“Tony at 3 Millinnia Tours” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #420 of 755 Tours in Rome
Lufkin, TX
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Tony at 3 Millinnia Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I first met Tony about 10 years ago when he had been in Italy only 6 months. He made our trip. My daughter and I enjoyed his guiding so much we signed up for 3 more tours. Since then, I have recommended him and booked him (I'm a travel agent) several times and used him to do a huge group tour thru the main three cities of Italy as well as Asisi. I can understand someone being disappointed that the guide doesn't show up but in reality things do happen. What else could he do but give you a full refund? However, I know if you have had a bad taste there's not much any one can do about it. I hope people will give Tony and his crew a good try. I think his company is better than any of the multi-lingual, large companies where you feel like a statistic. Tony is an American. English is his native language and he is a wealth of informaiton. When I go back to Rome I will call on him.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Nancy M

Roma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very pleasant tour - would recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had a very detailed guided tour. The guide was very well prepared and provided me with very important insight on the site with some interesting facts. Enjoyable. I would definitely recommend.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank piccolapeste10
Alamo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't do it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

Our travel guide, Tony Polzer, never showed up for our tour of Vatican City and Ancient Rome. We waited an hour and called numerous times. Since this was our 1st visit to Rome you can imagine the disappointment! After 3 business days we finally got a return email claiming the tour company suffered a computer crash at the time of our reservations and our information did not get saved. 3 business days! Is that any way to manage a company! I kept all the email exchanges and was able to verify our deposit and tour dates. Fortunately I gave the minimum deposit requested and was given a full refund. The website "encourages" a larger security deposit. Don't do it. We won't use Tony Polzer from 3 Millenia Day Tours for our next visit to Rome, despite the return in the deposit. Use a known and reputable tour guide. Don't have your vacation compromised.

4 Thank norma w
3MillenniaTours, Owner at 3 Millennia Day Tours, responded to this review, February 7, 2015
We are a small boutique tour company, that when this client was in town, had only a single computer running the entire operation. About 2 weeks prior to her services our computer crashed and we lost a lot of our booking information. We have learned from this unfortunate lesson and now have 2 computers and perform weekly back-ups of all of our data. When this crash happened, we had to shell out money for a new computer at a point during which we did not have the budget to do so. We then spent many sleepless nights trying to recover as much of our booking information as we possibly could. Unfortunately we missed the booking information for 2 separate clients. The one whose review is here on Tripadvisor as well as another client. We were completely mortified by the fact that we left two clients high and dry while they were in Rome. We pour our soul into making sure that our clients have an amazing time in Rome and to find out that our computer problem caused clients to have a bad experience with us, it was devastating. We are more than apologetic for what happened and we will do our best to make sure that this never happens again.

The other client who was affected by this computer crash, was of course upset that we did not show for their tour. But they called us immediately and we immediately rectified the situation and they were very understanding. The client whose review is here, despite their claim, did not contact us until they were back in the States. At which point we could do very little to rectify the situation. We promptly (less than a day and a half and opposite of what she says) refunded their deposit. In addition, we offered them a pair of vouchers for free services with our company worth about 80 Euros. These vouchers are transferable even. Meaning, that if they cannot take advantage of them in the near future: maybe their friends or their family could.

It should also be noted, that we do not ask for minimum deposits or encourage larger deposits. We have a strict deposit request based on the type of service booked. For the most part, we request a 100 euro deposit per private tour and regarding our group tours, we request a 20 euro per person deposit per tour. No less, no more.

We have been in operation now for over 12 years and this is the only negative review we have ever had. It is a shame that our good name has been tarnished over a situation like this. We strive on a daily basis to provide our clients with the best service possible and to also leave our clients with memories that will last a lifetime. Thankfully this is recognized, as we were named one of the top guides in all of Italy by Dream of Italy magazine. You can definitely count on us to provide you with amazing services that will make your dream trip to Italy come true. We look forward to helping all of our future clients!!!