“fabio!!!”
Review of Vizi Capitali

Vizi Capitali
Reserve with
Vizi Capitali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #860 of 12,524 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
San Francisco, California
“fabio!!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant our first night in Rome as we were strolling around the Trastevere. We had been looking for a place recommended by a guidebook so this was a good lesson in having your senses pick the restaurant rather than Rick Steves (who I adore so no offense). Fabio greeted us and told me that we should relax and act as if it was our home, he was immediately welcoming. We had wonderful antipasti that he recommended (so much food!) so that we could sample more of the restaurant's offerings. We had the house wine which was local and a great value (living close to Napa we do appreciate a good wine). We also ordered pasta dishes as well a seafood risotto. The risotto takes a long time to prepare and as it was cooked to order Fabio offered us additional food to apologize for the fact that it was taking so long. When it was finally ready he brought tastes of it for everyone at the table to again apologize for the delay. It was so worth the wait! Delicious! Additionally one of our party ordered sole and he told us that they didn't have it because they only had what was fresh that day from the boat so he suggested scampi instead which were absolutely beautiful. To wrap up the meal he gave us homemade biscotti, an amaro and chocolates. Truly a wonderful experience! (Side note to American travelers; be patient, the food takes a little while longer to come out than we are used to but it is well worth the wait also Fabio took a little while with the check too because he wanted us to savor the free bottle of amaro and cookies :) Thank you Fabio!

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best dining experience I have ever had.”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This place is amazing. Its atmosphere is warm and you're treated like family. The food is amazing. We liked it so much that we broke my traveling rule and ate at the same place twice in our 5 night stay in Rome. You will be treated to fresh ingredients prepared perfectly. Do yourself a favor and get the tiramisu. Its amazing.
I can't say enough good things about this place.

1 Thank Creech927
Fukui, Japan
“Sublime and Flawless--Like Eating the Food of Gods!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My hotel staff recommended this restaurant, so I decided to give it a try. It's located on an out-of-the-way small street in Trastevere, which is misleading. The moment I entered the restaurant I immediately understood its English name (Capital Sins!). The decor and set-up is divine, although each of the capital sins was represented by a female figure on the walls. That was the only poor taste. Where to begin? The service was impeccable--friendly, not pushy, solicitous, and caring. The menu (mostly fish) was extensive. Upon the server's recommendation, I had an assorted appetizer, which consisted of 5 plates (!) and 7 varieties of fish (!). I didn't know where I would put the primi patti and decided against a secondi. I opted for the vongole bianco, which was among the best I've eaten anywhere. The wine served with the meal was perfect. Franceso, the server, had everything under a calm control and I felt as if I had dined with the gods. I went back the very next night to try the lobster with linguine, which was truly divine. I cannot say enough about this restaurant whose owner--a renowned chef of many years--I met the second night. Whenever I return to Rome, I will always head for I Vizi Capitali in Trastevere, no question. If you want to experience Italian gourmet seafood at its best, do not miss the opportunity to dine here. I guarantee you will not regret it. Ask for a grappa at the end of the meal. Great finish to an unforgettable meal and experience.

• Visited November 2012
Espoo, Finland
“Vizi Capitali, great food, great athmosphere”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I warmly recommend Vizi Capitali for great and fresh food, it is excellent. There is a unique style to the faboulous chef, who obviously loves both great food and having guests to eat it. He is nice and will pay your table a visit! When you eat in Rome, you need to know where to go. And this is certainly worth a visit. A atmosphere is warm and wellcoming - also chic. So not too stuffy, as it can happen in cosy Trastevere. I did get a peak in to the kitchen while walking past and it looked clean, big, organised. I feel good eating in a place like that!

• Visited October 2012
beaugency
“Exquisite cuisine!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I were were looking for a good fish restaurant in the Trastevere neighborhood and were advised to try the Vizi Capitali restaurant.

Both of our fish dishes were excellent and the pumpkin soup which came as a starter, was perfectly wonderful. We didn't have a desert but expect that it would have been as good.

The prices were moderate (averaging about 18 - 22 Euros for the main course) for this level of cuisine.

Strangely, the night we ate there there were no other customers. It may because we ate early and departed a little before 9:00 PM (and their normal clientale arrive later?) Or it was just one of those slow nights. It is located a bit outside the much busier Piazza Santa Maria area, so less likely to pick up tourists in the slower season.

The service was friendly and helpful.

Visited November 2012

Been to Vizi Capitali? Share your experiences!