“Good for one single visit”
Review of Colosseum

Colosseum
Ranked #3 of 2,034 things to do in Rome
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Perhaps the best-preserved of the monuments of ancient Rome, this huge marble structure was built to hold more than 50,000 spectators to witness bloody contests of might and the slaughter of wild beasts.
Reviewed May 28, 2017

To be honest, I expected more about this place. It look the same as I saw in TV, but once I was there I didn't find anything else to do than just a few pictures. We were a tour and the guide actually didn't recommend to pay for going inside the building.

Write a ReviewReviews (127,617)
All reviews
in 1,117 reviews
"imagination"
in 629 reviews

Reviewed May 28, 2017

The Colosseum, as everyone should know, is one of the most iconic and magnificent structures in Rome. I very much enjoyed seeing it! Be sure to visit the second floor of it!

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

Having only read of the things I was going to see, and seeing them portrayed in moves, this did not let me down. As you stand by the side the sheer magnificence of it will leave you feeling very moved. You can tour inside, we did not do this, as we were trying to get our bigger items out of the way, however I do not feel that made me less impressed, by any means.

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

Did a city wonders tour with our guide Maria. Very beautiful but sooo busy and it was very hot when we went, kind of hard to get to to the second level just something to keep in mind.