“You feel like at home. What is better?”
Review of Ristorante Santi

Ristorante Santi
Ranked #1,707 of 12,764 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Mr. Santi, his wife and daughters are ahead of the friendly and cozy restaurant. DELICIOUS begin with the bruschetta and then, whatever you choose will be a good choice.
When in Rome, I always return several times during my stay, specially for dinner.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

They were friendly.
It is next to railway station.
The food is good.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

The food was excellent and cheap, the house wine at 8 Euros was good value for money, but the service was terrible.

It is a small place, with only ten tables and three members of staff, and yet we often had to ask twice for things and getting the bill was a nightmare! Only go if you have plenty of time.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Sorry to see some negative reviews of this restaurant. The 10 euro menu is very reasonable - there is nothing like it in that area of Rome that we found, apart from some Chinese restaurants. Generally we were spending more like 100 euros a meal elsewhere. The elderly couple who run it are charming and were happy to help us celebrate one of the kid's birthdays with a cake and candles; we went twice during our week. They speak little English so try some Italian! The food is simple but tasty. If you want a fancy gourmet experience, don't expect a 10 euro menu that includes a 3 courses.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Hey, in the end McDonald's menus may cost up to 7.90 euros, so for 10 euros all included this place can be a better choice. I've been here with friends from abroad who had to leave on train just after the dinner. What can I say? It's not a "restaurant" you'd go on purpose, it's more like a cantine, a place where you can eat simple dishes paying only 10 euros for the dinner. A place to go if you are around and have to eat. The Amatriciana was quite good, home-style, with not very much bacon. The carbonara was worse, with also cream (I like it with eggs only). The Cotoletta alla Milanese was very simple, with only 5 rosted potatos beside. For the cakes we asked for "panna cotta", and the lady brought us a cheesecake, without saying a word to explain (I read that others noticed the same thing). This I don't understand, as I'm Italian and I know the difference between the 2 cakes. However, my foreign friends were very satisfied, and this explains the excellent reviews from foreign tourists. In the end the pasta was similar to what I can prepare myself at home knowing a couple of tricks. Which means that it's good, but not at the restaurant level, at least for what we are used to here.

2  Thank Simone-77-MI