“Real Rome”

Ranked #517 of 12,448 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: There are a number of posts (in the forum or review of location) that mention this trattoria in Rome, but no actual review of it or a listing of it under restaurants in Rome. We just ate there and thought it was fabulous. We would like an opportunity to review it on TA.
London, United Kingdom
“Real Rome”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is a wonderful place to eat when in Rome. You know a place is good when Romans queue to get a table. It is always packed for lunch and dinner. Fabulous, simple, honest food. e go to Rome often, and always go to this place at least once! We have also been there with our children when they were younger, and always found something on the menu that they enjoyed.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Clare G

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
“My favourite in Rome - Good & honest food!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Me and my partner have been to this eatery a few times and always been very happy with our food. This place serves down to earth, real, authentic and honest food and they don´t seem to take any short cuts. Be prepared to stand in a line for a table but it will be worth the wait. Prices are very fair for what you get.

Of all the places I´ve been to in Rome, this is the one I recommend to my friends.

• Visited January 2012
Washington, DC
“Crowded in with real Romans”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had an excellent lunch at Da Tonino on a recent rainy weekday, and the place was packed with hungry, noisy locals (we didn't notice any other tourists at all). Fabulous pasta alla Carbonara and that wonderful crusty Roman bread made a perfect meal. We will definitely put them on our list to visit again on our next trip. Note: they don't accept credit cards.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank thosetwo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Real Food in Rome”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I am something of a foodie -- I only use real San Marzano tomatoes when I make Sunday Sauce, grate my own Parmesan and so on. This little spot has such great food I and my son, rather than explore, ate their four times during a six night stay in Rome. Incredible meatballs, perfectly prepared pasta, simple and spectacular desserts. After eating you walk down the street, first for gelato, then to another stop for espresso, then go to watch football - excuse me, soccer - at the Irish pub.

• Visited February 2012
New York
“Not a tourist spot...”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

No big sign, nothing fancy just a few tables & good food! I had pasta with eggplant & a side if meatballs it was like I was eating at a relative's! Very good food & very reasonably priced I believe I spent 20€ for the 2 dishes including wine. Will return again my next time in Rome!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank nyc1acc

Been to Da Tonino? Share your experiences!