“Excellent”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Restaurant is exactly excellent . I had many fine, tasteful, good dinners in Rome but this one is the most happiest one because of atmosphere , street musicians , presentation of dinner, table arrangements were perfect

There are newer reviews for La Scaletta degli Artisti

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have read the reviews after we ate here and they all sound so good. Well here is mine. We came upon this restaurant after walking all about and it is in a side ally off the Piazza Navona. My husband and I were thirsty and hungry and we saw this cute place with the trip advisor emblem so we thought we would stop for lunch. The place is of course on a busy alley street if you eat outside you will ingest some fumes as you are on the road which is very busy. Did not seem that way before we chose it. Car fumes aside it had fresh roses on the table and red and white checked tablecloths. So we sat down and well it was not very good we ordered a caprese salad that it never came ,a margarita pizza and my husband lasagna . The salad again never came , we ordered still water and got fizzy , the lasagna was cold , even though their sign says nothing frozen. The waitress had to come back to reheat it and she looked like this was an everyday thing. No apology. The service was not the greatest but I will say the pizza was good. We ordered two house wines red and white and this was the first time I was not impressed with a white house wine in 3 weeks I have been here. There was construction across the street and inside the place and it turned out not to be the quaint quiet side street experience I wanted . I could have gotten good pizza a thousand other places. And cold food and forgetting the order , no excuse for that. So reviews are good but I can not in any honesty give this a good review. It did have wi fi and a clean bathroom . I will not go back , last time we at in Piazza Navona itself and it was much more pleasant . Especially without the traffic wheezing by.

1  Thank ms.go-go
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was a street away from where my husband and I stayed for a week. We found it on the first night we were in Rome. I had risotto with prawns that was delicious. My husband had linguine with clams and he loved his dish. They have wifi and we needed it because our apartment didn't have any. We sat inside and had cappuccino and espresso after dinner (we ate dinner outside) and used the wifi for awhile. We ended up coming back here for dessert, wine, and coffees 2 more times during our week in Rome so we could use the wifi. We came back later at night and sat inside every night at the table in the corner by the door. They were very gracious and accommodating every night we were there. We asked about how to get a taxi to the airport and they offered to call and arrange a taxi for us (we ended up figuring it out on our own). We said if we lived near there this would be a place we would frequent a lot.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This restaurant is located in a quiet street running parallel to Piazza Navona. The owner and staff are very pleasant and work hard to make guests feel at home. The daily specials are extremely good value; but if you ignore these and order from the main menu then you may find you pay quite a lot fo money. However, I;d say that anything you pick would be very good. I had a caprese salad of buffalo mozzarella and ripe tomatoes; then salmon fillet, pan-fried, and wilted spinach. Really good. Worth visiting.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We ate here last night night following some good reviews on Tripadvisor, and sure enough, the food was lovely. We had the mixed starter for two, linguine with clams and lemon, and osso bucco for main. All lovely dishes, well prepared and great flavour.

The service though was so slow it was well beyond a joke. Our cold starter - 40 mins. Our pasta, we only got it 15 mins after the waiter said to us "you've had your pasta haven't you?" Main courses arrived close to 11pm when we arrived at 8:15pm. They must have felt that it was too late to offer anything else, as we weren't offered desert or coffee.

Looking around the restaurant, many people who arrived around the same time had equally frustrating wait times, though people that arrived after us, seemed to have caught up, so maybe the chef popped out for a beer somewhere else shortly after we arrived...

3  Thank Unfocused