“Great place to stay”

Dreaming Rome Hostel
Ranked #53 of 1,131 Specialty Lodging in Rome
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff are really friendly and welcome you when you arrive. I stayed in the private room and was met with a bottle of red wine. They offered some freshly made pasta & basil pesto one evening when getting back late, which was very nice of them.

The only negative I have is that when I arrived I needed to pay in cash, and this didn't include the 2 Euro per night tourist tax. I wasn't aware of until I arrived, so had to find a local ATM. After looking I can see this is mentioned on 1 of the hostel booking sites but not the other, but only in the small description area. Whilst this was sorted out quickly, I think this should be made more apparent before booking.

Despite this, I think the hostel is fantastic and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Dreaming Rome Hostel

Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a warm welcome my friend and I received on a hot day in August. Fabio is an awesome guy who can make anyone feel at home! Pizza nights in the hostel was a great way of meeting everyone and did I mention.. free! I would only come back to Dreaming Rome hostel as it was the most I felt at home anywhere in Europe. 5 stars!

Room Tip: Private or dorm room are excellent. Dorm room better for meeting new people!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ZachD93
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very nice hostel, the staff (Fabio and Domenico) will do anything to make sure that you are having a good time in Rome! Also, every person I met in the hostel are very friendly and will give you hints for your next destination!

Room Tip: The mixed room has a/c!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This a unique place. The rooms and the facilities are great (including free internet and breakfast) but what makes this hostel really special is its host Fabio.

Fabio will go out of his way to ensure that you have a good time. Every night we were there he cooked free pasta for everyone. This was not only a tasty and cheap way to start the evening but it brought everyone in the hostel together so by the third night I felt like I was coming home not back to a hostel. One night Fabio took us all out to the local cafe where we drank and mingled with the locals.

If was a millionaire and came back to Rome I would stay here without a second though. This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wpalmer81
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I came to the Dreaming Rome hostel by myself before I met up with friends in Florence. I was feeling a little lonely, but Fabio and Domenico both made me feel so welcome, they are very warm and kind people.

The rooms are comfortable and clean, and brightly decorated. The complimentary breakfast is a nice tough! The decor is a sight to see. They gave me a great map of Rome, and guided me in finding the best ways to explore the Eternal City. They told me where to book in advance etc - always so helpful to have hostel staff with local knowledge! I spent my days mostly at the Forum, and slept like a baby in their very comfortable beds.

I would definitely return, had a fantastic stay. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hi,
The hostel is located about 30min walk from the colloseum and abt 5-10min from the Metro station witha convenient bus connection to the part of Rome that metro doesnt get to.
Fabio and Domenico are warm, friendly and very helpful when it comes to anything from booking ur vatican ticket in Italian to choosing a llace to go for a drink.
The hostel is clean and friendly, supplied in all little bits and bobbs that u may have forgotten from home eg towels, shampoos or btl of peroni ;)
You get free wifi and even computer and printer to open use. It is safe area to walk aroundeven at night and a fantastic pizza in the restaurant just round the corner. I just couldnt have been luckier.
Plenty of laughs, met many lovely travellers. I was travelling on my own and stayed there for 10nights. Couldnt have chosen better!!!
Thanks a lot guys, you are doing a great job! I will certainly see you next time I come to Roma!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank porteges100
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I think that the best part about this hostel was the decorations, there were lights, boas, posters, random decorations everywhere. It was awesome because there was free breakfast each morning (you can even cook eggs for yourself). It felt like a home and the bathrooms were clean. Overall the room and kitchen were somewhat clean but I have seen cleaner. When we first arrived our bed was messy, but it was because one of the guests decided to randomly slept in it, and then Fabio changed the sheets again. Fabio was very friendly and helpful! The location was okay, but it was a good deal and I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends