“Great stay and centrally located”
Review of Hotel Locarno Rome

Hotel Locarno Rome
Ranked #602 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Great location, just behind plaza del Popolo. It was recommended by a friend and I certainly would have not found it by myself.
The hotel is a bit decadent but a beautiful and very charming, the room we stayed in was really spacious! We loved the beer garden or should I say the wine garden :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank josh m
There are newer reviews for Hotel Locarno Rome

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed in this hotel in 2011 and was affraid of the outcome due to the mised reviews, it cost €20 Euros from the airport( Rome Ciampino) to this hotel, when we arrived hotel staff were very friendly, they brought our luggage to our room, the rooms were i thought lovely, very old fashioned but very clean, we were only around the cornor from peoples sq., we were also only 10mins walk to st peters sq., at night everyone congragated in the beer garden area which had big sofas, it was cosy. I found mainly italian here, good choice of wine. The breakfast was buffet and basic, overall good hotel and I would definitly say again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KellzM321
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I loved this place. Though I have no other hotel in Rome to compare it to, I would stay again. I chose it based on location (near Plaza Popolo and transit) and price. I looked at photos of this hotel and comparable ones. I noticed many had this modern cheesy style in the photos that felt like Las Vegas' version of Rome. I chose this place because the photos looked like it was old fashioned. It was perfect if that is the aesthetic you are looking for. If some disrepair bothers you, the basin in our bathroom was cracked. That did not bother us and we were very happy coming back here every night. The elevator was old fashioned and had a glass gold door. I was pleased with the breakfast buffet. It has ricotta and ham and baby croissants and something similar to Spanish tortilla. Also prosecco. And they'll make you a latte.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Albergo R, Direttore at Hotel Locarno Rome, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having shared your opinion regarding your last stay with us at Hotel Locarno!
We really appreciate your comments and very glad to hear that you’ve liked the style and the Belle Epoque atmosphere at the hotel, rest assured the undergoing restoration will enhance this flair! I hope to meet you personally during your next visit in Rome.

Best regards,

Claudia Giuliani

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed as a couple for 5 nights over New Years ....we had previously stayed here a couple of years back which we thought was great but still Shabby Chic.....unfortunately the hotel has lost its Chic......I am aware that the hotel will be undergoing renovations in he coming year but the paying customer still should have 4 star rooms ...of which we paid for a Superior Room ......not sure this as the case as it was small, dark and in disrepair ......there was a shower in the bath and when the shower was turned on.....the taps came on!.....one of the lights was hanging off the wall......the people in the room above marched around the wooden floors like a herd of buffalo....e complained but no action was taken and some nights 2- in the morning .....the hotel is really noisy .....doors slamming and the main road at the back never stopped until late morning......I paid quite a lot of money for the 5 nights totally 1100euro certainly not value for money at all ......itll be the Nazionale again for us next time

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend at all
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr & Mrs Mc Grath,
I agree with you that Piazza del Popolo is not really the most quiet place to come over New Year’s Eve – concerts were taking place till late at night but this is the best part of Xmas holidays for travelers, we believe!
The room you’ve booked and you’ve stayed in, is a Double Superior Room of about 30sqm overlooking to the main road behind the famous Piazza and surely not renovated as the renovation is at this stage only involving the dependance. With regards to the noisy people above, the night porter have confirmed me that he called them many times to make them a little quieter but in that particular night was not easy to let them understand they were maybe too loud, we are truly sorry about this inconvenience.
I hope to see you soon back to Rome and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay with us, it will be my pleasure to help you in choosing the accommodation that would be most comfortable for you
Claudia Giuliani

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here after landing at 11:30 on a Thursday night. We emailed the hotel and they arranged a car to collect us from the airport. It was a lovely start to our break to be met by the hotel driver and led to a black Mercedes. This cost us 50 euro but worth the money for the luxury. On arrival we were told we were booked into the annex over the road from the hotel. We checked in then went to our room. This was on the third flor and decorated in black and white. Very clean and bed comfortable but as we had been travelling from the UK we crashed out. No noise and up early the next morning, showered and went back over the road to the main hotel for breakfast. Lovely buffet style breakfast with a good selection of Danishes, meats, yogurts, fruit and cereal and very Art Deco with a wood burning open fire. We saw they had a court yard and had it been warmer it would have been lovely to have breakfast there. Swift check out and on our way to our next hotel. Would stay there again and highly recommend the annex to stay in.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful property to stay at...very old world charm...very clean and well presented....great breakfasts and a fantastic little garden terrace to enjoy coffee or a drink...would certainly go back...

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights here. My bag didn't arrive (ah Air Berlin); the folks at the front desk were immediately helpful and stayed on the hunt with the airline (important, as the problem lay with the Germans and NOT the Italians) until my bag arrived two days later. From arranging for a taxi to pick us up at the airport to a lovely reception, we were very well-treated. Our room faced the somewhat noisy street side, but was nevertheless comfortable, clean and spacious. One could wish for a softer bed, down pillows and more electrical outlets in the bathroom, but we managed just fine. The restaurant suggestion was excellent and the breakfast room beautiful and the buffet ample. The lounge doubles as a very successful bar -- great nosh and a truly fine bartender. Good experience and definitely recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013