Hotel Lancelot
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,935 results
All reviewskhan familysan clementeother guestsfloor terracequiet streetfamily run hotelrick steveswonderful hotelpalatine hillancient romethe hotel staffsmall balconyeach eveningyogurttrip to romefriendly hoteltwo blocks
Brandon, MS
Reviewed November 8, 2004

It was wonderful. A friend and I stayed at the Lancelot Hotel Sept. 30 - Oct. 4, 2004. I know you can not please everyone, but our stay at the hotel certainly pleased us. So many good reviews have been posted that my comments would only echo the good already said. Not only did Mrs. Kahn help us prior to our trip but her care and concern for us during our trip was beyone the call of duty. Thanks to her and her wonderful staff.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Clarkston, MI.
Reviewed October 30, 2004

My friend and I were very pleased with our stay at Hotel Lancelot in Roma. It was very clean, cozy, and comfortable. It was within walking distance to the Colesseum and many wonderful ristorantes.
The service was friendly and efficient. We enjoyed our breakfast each day and although we were busy sight seeing and missed the evening meal, they are provided for those who wish to order them. All in all, it was a wonderful place to stay and I would highly recommend it as reasonably priced but not lacking in amentities.

• Stayed: September 2004
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 29, 2004

My wife and I stayed here while we traveled throughout Europe for our honeymoon. We feel lucky that we were able to book this hotel because we got to see how all the great reviews that we read on Tripadvisor are true. The staff is super friendly and they are so patient with all the questions we asked. The breakfast is free and you sit with others in a dining room. We met so many wonderful people during breakfast talking about culture, literature, our own homeland, etc. The dinner is amazing there. The chef, Ferris, is very talented and very friendly and he even comes to the dining room to chat and eat with the hotel guests. The decor of the hotel is beautiful and it makes the guests feel so warm and welcome. We stayed at 5 hotels throughout our trip in Europe and no other hotel can bring together hotel guests like Hotel Lancelot. The hotel has multiple lounge areas for guests to hang out - and believe us - the lounges were always filled with guests chatting, laughing, sipping wine or tea. We had a couple of glasses of wine with other guests we met over breakfast and it was so much fun. We never mingle with other guests at other hotels but it was so fun to do so at this hotel. You've got to stay there to experience this for yourself. Hotel Lancelot made our trip to Rome so much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2005
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 25, 2004

My friend and I stayed at the Hotel Lancelot at the end of September. It is just down the street from the Colleseium. It is a charming, family run small hotel. It is very clean and the room, although not large, was spacious enough for 2 people. They serve a very nice cold breakfast. We chose to eat dinners elsewhere as dinner is only served at one time and we were not always there to get it. There are many nice and inexpensive trattorias all around the neighborhood. We would certainly go back again.

9  Thank Mindtraveler
Reviewed October 23, 2004

Just like the reviews I had read prior to leaving. I'm so glad I came across tripadvisor. I checked out every hotel that was within my budget on hotels.com and they were all listed as terrible, smelley, too far out, but not this one. This is a quiet gem tucked away, 5 minutes walk from the Colosseum. Mrs Lubna Khan the owner was very friendly and so was her staff. It was very clean and we were lucky enough to get a room with a terrace, I've already told all my friends about it. If you're staying in Rome and you're on a budget, this is it, oh and the shower pressure is absolutely awesome, you get a massage at the same time.

5  Thank renabmw