“Near Vaticano, Comfortable and Cheap ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Giuggioli

Hotel Giuggioli
Ranked #1,680 of 3,736 Rome B&B and Inns
Brunswick, Georgia
“Near Vaticano, Comfortable and Cheap ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting Rome, this was the cheapest hotel we found in our European Budget Trip. It was located within 10 minutes walking distance to the Vatican, and near Lepanto Metro Station, the area seem good, there are some good restaurants nearby.

The room was a little awkward, it wasn't a square but a triangle shaped room, but it had enough place for our luggage and the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean. The breakfast was simple, one small croissant, coffee and juice.

In general and taking the price into account it was really good. Recommended!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MadForTraveling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Varna, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very nice. Close to the Vatican City and the main shopping streets in Rome. The rooms were small but clean and the towels were changed every day. The breakfast is all and the same every day - a croissant with coffee and a jam. Reccomend it because of its location.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is in a good location for seeing the Vatican and is also located close to a metro stop.
I found the staff very helpful and friendly.
My room was very small and a little bit noisy in the mornings but the room was clean.
I sometimes found it hard to get hot water in the shower as it was all used but it was cheap and cheerful and if this is what you are looking for then go for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in March 2012 and enjoyed our stay enough to book again for our recent return. This is a great hotel for anyone who doesn't mind being a little out of the way from the major attractions and especially for those who enjoy walking. The location is in a very quiet neighbourhood about a 15 min. walk to the Vatican. There are many restaurants in the vicinity, as well as great shopping streets. We only used the metro when we arrived and the day we departed (to get to/from the train station); otherwise, we walked everywhere (this might not be for everyone).
The room we had for our first stay was definitely a superior room. During our recent stay our room was much smaller and more cramped, but the bathroom was modern and large. Breakfast is small but fresh (I saw the croissants being delivered one morning when I woke up early to go for a run!) and drinks (ie. cappaccino, espresso, etc.) are made to order.
In the end, for the price and the safe, quaint neighbourhood, I would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I chose this place because it was very near to a place I had to go to in Rome. We stayed in a double "executive" room although I have to say that it was rather cramped and perhaps it was a single room with a double bed in it. Luckily we only stayed for one night. However it was clean and tidy and fairly recently restored although not without some minor damage to the furniture and bathroom accessories (mirror) which needed some attention. Breakfast again is basic but perhaps even slightly better than some others around and it's in-house (some will sen you to the nearest street bar for your standard cappuccio + cornetto). They did go out of their way to provide some fresh fruit which we asked for specifically. Good walking distance from shops and Vatican. A little noisy, although this is Rome. Staff friendly and helpful. No night porter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I would love to give this hotel five stars but unlike the other reviewers found the staff here rude and unfriendly. Everytime we walked in the front door the receptionist would not even lift her head to say hello. We thought the guy on reception was a bit better but one morning while having breakfast he came over to tell us that we had to pay our tax (the girl who checked us in obviously forgot) and then he reminded us another two times in the same day even though we assured him we hadnt forgotten. It was just a bit annoying and we felt he thought we were going to leave without paying it. Rant over! The girls who served breakfast were much niceer than reception staff.
I did alot of research and picked this hotel as it appeared to be new modern with fairly big rooms and it did live up to that. It was also really clean. Basic but good breakfast. Within walking distance of the Vatican in a quiet location and I honesly could not fault anything else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I did a lot of researching before I booked my hotel, and thanks to all of the reviews and photos I decided to stay at this hotel with my family and girlfriend. The staff was great and friendly. The complimentary breakfast is just what you need to get your day started. The rooms have been remodeled, the bathroom was really nice. I also thought this hotel had a great location. You can walk just about everywhere in Rome. Bus, metro really close, and the little cafe on the corner has excellent cappuccino for like one or two euros, to bad I did not find it until my last day there, cappuccinos at some places can be 4 to 5 euros. But you can get a free one with breakfast at this hotel. I would stay here again. Great hotel...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family