“Good location but nothing more!”
Review of Class House

Class House
Ranked #590 of 3,691 Rome B&B and Inns
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Good location but nothing more!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location,friendly staff,clean rooms.But the room was extremely small!And it was their superior room!!!The beds were the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel!I am sure that a man can not sleep in those beds!For sure!The key-cards that opens the rooms makes some annoying and loud noise,that's heard in the hole hotel(as all the rooms are in the same floor)and you can hear every door that opens,no matter how far your room is!
Very small breakfast area-only 4 tables!

• Stayed February 2014
classRoma, Ferdinando Orecchio Responsabile Hotel del Corso & Class House at Class House, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Mme Anastasia,

Thank You so much for choosing our CLASS HOUSE to spend Your holidays in Rome.
I don't know sincerely because You're saying that You had a superior room when really You had a resrevation for a SMALL DOUBLE ROOM.
The small double room madame is smaller than a standard double or a superior and in the description is written everything about the sizes and services.
Thank You for the good words spent for our staff Madame.
For the next time I suggest you call us directly so that we can plan in the best way your stay.

best regards

Ferdinando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at various hotels in Rome. The room at this hotel was much better than previous hotels. The room was clean and modern. The bed was very comfortable. The room was a little small but we were just there for one night before going on our cruise. The free breakfast was good. I would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jbird267
classRoma, Ferdinando Orecchio Responsabile Hotel del Corso & Class House at Class House, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our CLASS HOUSE to spend Your time in Rome with us.
I am very happy to know that everything was good about Your stay. Your choice was for 1 SMALL DOUBLE ROOM and to spend just one night is the best solution.
For Your next time i suggest You to choice or a STANDARD DOUBLE ROOM or a SUPERIOR ROOM if You want test the real roman comfort.
Thank You for the wonderful words spent for our staff.
MANY THANKS FOR ALL.

Best regards

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel! ! I stopped many times in this hotel. Very clear, comfortably, beautifully. Settles down in the center. In this hotel I like all! When I will be in Rome, I will be stop only in Class House. Good price. This hotel has all qualities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Julia K
classRoma, Ferdinando Orecchio Responsabile Hotel del Corso & Class House at Class House, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Miss julia,

thank You so much for choosing our CLASS HOUSE to spend Your holidays in rome with us.
It's wonderful start the dayreading this beautiful words for our hotel and for our staff.
I'm glad that our CLASS HOUSE has become your point of reference for future stays in rome. I thank you for everything and hope to see you as soon as possible.
THANK YOU FOR ALL.

BEST REGARDS.

San Diego, California
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Thank god we read the previous reviewers who mentioned you have to check in at hotel del corso down the road because class house is literally no where to be seen unless you are shown. When we checked in, the staff was friendly. Told us about the area and where some good spots for dinner and sightseeing. Then the bellboy helped with our bags and we headed to class house which is about 2 minutes away.

The hotel is situated on one of the busiest shopping areas in Rome. And within 5 minutes of Spanish steps and trevi fountain. Can't complain about the location. It took us 25 minutes to walk to the Vatican and about the same to the colosseum. We didn't mind the walk.

Breakfast is served in the common area, typical European breakfast. Nothing special but it's included and we didn't mind since we rather eat better stuff for lunch and dinner.

The room is nice, modern...if you want that old world charm this isn't the place. This is more of a ikea modern style hotel. Not much for closest or storing clothing. Shower was nice and housekeeping was good.

Now for the bad, the noises! We read that you can hear your neighbors but we thought how bad can it be. Um, sometimes it literally felt like they are inside your room. If you are near the breakfast room I feel bad for you cause you can hear a mouse squeak through the tissue paper walls. Imagine all the chatter and preparation at 645am! No thank you.

The beds are uncomfortable, hard and You get one pillow each and it's about as flat as a pancake. I woke up with a stiff neck the first night. Hook up some cushion!

The internet is super spotty. Maybe because there is no password protection and people close by can steal it? Either way I had to figure out yoga positions to get the internet to work.

The phone...I wanted to make a few local calls and when I asked reception how, they said press 0 and dial. I did about 100x and nothing happened. They insisted I was dialing wrong and when I asked for help, I was told "when I can get someone there, I will"... It took over 2 hours.

Another negative is that because the check in and front desk is at the other hotel, you are isolated and instead of running downstairs to ask for something, we had to call or wait until someone could come over ..

Hotel isn't bad, and it will serve the purpose of what you want, but it's not anything specatulor.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
classRoma, Ferdinando Orecchio Responsabile Hotel del Corso & Class House at Class House, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear guests,

thank You so much for choosing our CLASS HOUSE to spend Your holidays in rome.
I happy to know You enjoyed our location and the help of our staff.
honestly when you talk about furniture ikea I can not understand the meaning, if you wanted to make people laugh or make nice. Our rooms have been decorated by high quality materials with modern style as well is visible in the pictures. the CLASS HOUSE was an addition to our HOTEL DEL CORSO giving to our customers the opportunity to choose between the classic and the modern style.if you are looking for a hotel with classic style you could see our HOTEL DEL CORSO.I was very sorry to be compared to a hotel ikea seen the love and careful research to find furniture and materials. Check in is very well written in the confirmation that takes place at our HOTEL DLE CORSO. in the Via del Corso 79. the HOTEL DEL CORSO has always been a porter for our CLASS HOUSE for any problems. About the problem of the internet connection for a few days there was a big problem in most of the city and it is for this reason that every time the connection was less rapid.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hello Rome lovers! Finally I have found a great hotel in Rome. I have been to Rome many times on business, so not short of money to spend on accommodation, and I can assure you that hotels in Rome are extremely expensive and badly maintaned, old mattresses and decor of the last century. Class House is newly refurbished, clean, with a modern yet simple decor, in the centre of town, walking distance to all sites you may wish to visit. Breakfast is ok, not a cooked breakfast like many foreigners are used to, but good quality products, and the cappucino was very good (always had two!). Only negative point is that you may hear the neighbours, and the neighbours may hear you. I would suggest to improve noise insulation. Otherwise everything was perfect, including a comfortable new mattress to restore my back after the long walks.. Well done and thank you for your pleasant and friendly assistance.

Room Tip: Not close to breakfast room as coffee machine makes a bit of noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
classRoma, Ferdinando Orecchio Responsabile Hotel del Corso & Class House at Class House, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You so much for choosing our CLASS HOUSE to spend Your days in Rome.
I am really happy to know that everything was perfect about Your stay and You enjoyed our wonderful rooms.
Also the location is one of the best to visit Rome,in front of the basilique of S.Carlo close to everything,restaurants , monuments and shops.
I hope to see You soon.
THANKS FOR ALL.

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 days and were very satisfied!

The rooms are modern and clean, very nice design. The bathroom was also nice!
However, the bed is a bit hard and you can hear everything the neighbous are doing. It didn't bother us that much, because thankfully our neighbours were quiet.

The location is perfect, and is in my opinion the best thing about the hotel! Walking distance to everyting, including the Colosseum and the Vatican.

The breakfast is ok, very typical italian with many different types of coffe and a lot of pasteries, but if you want something else than sugar and coffeine, it's a bit boring.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank You so much for choosing our new CLASS HOUSE DELUXE to spend You holidays in Rome.
you were very lucky to stay in one of the new rooms of the CLASS HOUSE DELUXE due the strong demand.
The location is one of the best to visit Rome close to everything.
I really hope to see You very soon.
THANK YOU FOR ALL.

Best regards

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here a few nights ago while traveling in Rome. Firstly the service from the boys was excellent. They looked after us in every way and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was modern and new. It was cosy and had everything we needed. Location was spot on, only 2 minutes from the Spanish Steps and a 20 minute walk from the Vatican or in other other direction about 5 minutes from the Trevi Fountain. Restaurants were all close and the food was fantastic. Most bars were open till late and the streets felt safe to walk around as they were full of people and well lit. Breakfast was lovely, great selection of pastries, bread, ham, cheese, toast, all types of coffee / tea, spreads and fruit salad. I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Only down side was I felt the room walls were very thin and thus when people were talking or coming...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
classRoma, Ferdinando Orecchio Responsabile Hotel del Corso & Class House at Class House, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear guests from Australia,

thank You so much for choosing our CLASS HOUSE to spend Your holidays in Rome.
I am really happy to know that everything was perfect about Your stay in our new rooms in the second floor, the CLASS HOUSE DELUXE.
Sincerely these new rooms are proving very popular with our guests who appreciate the design solutions chosen to finish these charming suites.
Thank You for wonderful words spent for our staff.
I hope to see You soon.