floor - which is why I'm giving it an average rating. We roamed around the building and the other floors all had a different theme...I wished I asked to change rooms. But next time I'll know better. As long as you stay off the first floor I think you'll love this place.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CA_dreamer__103066, thank you very much for your review.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed April 29, 2013

When booking our hotels for our Italian adventure, we tried to vary up they types of hotels in which we stayed. I loved the look of the photos on this boutique hotel and thought the location would be perfect for all the sightseeing we had planned. While I agree with a previous review that the entrance to the hotel was a bit disappointing, once you hit the 4th floor, it was spectacular! Mossimo, the owner was absolutely wonderful...very personable and accommodating (and very handsome, as well!) We had 4 in a room, and the room was MORE than roomy for us. Loved the fabric coverd padded walls, the modern, unique decor and we especially loved the chromatherapy lights in the shower! The breakfast area was quite small, but very well appointed. While we were there, Mossimo told us that he was in the process of buying the rest of the building and would be making all the newly acquired rooms beautiful and different in style. Also, each floor would be getting their own breakfast area. One of our only negatives was that we were on the 2nd floor, and when the windows were open, the street noise was quite loud....but I'm sure that's ANYWHERE in Rome. But the windows must be very insulated, because once closed, it was very quiet! If you like smaller, well appointed boutique hotels with fabulous, personable service and unique and beautiful decor...all in a very covenient location--- then check in to the Spagna Royale Suites, and tell Mossimo that the Walkers from Little Rock sent you!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Peegers, thank you very much for your review.

San Vito Marina, Ita
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The entrance to the Hotel was a bit off-putting as the owner doesn't yet own the entire building, however we were greeted by exceptional staff and once on the 4th floor where we stayed, everything was lovely. We were four in a room - two big beds, nice bathroom. Hotel is in a great location. the morning after we checked in, the owner, Massimo introduced himself and served us breakfast in the breakfast room. He was charming and professional. Great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear LesleyFlaminio, thank you very much for your review.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. We spent 8 weeks traveling Europe and this was our first stop. It is a small very intimate hotel at a great location. The staff was wonderful. The only downside is that it does not have as much as a larger hotel would have.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mdesiderio
Dear Mdesiderio, thank you very much for your review.

Eye, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My daugher, sister and I were fortunate enough to stay for 1 night in this hotel due to our room not being available at our booked hotel as previous guest had lost his passport, so we were put up here which was just around the corner. It is a stone's throw from the Spanish Steps. The owner Maximus was absolutely wonderful, warm, welcoming and made us feel very special. It is a boutique hotel in an elegant old building, stylishly furnished and decorated and our room was spacious, warm with French windows which overlooked the street. It was quiet at night and very warm. All mod cons, wi-fi, plasma tv with Sky, plush shower with mood lighting and even a flatscreen TV in the bathroom although I don't know what for. Breakfast was good, usual continental style and very attentive staff. We enjoyed our brief stay very much and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Megan P, thank you very much for your review.