“Great hotel minus the elevator” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spagna Royal Suite Rome

Spagna Royal Suite Rome
Ranked #32 of 1,067 Specialty Lodging in Rome
“Great hotel minus the elevator”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We arrived thursday morning and had an early check in, as requested. The staff was great and kind and the welcome was exquisite. The room is nicely decorated and the shower room is big. Take the deluxe room if possible since the standard is very small. We were traveling with a baby so the only problem was the elevator. It was small and couldn't Cary us and the baby's stroller at the same time, so the fact that we were sleeping on the second floor was a plus. Breakfast was surprisingly good though the breakfast room is very small. the big plus is the location. Couldn't think of a better location than that, near the Spanish stairs. If we ever go back as a couple we would definitely return

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Direttore vendite at Spagna Royal Suite Rome, responded to this review, December 29, 2015
Dear Rkaiser78, thank you very much for your review.
I'm currently in charge of replying to all comments about our Hotel and I decided to take care of the old reviews as well, just to let you know how important has been for us and to inform you about important improvements we made to Spagna Royal Suite.
Since the time you was our Guest, we grown bigger and added variety to the offer of rooms, keeping a focus on what we consider our distinctive sign, create a luxury brand in the hospitality business in Rome.
Our success has its roots on the perseverance to follow a dream that our Owner instill in all of us, on the passion that we put on our job everyday and on the gratification that we receive as a result of all the Guests that, like you, choose our Hotel for their stay in Rome and then, with reviews like yours, confirm the feeling of the same vibration, the same emotion, the same astonishment that we always feel.
I'll be happy to receive your feedback, you can always write to the Hotel's e-mail address specifying my full name on the subject; and if you'll like to come and stay again with us, contact me as well and you will have a very special treatment.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

There are two good things about the hotel , location & staff including the owner . Rest everything is miserable. You can't find the hotel as there is no signage . A button has to be pressed at the entry for them to acknowledge & open the door. There is no reception at the entry as the hotel reception is on the fourth floor. The lift is a small sized semi automatic one which doesn't accommodate more than three persons. If you leave behind the door open it becomes non functional . It is the most basic model . The breakfast has a poor layout. The dining room has 4-5 tables . There is a fixed menu.you can't have eggs even if you want to pay for it. The rooms lack the basic amenities. There is no facility to make tea/ coffee. There are two disposable glasses for water. The tv cabinet is hopelessly placed with the bed. Be careful for you may end up throwing the belongings down the big gap in the cabinet. If you are looking for anything other than location then it will be a mistake. We were totally mislead by the rankings of trip advisor.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Rohitas
San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

After spending quite a while trying to find this hidden gem, my husband and I arrived at Spagna Royal Suites a day early, and the gentleman at the front desk (I believe his name was Mauricio) didnt bat an eye. He welcomed us with open arms and a warm smile. In fact, after hearing our sob story of getting lost and traveling across the country a day early in eager anticipation of Rome, he gave us the best suite in the house - the only one with a balcony!
We've stayed in some AMAZING hotels across the world, and I have to say: the customer service here surpassed all others! The young man that worked the front desk, and the gentleman that I believe owns the place went out of their way for us on many occasions - they were fantastic! I cant stress enough how friendly and helpful they were!
The suite was impeccably clean, and very chic - the turkish shower was a highlight! Very cool bathroom, comfy bed, lots of plush towels and pillows. Top notch!
We have extremely fond memories of our stay here, and cant wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank niki00fly
Dear Niki00fly, thank you very much for your review.

Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent our 1 year wedding anniversary in Rome. We stayed 10 nights in Rome and stayed at the Spagna Royal. The service was great! Our first night they recommended a great, non-touristy restaurant. The service was very personable and they would go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The hotel rooms are clean and modern. The breakfast was great, complete with great espresso or cappuccinos. The location is great! The hotel is only a few blocks from the Spanish Steps. The hotel is in the heart of the shopping district. My husband and I walked everywhere. We would definitely stay again!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jenna P
Dear Jenna P, thank you very much for your review.

VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel was amazing. It reminded me of a very modern glitzy Manhattan hotel. It was in the perfect location to get to everything. We also were in the area with the best place to eat and shop in the evenings. Staff was beyond helpful and very friendly.

Room Tip: The room was clean and decorated beautifully! Very up to date...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Snush, thank you very much for your review.

Burford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I recently visited Rome for a short three night break and stayed at the Spagna Royal Suite. The location is very central near the Spanish Steps, so is ideally located for visiting the Pantheon and other major attractions. The rooms are very good and breakfast also enjoyable. However, what really sets this hotel apart is the customer service. The staff were very helpful indeed, welcoming on arrival and keen to assist with any day trips or restaurant books. Massimo (owner) is very helpful but the same is true of all staff. Life restaurant round the corner from Spagna on Via della Vite is excellent, ask Spagna to reserve you a table. We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Simon8628
Dear Simon8628, thank you very much for your review.

Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here for 2 days and 2 nights. The staff is so pleasant, and work hard to make sure they accommodated all of our needs. They provided us with a map,directions and the best restaurant to eat at, also let me not forget airport pick up and drop off for 50 euros. My husband and didnt need to take the metro because everything is within walking distance, all but the Vatican, in which we took a cab..because we were pushing time for a tour, in which we booked through Viator. We actually went back to the restaurant "LIFE” twice, real authentic italian food. The rooms are very clean, excellent choice of snacks in mini bar, didnt try because we bought our own snacks prior to arrival. Free Wifi, clean towels, clean room, space for luggage, The steam shower is to die for. When traveling i look for cleanliness, excellent customer service and location, and by far this hotel met both my husband and I expectations. As for the room with the balcony! I promise you’ll enjoy your stay.....dont bypass, just book!

Room Tip: A/C unit is not noisy, ask for room with balcony, simple breakfast, just enough to get you through t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Amritrvlr, thank you very much for your review.