“Great food for good prices!”

Baccanale Trastevere
Reserve with
Baccanale Trastevere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,413 of 13,067 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

You can sit here and feel pampered by the Patacchiola family! Such good food, the spicy plates are a MUST. The prosecco is perfect to have a good time. Just take the tram #8 at Torre Argentina bus stop and take off at Belli. Now walk trough Trastevere narrow streets and enjoy at via Lungaretta #81.

The cocktails are great, try one.

Only one thing: Avoid! If you're on diet, though the salads are also good.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We picked this place on our last day in rome. It's in the Trastevere quarter, with lovely atmosphere. There are fantastic food and beverage prices. I would recommend to have a drink or a rest here 15€/1ltr Spritz Aperol. The sevice is superb. There are available cheap menus too. The pizza is not the best I have ever eaten, but there were worse picks in Rome.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

It was a cozy place with very friendly people. Had the 12 euro menu and everything was great. Great price by Rome standard. Comes with appetizer, drink and main course. You will pay more for just the main course in other places.will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to the location in Campo dei Fiori for a late, light lunch and prosecco. Nice time and good food. We had caprese salad and a gorgonzola/pear salad with walnuts and honey. Both were very good. Staff was nice, nothing not to like....nice spot over looking the market.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

My sister and I happened upon Baccanale Trastevere while looking for a restaurant that did not expect you to get a first and second plate (who can eat that much???), and we saw how crowded it was and how good the food looked. Lots of people were just enjoying drinks there, and others were eating. We decided to try it and we were not disappointed.

We liked it so much, we came back again during our visit.

There are a few tables outside, a counter by the bar, and then some nice tables in the back.

Both times, we had the set price menu, which included your drink (water, soda, or wine), a bruschetta appetizer and either pizza or pasta. The first time, I had a pizza with artichokes, the second time, I added 2 E and had the eggplant. My sister first had a pizza margherita and the second time had the spinach ravioli.

Both times, our food was absolutely delicious (best bruschetta I have ever tasted, by the way) and our service was extremely nice and efficient. The second time we were there, we ordered American coffee and Nonna's cake for dessert. The cake was delicious!

I personally was taken aback by how some restaurants would hit you with a "coperta" (cover charge) if you didn't order the appetizer, first, and second plates. Give me a break! We tried to avoid tourist traps, but truthfully, you just don't know what kind of weird charge you will be hit with in some places. This was NOT the case with Baccanale--good food, good prices, good service, no ridiculous hidden charges! The regular menu also had good choices and good prices, but we went with the 10 euro/12 euro set menu. The portions were very good, not small at all.

It is hard to find a sit-down place where you can order a smaller amount of food. The size of one personal pizza at Baccanale is more than enough for someone of my size, and it would be impossible for me to eat multiple plates of food.

I highly recommend Baccanale for being tourist-friendly without being a tourist trap!!