“Don't go-- rip off in Roma” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Domus Aurora Roma

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Domus Aurora Roma
Ranked #3,252 of 3,736 Rome B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Don't go-- rip off in Roma”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

This place was a rip off. The owner was rude. And it smelled like the toilet every time you came in. The fix is to spray air freshener like crazy. When I told her my key wasn't working on the front door she told me to buzz other hotels in the same building to let me in. (there are many hotels in the same building)

I had a problem with my air conditioning also.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the train station-- go outside the area and just ride the metro. Trust me it...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JRDNCR
Aura A, Direttore at Domus Aurora Roma, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
First of all, we would like you to know that we do all to make your stay comfortable with us.
even if you did not make a booking,we give you the room,and instead of a single room, I have offered you a room with a double bed, bathroom with shower Jacuzzi, new furniture, freshly renovated room at the same price, and besides these the most important is that we have let you park your bike in the room,even if the room was new...only to make your stay comfortable...
.I dont know wich hotel/b&b let you make this...
I do not understand why such comments. Usually you do not need the keys to the main gate, it will always remain open.Regarding the smell in the bathroom, I think that is your problem, other customers do not complain of this , the toilet smell maybe because maybe you use it before ... What surprised me most is that you were not satisfied with our services and I've personally communicated to look for a different hotel if you are not satisfied, but you choose to stay with us another night extra you have booked...no coment.
To avoid any inconvenience we want to invite every guest to discuss any possible suggestion during their stay before leaving to find a quick solution.
Yours sincerely,
Aurora

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

After making the booking I noticed that it was necessary to e-mail the hotel and let them know when you are arriving - it is not staffed! I did this and got an acknowledgement. We arrived from Rome airport and there was no-one there. After waiting about half an hour I phoned them and they claimed I was late and no-one was available. I had a copy of the e-mail with me and they were, quite clearly, wrong. I didn't get an apology until the 3rd call to them and then we still had to go and find another hotel. Luckily there are plenty around there so you can take your choice when booking.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tonyfirmin
Aura A, Direttore at Domus Aurora Roma, responded to this review, December 16, 2014
Thank you for taking some time to write a comment about your recent stay at our hotel.
I am sorry and apologize if we did not meet your expectations.
I wonder if you expressed your discontent about the room to our reception staff in order to give us the chance to change your accommodation.
We are always at our customers' disposal for every need they might have.
I sincerely hope you will come to stay with us again, we'd love to show you the care and attention we dedicate to our guests.
Best regards.

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Scruffy rooms and a bad smell when the shower was used. Small rooms but the hotel is well located. Clean bedding and towels.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

Rooms bear no relation to photos they provide. Ours was particularly bad but we saw a supposed double and it was skanky, nothing like their published photos.

We ordered a double room one month before our trip and specified clearly that we wanted a double bed on the requirements box of the booking form and to tell us if that would be a problem. We also emailed them about the requirements. We tried to phone twice on the day we ordered but they didn't answer.

When we arrived they took us to a different building to the one advertised in a pretty dodgy street. The room was tiny and they had given us bunk beds with the assembly instructions still hanging off. There was a sink in the room but it wasn't plumbed in. The other rooms had title plaques ours said "PRIVATE" (in Italian, I forget the exact spelling) and looked like it was meant to be a staff room. The shower had the aircon outlet hanging above it.

They gave us a load of excuses about how busy everything was because there was a Lady Gaga concert that weekend but failed to explain how this should affect our one month old booking.

We stayed one night as it was very late and I did a load of Googling and found a studio apartment we could rent for two nights for 80 euros which was basic but streets ahead of this hole. They were romerenting dot com, found them via the traveldk website's top ten residences and apartments list.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sligit
Hamilton, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

When we arrived we were told off by the staff member who let us in as we were 'late' and he had apparently been waiting for us all day despite the fact that my fiance had completed the section on the bookings.com website saying what time we would arrive (and according to that we were on time). He showed us to our room then asked us if we had any questions because he was going to leave. That was the last we saw of him for our 3 night stay!!
Once he had left (the room, and the hotel) I went to put my toileteries in the bathroom and it smelt so bad! I think maybe there was something wrong with the plumbing because the smell seemed to come from the sink. Despite having the door and nearby window open throughout our stay the smell didn't get any better. It made me gag everytime I went in! However, we were unable to inform the staff because we didn't see them!!
The bed was a small double and unfortunately the feather duvet was getting a bit old so the feathers were sticking through which made it very scratchy.
The positives - the location was close to the termini station and therefore close to the metro and the room was a good size.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple