Tripadvisor

from $19.66
from $58.33
from $32.40
145,488 results
All reviews guided tour skip the line roma pass buy your tickets ticket office bucket list long line palatine hill awe inspiring visit rome ancient rome history arena structure euros audio romans
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There is no doubt the Colosseum is just amazing! We went inside, the queues were large and very disorganised but somehow we got in very quick after an initial 20 min wait.
It was utterly sweltering heat though and there is no cover in there obviously so between the overcrowding and the heat, my 9 year old just wanted to hurry on out of there but he managed.
Our guide was knowledgeable alright but his italian accent was so thick that my son hadn't a notion what he was saying
Shout out to the lads selling ice cold bottles of water everywhere we went while in Rome. Would have had heatstroke otherwise!!
I suppose the Colosseum is worth the price tag to see it once but really the best parts are outside and the surroundings. We visited here as part of our hop on/hop off tour.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited in August 2019 while reconstruction was underway but this did not detract from the visit at all. We chose a local tour guide and were not disappointed. He knew his history and the layout very well, guiding us to shaded spots on a hot summer morning. Tour also included the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wow not to be missed what a place your mind is just blown away thinking of what went on in this place a real must if your in Rome

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked a tour through Crown Tours, once approached by a man near the colosseum. Was a good option as the que was huge as it was around 12 o’clock. We skipped the que and went straight in! Very knowledgeable tour guides!

I only took a small handbag as me and my boyfriend were worried as the rule for backpacks was hard to find out what sizes were allowed. The security never scanned or checked my bag as it was small, people with backpacks (mini to standard size backpacks) had their bags scanned. We were told only glass bottles, knives or scissors were not allowed to brought in.
I think it mostly down to security on size of bags, but standards bags and backpacks seemed fine.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I wanted to visit here to view the Carthage exhibition which is held in both the Colosseum and outdoors where the temples are. It was quite confusing to find the right place as none of the ticket sellers seem to know the best place to go first. The queue was shorter for the colosseum so we went there first. The exhibition is excellent with artefacts from all over the Punic empire. We didn’t manage to see the outdoor installations as the heavens opened and it poured down. That couldn’t be helped of course. The colosseum is a very interesting place to visit and they are reconstructing part of the floor. There is airport style security as at all major attractions these days but once you’re in you are free to roam. Really good gift shop.

1  Thank travelswithmrsb