“First Class Wedding Accommodation and Reception”
Review of Hotel Lancelot

and 1 more site!
Hotel Lancelot
Ranked #36 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Banbridge, United Kingdom
“First Class Wedding Accommodation and Reception”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

On booking our wedding for Rome Dec 2010 a colleague was very quick to recommend Hotel Lancelot for our accomodation and reception, having had his own there. I couldnt recommend this hotel highly enough. From our first email of enquiry right through to checking out the hotel staff were truly magnificent, I have to personally mention Annalisa, who was very friendly, professional, she even booked a hairdresser for the morning of my wedding, by the end of the week spent in Hotel Lancelot Annalisa felt like a friend. No problem was too much for the staff, directions, booking taxis, advise on restaurants changing reservations etc. Our wedding reception was made very special by the hotel staff, food was amazing and the special wee touches to detail made it magicial!! The accomodation was perfect, the rooms were oldy wordly which we loved, exceptionally clean, attended to every day with new towels and bed linen. as soon as one of our guest arrieved at the hotle she said "this is really homely" which I think is a lovely compliment for Hotel Lancelot. I can not stress how much I would recommend Hotel Lancelot, its location beside the Colosseum, the staff, the rooms and general atmosphere are MAGNIFICENT!! it wil always have a special place in my heart having had our wedding reception there. We will definitely be back to visit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Dublin
Reviewed February 22, 2011

What a pleasure to stay here! Wonderful location beside the Colosseum. Excellent range of public transport on hand. Fine range of bedrooms -ours was on the 4th floor and cosy. There are bigger ones at higher prices, but cosy is not a criticism. Do try to avoid the front of the hotel if you prefer not to hear the 5 minute Roman refuse collections at 6am! BUT this hotel is not on a busy road and is otherwise really quiet.
The Khan family and staff are kind, gentle amusing and helpful people -even when they are asked for the '000nth time how to get to the Vatican or wherever. We have rarely encountered such professional yet warm people in any hotel. Breakfast is excellent -as I gather is the dinner. We however ate out nearby at several restaurants well recommended by the Khans. Would we return -of course and now we don't ever have to look for another Rome hotel. For what it is worth, quite by chance the travel correspondent of the Irish Times (one of Ireland's premier newspapers) told me that she always recommends the Lancelot. What more do you need to know!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Gloucester
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Hotel Lancelot I a FAB place to stay! I have stayed in many hotels in Europe (good and bad), but this must be my most favourite.
It's in a great location (walking distance to the Colosseum). Staff are very friendly and helpful, but best of all is the food. Wow! this is what Italy is all about!
Rooms are clean and very comfortable after a day's sightseeing you need a touch of luxury. Lancelot has got it.. There's a grand piano, beautiful flower arranements, which give it that extra ambience of romance.
Prices are good too. I've stayed in more expensive hotels, but this is a much better deal
I've tried to think of any negatives - but can't fault it!
I will certainly be visiting again. Thankyou Hotel Lancelot.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
ireland
Reviewed February 3, 2011

My parents stayed at this hotel about 10 years ago and loved it. We went back in January and stayed there and they loved it all over again. The staff are brilliant - so welcoming and helpful. The rooms are perfectly done - comfortable beds, good showers, tiny TVs, but who goes to Rome to watch TV! The dinner in the evening is nice. The location is perfect - a stones throw from the Colosseum and then walking distance all the way to most of the best sights in Rome. I'd highly recommend this hotel to couples or families.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
united kingsdom
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Arrived 31st December to be warmly welcomed by Mrs Khan and Lubna. Enjoyed an evening reception with champagne, singer and musicians in the salon, followed by a gourmet meal where the entertainment continued until we went on to the terrace to watch fireworks and welcome in 2011. The celebrations continued in the lower salon where we danced the night away.
There is always a member of the family on the premises and many of the staff have been there for many years, and the serviced they provide is second to none. The buffet breakfast is an excellent start to the day. We stayed in for the evening meal eac h night, personally prepared by Faris Khan, the meal includes wines and coffee and I doubt you could get value for money like this anywhere else in Rome. A wonderful holiday break.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I stayed at the Lancelot for six nights with a group of friends. Can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay. The location is excellent for sightseeing. At the end of the street is the Colosseum and the Forum. The Basilica of San Clemente is a block away and one of the most interesting sites in Rome. The staff is friendly, and most helpful with directions, restaurant suggestions and general information. I look forward to someday staying at the hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank suzeq614
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Location, location, location
Getting to the hotel was very easy with the directions I found on their website.
I knew from the site that it was close to the Colosseum , but I didnt realize itd be SO close to it! Staying at the Lancelot made seeing the sights of Rome very easy. It is so centrally located that I coul easily go back to the hotel, rest up and have a macchiato (which they make perfectly!) at the bar and head out for another adventure.
The rooms are perfect and each one is unique ( I peaked my head into a few!) It gives the hotel a real authentic feel and a lot of character. The street is quiet at night making it easy to get a good nights sleep.

First of all - I have never felt such a personal touch in a city hotel. The staff was very personable and helpful. They really know Rome and essentially helped me plan my trip day by day!
The round table dinners in the evening are quite a treat & the food was delicious.

I feel as though I really fell in love with Rome because of this Hotel. I willdefinitely visit Rome again I will be staying at the Hotel Lancelot without a doubt!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple