Ways to Experience Colosseum
from $44.41
from $31.14
from $19.68
142,441 results
All reviews guided tour skip the line roma pass buy your tickets ticket office bucket list long line palatine hill awe inspiring visit rome ancient rome history arena structure euros audio romans
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We bought a guided tour with skip the line and it was totally worth it, with it we got access to the arena area were others don't.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is an amazing piece of history. It is well worth a visit; it's absolutely stunning. The views across the Forum are spectacular.
However, numbers should be limited further, it is almost impossible to move in the place. Signage is poor and many parts are closed.
There is a single, small Portakabin housing the only toilets: the stench coming from them is terrible, there are clearly not enough for the thousands of visitors (my guess would be about 5 cubicles) and the queue for the loo was ridiculous.
It is worth noting that you can't walk all the way round in a circle due to some areas being closed. This makes for an awful long walk to try to get out as the directional signs did not take this into account.
For those who find walking difficult, there are lots and lots of steep stairs and a single lift, so be prepared.
It's a shame, this is an iconic piece of history and I should imagine that virtually everyone who visits Rome comes to see The Colosseum. It should therefore be far better organised to give a much more user friendly experience, particularly, when one takes into consideration the money they must be taking in admission fees!

1  Thank Lucy D
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

One the best thing I did was buy a ticket to skip the line. You can be hours just to buy the ticket I could live without the tour guide. I like to do things on my own. To much talk that make no sense.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Let alone in 70 AD! This was my fourth or fifth trip to see it and every time I see things I missed the time before and I'll probably go back again!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My first visit to this iconic attraction and I was not disappointed. Also great that it is on the bus route so no need for taxi.

Date of experience: August 2019