“The Number One in Rome B&B”

Aurelio Aquilone B&B
Ranked #61 of 3,645 Rome B&B and Inns
Sao Paulo
“The Number One in Rome B&B”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed for five nights at Aquilone and we loved it. Francesca the owner makes everything easier for you. The location is near from everything, and is 2 minutes walking to the metro. Pharmacy, Super Market, execellent no tourist cheap restaurants, like Joseph.
The outside place is great for a glass of wine, and the view is pleasent.
The B&B is close to the Vatican, two line from the metro.
Execellent breakfast, and room is very clean and confortable. We stayed at tha master suite, with little charmig terrace, at the barhroom a good bath to relax after a long day tourism.
Francesca congratulations!!!!! We loved it, we're gonne come back for sure.
You are best Roman host in Italy! Many kisses for you

Room Tip: The suite master is very excellent!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlexandreAbdo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at Aurelio Aquilone with my Mother and Sister in April 2013. We had the two rooms with the shared bathroom. Francesca is a wonderful hostess and very helpful and friendly. She gave us some good restaurant recommendations and was happy to book reservations for us when needed.

With regards to the physical aspects, the rooms are warm and inviting and the beds are comfortable. The water pressure is good in the shower and the rooms and bathroom are cleaned daily (and very well!).

Another reviewer commented on the distance from the city centre. I suppose this could be an issue if you want to go back to your room many times during the day, but if you are happy to head out in the morning and spend the full day downtown, it is really not a problem. The metro and bus are very close, frequent and easy to use. It is worth the trade off to be in a safe, quiet neighbourhood with a caring and friendly hostess (at a very reasonable price!).

If I return to Rome I would definitely stay with Francesca again, but I would try to reserve the room with the private bathroom - just my personal preference.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dee_247
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed with my husband and two teenage boys in this B&B. It was a first time B&B experience for us. The rooms were very spacious and well decorated and thoughtfully done, I really appreciated the Rick Steves guide in the room which we carried everywhere with us. Fransesca is a lovely hostess and welcomed us and made us feel at home. She arranged for a taxi to pick us from the airport and to drop us too at the early morning. Breakfast provided was very adequate and catered well to our vegetarian needs. The metro is just a few minutes away and tickets are easily available at the tobacco shop near the apartment. Vatican is just two stations away and the city centre is easily reachable with a change at Termini. Fransesca also gave us good shopping tips. Pizza is available near the apartment and there are grocery stores and even a Carrefour Express. I will definitely stay there again. Thanks Fransesca!

Room Tip: Do take the big room with the bathtub, where 3 adults can sleep easily. Only use of bathtub is extr...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RenukaV
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Francesca – thank you soo much!
I've just returned from a 5 day trip to Rome and I already miss the hostess and her beautiful, lovely B&B that I highly recommend.
This place is beautifully and tastefully decorated with so much love for details. The location is also fantastic - only two walking distance to the metro station.
I had just a wonderful stay and hope to be back soon!
Nessie

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Nessie A
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We are a party of 2A and 2C. Francesca was very nice host. My wife and children like the homely experience. We enjoyed our breakfast continental style, it was sumptuous. We actually got some extras to add to it, as we had leftovers from our own food. Francesca commented if we like salty" food, we could have checked with her. But for us, actually what she provided for us is what we are happy with.

There are metros nearby so that could be used.

I think Francesca as the host made a difference.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SGSG112
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wonderful experience with Francesca and her B&B started with a reference from a friend. After my initial pleasant stay I returned four more times with others and alone. I enjoyed taking an easy metro ride and getting away from the congested tourist areas of Rome to this B&B that is located in a quiet neighborhood. The rooms are very nice, airy, quiet, with wifi, snacks and tea available and a healthy breakfast of granola, yogurt, homemade breads, coffee, tea. Francesca was gracious, friendly and interested in making my stay a great experience. Treat yourself with a stay at the Aurelio Aquilone B&B.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Tom B
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed November 15, 2012

What more to say? I think everything has been said about this real gem in Rome. And it's true.
We booked the room via e-mail, everything went fast and smooth. Francesca helped us getting into town from the airport. In truth, Francesca helped us with everything that we asked, or helped us before we could ask. That's the unmistakable uniqueness about this B&B.
The room is clean, quiet, the bathroom is comfy. The neighborhood is good. It's like you're arriving in Rome to a friend's apartment. Breakfast is italian, with a delicious home-made cake.
All in all: when you're in Rome, you must definitely stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple