“Perfect”
Review of Villa Pirandello

Villa Pirandello
Ranked #100 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Me and my friend spend Bank holiday weekend in Rome and it was fantastic!
We took early flight and spend whole day in city; then decided to drop our bags and check in and continue sign seeing.
You might think that the hotel is far from "the centre" well it took us max 10 min by tube from Coloseum to Bologna which is closese tube station. Walk from tube to hotel was another 5-8 minutes max. And its just straight line so nothing dramatic.
We were welcomed but great smiley host. This place is beautifull! has its own lift ;-) and everyone was very polite. We were explained how to use our key when coming back late, but again quite straight forward. When we came back from town that evening although it was late, there was staff sitting in restaurant so we didn't need to use our key.
Room was clean and ready; comfy beds, and very clean bathroom. We had enough of clean towels even we had sweets on the desk next to TV. I would say massive wardrobe is more than enough for your clothes and luggage if you staying longer; but we just stayed one night so didn't see a point of unpacking. I found the room quiet and in good location; letting the sun in, but not too much of it :-) I think as the place is in more less residential area, you would not be bothered with any noise here. Also I didn't feel rushed, so another good point.
I was impresed with breakfast! home made cakes, and different kinds of filled croisants, fruits, cereals, cold meats and chees; typical european breakfast. Waitres made us coffe from coffe machine which in my view is massive plus.
Next day we had trip to vatican and this took us again by tube plus minus 30 min; so not bad at all.
I would sugets you download the tripadvisor city guide app on your phone, you can plug in all placesy ou want to see as well as hotels where you staying; thanks to that our journey and orientation was breeze :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We loved our visit at Hotel Villa Pirandello. Make sure you get a patio room! So incredibly beautiful. The staff was fantastic and there was a wonderful feel to the place. Interesting history and fabulous location. The walk to the Metro was close as was the bus line. The hotel is in a lovely quiet neighborhood which was a perfect hiatus from the busy tourist areas. Highly recommend!
Joel and Stacy

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacy P
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the characterful Hotel Villa Pirandello for three nights from the 4th of May this year and were delighted that we did. From the moment we arrived our experience was first rate. When we arrived, earlier than expected, we were greeted by friendly, smiling, happy and helpful staff who made us feel relaxed and welcome immediately. The hotel was hosting a private First Communion Party at the time of our arrival but we were still able to use the lounge and enjoy a most needed complimentary coffee and biscuits. Nothing was too much trouble to the staff!!!
Our room was impeccably clean and extremely comfortable and although building work was been carried out on the museum next door we were not disturbed in any way or form. The breakfast each morning was brilliant, a wide plentiful selection of meats, cheeses, bread, cereals, fruit, pastries and hot and cold drinks and all fresh and tasty.
The staff provided us with excellent advice on where to visit and the best way to get there and which buses to catch. The hotel is slightly out from the main tourist attractions but if you purchase a three day transport ticket then ask and follow the staff's advice you will have no problems getting around.
I would recommend this hotel and if I am ever back in Rome it would be my first choice. Thank you to all the staff!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anniversary3037
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Mr friend and I arrived here at the finish of a challenging, action-packed Rick Steves tour through southern Italy. We were still happy, but needed a respite before leaving Rome the next day. Pure luck brought us here and we are glad it did. The V.P. was just what we needed after the hustle and bustle of Naples. We found our room to be clean and comfortable, but most of all charming...which is the word I would use to describe everything and everyone we encountered. Set amid embassies and parks, the V.P.'s surroundings were extremely pleasant. I almost forgot to mention the breakfast...it was fantastic. The staff was gracious and very helpful. One printed our boarding passes for us and booked us a taxi for our ride to the airport the following morning. We will never forget that ride...it made us feel very special. The driver wore a suit and drove a Mercedes-Benz. His route took us through the heart of Rome...the city seemed to be sleeping late blanketed by that golden light which only Rome seems to have. It may sound trite but the whole time we spent there...less than a day...was magical.
P.S. There is no swimming pool, so ignore my bogus rating.

Room Tip: We stayed in # 3 and thought it was fine. We didn't see any other rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Candace B
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in May and it proved to be a great choice, away from the busy streets of Rome so we could relax and recharge our batteries before another day's sightseeing. Our room was comfortable and clean, and quiet! Breakfast in the sun room was lovely, staff were really friendly and helpful with recommendations for dinner. Yes, it is quite a way out of Rome, but buses are frequent and you are only 10 minutes from the main sites.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lins45
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I along with my wife and daughter stayed at Villa Pirandello for 4 nights last month. We were really very happy and satisfied to see the hotel room. They have really huge rooms with a huge bathroom. The room ambiance was perfect, infact it was better than much costlier hotels we have stayed in. Breakfast is on the house and have plenty of options. Staff is very friendly. They answered all our questions nicely, and helped us plan site seeing as much as they could.

Hotel is located in some sort of embassy area, there are lot of embassies right around the hotels including Australian embassy next door. We felt absolutely safe in the night as we used to come back pretty late close to 11 PM every night. There is a bus stop at 5 mins walk from hotel at via nomentano/torlinia. One can get buses to all major hubs of the city.

I will not hesitate to say that our Rome trip was great and Villa Pirandello played a major role in that.

Only one suggestion: My room was missing a coffee/tea maker. I would suggest them to provide that.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank RishiVisen
Reviewed June 2, 2014

At Villa Piradello, the cons beats the pros.

We choose this hotel based on price and location. It turned out that the hotel was further from the city center, then we imagined - and yes, we did check the map before ordering.

Postive:

- Fresh and modern rooms.
- Great, quiet and safe area, surrounded by parks and the embassy of Australia and Quatar.
- Lovely lounge with newspapers fresh from the news stand. There is also an iPad 2 availible for use, free of charge.
- Good breakfast.
- Friendly staff.

Negative:

- The hotel is on the wrong side of the city, if you are visiting as a tourist. I am a great fan of walking when I am visting a new place, but when it takes 25 minutes of walking next to a car infected road to get to the first big tourist magnet (Santa Maria Della Vittoria), it is clear that this hotel is not in a good location. Do you want to have a 25 min to walk home, after walking all day? Note: When arriving at Santa Maria Della Vittoria, you still have hours of walking left, to get to the most famous sites, as you came from the wrong direction.

From the train station Termini it takes 30 minutes of walking to get to the hotel, therefore we took a taxi the first time, to arrive at the hotel. It's 9€ for a cab ride (only 4,5€ if you split the bill with your traveller)

* Please press "Yes" if this review was valuable to you. If you are looking for a good hotel, please visit my profile and read my past and upcoming reviews. Have a nice stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends