“Genuine local food and service”
Review of Il Colibri'

Il Colibri'
Reserve with
Il Colibri' is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #790 of 12,764 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prati
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our party of four ate lunch at this Roman restaurant that appeared to be a family operation. We ordered diverse things - artichokes, fennel salad, funghi appetizer, chickory salad - as antipasto and everyone liked what they got. We followed with penne pasta arriabata, sea bass, pizza of the sea, and veal cutlets. Again, everyone was happy. Finally we shared a tiramisu and finished with coffee. Although I would not describe any of the meals as "gourmet", the food was tasty and the service cheerful and helpful. We would visit again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We chanced upon Il Colibri while out for an evening stroll. We were very pleased with our meal. A cut above the average street restaurant. I had lamb meatballs and my wife had sole in lemon and butter. We rounded out our meal with a salad and bruschetta and a bottle of wine (don't get the house wine, ask waiter for a reasonably priced recomendation). We paid 65 euros, including tip. They sit on a side street next to Via Leone IV so it is a little quieter and makes for a very enjoyable dinner.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just got back from this lovely restaurant . We arrived about 7:30, and there was only one couple there, we ordered our meal which was two pizzas and a bottle of house wine, in UK terms very cheap. The pizza arrived and it was great, thin base lots of stuff on top. Desert was great as well. Then at about 8:30 another ten turned up and more inside and outside, from the accents all Italians. This place is very good perhaps those with negative responses are looking for too much in a lovely family restaurant. I would go again

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

It was a chilly and rainy day in Rome when my wife and I found this small family restaraunt not to far from the Vatican. They had a bean and pasta soup that was outstanding. My had the lasagana and I had a steak with potatos with fruit salad. Wow. This shouldmeet almost anyones approval.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Chose this restaurant after the good reviews on trip advisor but was disappointed. Ordered prosciutto with melon, which was good but the truffle pasta was a disgrace. Did not taste of truffle at all but of canned mushroom soup! Husband had pasta allamatriciana which he said was reasonable. Maybe my expectations were too high or I just ordered the wrong dish, but nonetheless it was not truffle pasta and tasted terrible! A positive point is the service, which was very attentive.