“Best hostel in my europe Trip”

Dreaming Rome Hostel
Ranked #53 of 1,164 Specialty Lodging in Rome
Reviewed May 21, 2013

It Was an amazing experience. Is like at home. Fabio and Domenico take care of you. When i first arrived they give me a map and they explain me what to visit in Rome, they Also give me tips how to skip the line for colosseum and vatican museum.
The breakfast is good ( they have cereals biscuit bred cakes Milk yogurts butter jam eggs and fruits, bathroom Was very CLEAN and the beds confy.
Close to the metro and colosseum . It is located in a safe area. Bars shops and restaurant around

Hightly recomended

Room Tip: Mix dorm have got a balcony . Rally Cool
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I cannot stress how much my boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay here!! We arrived at 10am and were greeted by Fabio, our room wasn't ready until the afternoon but he was SO helpful. He took our bags and showed us a map of all the tourist sites and helpful tips about the city. It's really only a 5 min wander to the Colosseum which was brilliant to know u don't have to rely on sussing out public transport.

When we checked in later on we were offered complimentary beer, as well as a bottle of wine in the room and an Easter egg the next day!. We stayed in a private double room which was absolutely gorgeous. It genuinely is like staying at a friends house, it's so clean and well decorated. Very cosy and atmospheric.

We stayed for 4nights and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our time in Rome. Fabio and Dominico are so friendly and helpful, they even took the time to help us get football tickets for our stay in Milan. They really are the best hosts and if we have our way we will be back as soon as we can!

Cannot reccomend highly enough.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013

When I booked my room here I couldn't believe that a hostel had 5 stars. Now that I've been I absolutely see why. This place is AMAZING. Fabio and Domenico are pretty much the coolest guys ever and felt more like fellow backpackers than hosts, even though they greet you with a free glass of wine/juice on arrival.
Fabio took us out for euro shots then out to a local bar, and since the free breakfast is until noon (!!!) there's no need to rush and panic in the morning. It's a super laid back vibe and ended up feeling more like a bunch of friends getting together for a weekend than a group of random strangers. Loved everything about this place and absolutely will go back! Thanks guys!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was my first time to go traveling alone and also my first time to stay in a hostel. This hostel gave me a really great hostelling experience. It wasn't hard to find, although I was unsure at first because the building did not have any signage outside to indicate that Dreaming Rome Hostel was at the second floor but it was okay. Domenico was the one who welcomed me since Fabio was on holiday and he showed me my room, the locker, the hostel amenities, and even gave me a map and great suggestions of what to see in Rome and how to go around. There was free breakfast and I did not have to wait long for my turn at either one of two clean and spacious bathrooms. I made friends with my roommates and it was like staying over at a friend's house because at the end of the day we'd all be in our room and exchanging stories of what happened to us during the day. Some of the guys from the other room would even invite us to grab a beer at a nearby pub. I slept soundly in my bed and wifi was really strong. I met Fabio two days before I had to leave and he was just a darling, like Domenico. He was actually setting up new cabinets and decorations for the hostel (I loved the carpet with lights). I availed of their service to get to the airport on the day I was leaving and Emmanuele (the driver) was a really nice guy who even waited for almost half an hour for my friend (who was to see me off) who was running late. All in all, I loved my stay at this hostel and would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Rome. Great hosts, great hostel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Trixie C
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay in Dreaming Rome Hostel. After travelling across the USA, South America and parts of Europe, I would have to say that this is the best hostel that I've ever stayed in. Fabio and Dominico were excellent hosts and were welcoming from the moment we arrived (about 10 at night). We were given a bottle of Prosecco on arrival, offered home-baked Sicilian treats and were given great advice on how to explore Rome. Clean, comfortable, hot showers, relaxing. I really advise you stay here!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Superior Double, we had a balcony, comfortable bed - good choice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is one of the nicest hostels I have stayed in before. When I checked in I was welcomed by Fabio with a glass of wine. That night he made meatballs for everyone and the day after once some more people checked in he made bruschetta. I was really happy about this because I traveled alone so it got everyone to the kitchen and I was able to meet people who I ended up spending a lot of time with the rest of the trip. This hostel is small, but it has a great atmosphere. It is really clean and there are two big bathrooms which, even when the hostel was overbooked, we never had to wait too long for. I felt like I was staying with a friend rather than at a hostel. I would 100% recommend this place to anyone going to Rome. :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in private room in this beautifully kept hostel. We're greeted with wine and chocolates from the incredibly helpful owner.....have recommended this place to everybody I know who is going to Rome ..... Can't speak highly enough of it

• Stayed: June 2012