“A fantastic find in a truly "up and coming" neighborhood!”

Pascia Room & Breakfast
Ranked #363 of 3,691 Rome B&B and Inns
Elon, North Carolina, United States
“A fantastic find in a truly "up and coming" neighborhood!”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This bed and breakfast was absolutely fantastic! My best friend and I stayed there for three nights and while we were a little skeptical at first because of the neighboorhood, it ended up being our home away from home. Our host was so adorable and was so helpful with fantastic restaurant suggestions and ideas of where to sightsee. The rooms were clean, roomy, and modern.
While the area seems to be a little sketchy, it is really an up-and-coming place. Within a 20 minute walk, there were a dozen adorable restaurants and, even better, because they're not as touristy, they much less expensive than on the beaten path. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Danielle D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Singapore
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My bedroom is exactly the room you see above, the blue room! It is clean and the space is far beyond my expectation. My favorite is the great living room. Sitting beside the cute table studying next day's itinerary while enjoy the night Espresso and bread, later had a long and amazing conversation with another girl who travels alone. As a sole traveller choosing staying at a guesthouse, this is exactly what I have expected!!!! Being a guest of a local home not a local house and be around with other guests.

Marco was very nice, he helped me mailing out postcard, sent me SMS to help me figure out how to get there, and help me check out how to get around in the city during the strike.

The breakfast is quite self-service style, everything you need is the fridge. Maybe not everyone's style, but I prefer it because I always get up quite early during travel and be out even before 7 am (During my trip I missed a lot of breakfast because they are served at 8 am or even 9am) .

The biggest and maybe the only challenge is to find the right point to get off the tram to reach here. My suggestion is that you choose stay at the left side of tram and when you see a store named "Supercarni", that is the time to get off.

Anyway, highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Miaonly
Nederland
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a week. The main reason was the price, that was much lower than a hotel in the city center. At arrival we thought 'hmm.. was this a good idea?' the area of the B&B is up-coming, so that means it hasn't arrived yet :-) Students and hip young people are mixed with the traditional low/middle class Romans. The entrance is a bit strange, a red gate between some shops.

But no need for doubt! Once you pass the gate, the B&B look very good! Very well done interior, nice breakfast and the coffee is the best! The rooms are big, ours had a private bathroom, free and fast wifi, also in the room, good beds (I'm picky when it comes to beds).

It takes about 20-25 minutes to get to let's say Piazza Venetia or the Coloseum. Busses and trams stop right in front of the B&B and will take you to the nearest metrostation, but also to all the main sights.

The area is great: a few nice and cheap restaurants, where trendy Romans come. Almost no tourists. The food is really good!

But the best thing of this B&B is the owner, Marco, and his wife and sister. He is just a great guy, assisting you where-ever he can. He makes this B&B one happy feel-good place!

One point of critic: you will hear the traffic in your room. But it didn't bother me, we slept like a baby. And of course, there will be noise in most places you stay in Rome.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank boneventura
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Having looked at a number of hotels in Rome we soon realised that accomodation in Rome is expensive. When we stubbled accross Pascia it was cheap but we didn't have an idea of where is was and thought it maybe a little out of the way having never been to Rome before. However, we were pleasantly suprised. This little place is about 10 minutes from Termini on the tram.

A fantastic find. The owners are lovely and give great tips. The room was clean and the bed comfy. It is a home away from home. The breakfast is simple but hey what do you expect for such a cheap price. The local area was great - the Shoreditch (London), Northern Quarter (Manchester) of Rome, full of art types and cool bars. The area has great nightlife and with your drinks you get amazing free food to pick at (I am still dreaming about the bread). It feels like you are seeing the real Rome, rather than just the tourist bits.

If you have young children I wouldn't say this place is what you are after, but if not it defo is a place to try.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple