“Good value”

Neighborhood: Esquilino
Penrith, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Simple plain food, but well cooked and very cheap. The pasta was cooked well and the roast chicken was really succulent.

Visited September 2012

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Affordable family food.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I've been to Santi many times over the last few years. Though Mr. Santi isn't in the kitchen full-time these days, you can still expect to see him and his lovely wife working the dining room. The restaurant is bright and clean and is open for lunch and dinner, except Sundays. I go for dinner whenever I'm near the Termini. It is not the most sophisticated Italian food in Rome, but is consistently good at extremely reasonable prices. I haven't seen the prices change in four years. At some point in the last few years it ended up being recommended in a guide book and the cooking has suffered a bit, because of trying to accomodate the tastes of too many tourists who don't really understand the food. Still, I've never had a bad meal here. Delicious olive and cheese plates, fresh salads, classic pastas and many comfort-food, meat and potato dishes. Add a delicous bottle of their house wine and you can't go wrong. Thanks Santi! Can't wait to see you again.

Visited January 2012
Malta
“A great surprise!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to that restaurant without knowing that was extremely good although the portions were not so big they can be quite filling. I loved the fact that Mr. Santi was serving tables with such a good mood as well as his family! I went with my Italian friend and she almost cried because it reminded her grand mother cusine who was Italiana. Also I had worked in an Italian restaurant for over 3 years so I know when it is good or not. The train might be scary but for us was not a big deal. The food was amazing at Santi along with typical Roman table wine! This must be a must if you visit Rome.

• Visited September 2012
“Great food, great price”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I had lunch with my girlfriend and for 10 euros we had a first course, a second course, a salad and a dessert. The food was very tasty and the staff was very nice with us, although they only speak Italian. I would recommend it to everyone.

1 Thank JayJojo
Deventer, Overijssel, Netherlands
“Splendid trattoria”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have been eating at Santi's for more as twenty years. The old mr. Santi, his wife and his friendly daughters serve the most delicious Roman/Italian meals in a typical small Roman trattoria. Every year I look forward to visit them and eat there.

• Visited September 2011