“Food okay, avoid the wine”

Ristorante Pizzeria i Fratelli
Ranked #379 of 12,134 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Pordenone, Italy
“Food okay, avoid the wine”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I went here with my brother last month, and the food was decent. The wine (last white wine bottle on the list, on the menu) was very bad. When eating in Italian restaurants, a general rule of thumb is stick with the house wine--it is good and cheap. I was a little bit leery when the waiter/owner said there was 'no house wine' here, and he highly recommended a bottle of wine--it tasted like dirty socks mixed with franzia box wine--I pulled aside another one of the wait staff and asked him about the wine, and he said "no comment" with a sheepish grin. An Australian couple sitting next to us offered a little bit of their wine (different white wine) and it also was really bad.

As for the food, it wasn't bad--on the salty side, but edible. When asked by the other co-owner (one of the brothers) how my meal was I complained about the wine and he acted all surprised (as if he never tried that wine, and as he actually drank that wine). I would classify this restaurant as a tourist destination. Around the corner I saw a nice local pizza joint with all locals. I would not return to this restaurant. There are definitely better places around.

• Visited August 2012

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just another resturant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

After reading the reviews my husband decided to try the resturant out since it was close to our hotel. Service was great until our first meal arrived. We ordered our meals according to the English menu and got a salvo provola pizza to share which is a half margarita and have Italian cheese pizza. Then my husband ordered gnocchi with lobster and I got a pasta with mushrooms. Firstly My coke was delivered but not my husbands, we had to ask for it again which was fine. The pizza came out with half margarita and half something else with ham, after telling the waiter that's not what we ordered he stated we order incorrectly and shoved the pizza In our face to still eat. It wouldn't have been an issue if I ate ham but the fact is we were served something we didnt order and were given the option to send it back! This wrecked my mood instantly. Our main meals were fine, nothing ill rate high though. Meals were pretty average. After asking for the bill I decided to check the menu again just to make sure we ordered the wrong pizza or of it was the waiters error, turns out we were right and I showed the waiter the menu. He returned with apologies and stated the chef follows the Italian menu which has ham on it and apologies for the error on the English menu. He did offer us coffee etc but we didnt take it. After checking the bill we were charged for 4 coca cola's, we went to the check out and pointed out the error and also ensured they were aware we weren't happy about being charged full price for a pizza we didn't order. The guy stated it was on the Italian menu and apologies as no one has picked this error up for the 2 years they have been operating. Even though we ordered according to an English menu we left ripped off, reviews have over rated this place, meals are average. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone if your after decent food.

Halstead, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We appear to have had a stroke of luck choosing an apartment in the San Lorenzo area of Rome. We are just a short walk from this restaurant. Everything we ordered came quickly and was absolutely delicious. The staff were very friendly and attentive - it won't be our last visit before we go home!

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

One of the best places we attended during our vacation in Italy! All staff is very kind and speaking English very well!

Dublin, Ireland
“It was a great find, until we were asked to leave before finishing our drinks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend were having a nice walk in the San Lorenzo area. We were looking into a light dinner and we came up to this restaurant. Prices were great, and they also offered free Wifi. Sounded great. We ordered a Margherita and 2 cokes. The pizza was really good! This evening could have ended great if it weren't for the horrible treatment we received after. Like in many stories I only heard about busy restaurants, they handed us the bill, and asked us to evacuate the table. We didn't finish our drinks, and felt humiliated, when the waiter asked us to move to another table. We were feeling very uncomfortable, so we left. We barely sat there 30 minutes.

3 Thank Jonathan F