“Excellent Choice”
Review of Hotel Artis

Hotel Artis
Ranked #463 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Recently returned from a weeks stay in this hotel. Had to pay for early check-in as Cosmos (with whom we'd booked the package) didn't tell us that check in wasn't until 2pm and as we'd been travelling since 5am we were in need of a change of clothes and a wash by midday Italy time. The young man on the desk was very helpful, gave us a map and told us how to get to the bus and train. Our room was fine, my only tiny complaint is that there were too few coat hangers, but we just doubled up! Ok the hotel is quite far out of the city but we quite liked that, travelling in was very easy and it means that you're staying in a quiet location. There's also an extremely good, inexpensive, trattoria a five minute walk up the road. Our room was spotlessly clean the whole time, breakfast was great and the staff were wonderful. I recommend this hotel.

6  Thank donderer51

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for seven nights this Sept/Oct and found it to be a great hotel. About nine kilometres out of the city but with a good bus service and metro this is not a problem. we found the hotel itself immaculate and very clean, staff all very helpful with everything and all speak English. We were early for our check in and so left our luggage in reception, when we came back it had been taken to our room for us. The room itself was large and spacious with a nice en-suit bathroom, air-conditioned which kept it nice and cool. A small fridge which was stocked with drinks (which we didn't use.) but kept milk in as we had read reviews telling of no coffee tea making so we took a travel kettle. but with a supper market next door it was easy to get things. Our towels and bedding were changed every day even though we didn't leave towels in shower. the cleaning lady was very cheer-full always with a bonjourno. we stayed bed and breakfast which was good value as there was a god selection of things from scrambled eggs, boiled eggs meats, cheese's, cereal and a great selection of Danish's the coffee machine does only do small coffee's but you just go up and get as many as you want. There is a map in reception to take with you with the bus number to get 558 ten minutes on the bus and your in Sabaugusta we only ever waited a max of ten minutes for the bus and five minutes for the metro. Which the receptionist explained to us. All in all a very pleasant stay at a very pleasant hotel. Would I stay here again yes I would.

Room Tip: Buy a travel card from the metro station, 3 day 5 day or 7 day card works on the bus and metro. chea...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ady1965
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been in this hotel for couple of weeks end of September and beginning of October. Hotel matches the description. It closer to the grand ring road. The rooms are clean and they provide internet. The breakfast is sufficient. Couple of nice restaurants nearby and a supermarket next. The hotel staff especially the ladies are really friendly. The room size is big but often you hear noises.A/c works well.
I was on a business trip and my work place is less than 1 km, so it worked out well for me. It took less than 5 mins to travel every day and I could avoid the big traffics in Rome.

If you are on site-seeing trip to Rome and without a car, then the distance between this hotel and center rome is always a challenge. Without car, you have to depend on the buses to reach the nearest metro. wiat times could vary between 5 -45min in addition to the metro travel of 20 mins. I would definitely suggest to take some other hotel close to metro.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank rkandalam
fa106, Direttore at Hotel Artis, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear customer, we thank you very much for your comment but let us also be able to express our complete disappointment about your opinion on the location. As you have specified the location was extremely convenient for your travel and therefore had to be examined, in our humble opinion, differently. Your judgment would have been correct if your movements had to be from here to the city center and back.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I thought this was a lovely hotel whilst we were there for four nights , until the last day when our flight wasn't until the evening so In the mornin we asked if our suitcases could be locked away for the day whilst we went into the centre and the receptionist said leave them there and ill sort them out in a minute when we got back hours later they were still in the same spot in the middle of the reception where anyone could of gone through it , thank god we took our passports with us , I also knew they locked them up as I saw a English girl been given a key when we arrived for her to get something out of hers so god knows why it happened , i didnt complain as it was a another women on the reception when we got back .I was so angry , and hotel went down in my opinion after that. Before I thought was nice hotel, clean and good food, maids were very friendly but very loud and no chance of a lay in as they were very loud cleaning in the morning all you could hear was furniture being pulled about , and the rooms were not soundproof at all we could hear so many bangs above us which was odd as we were top floor, and could hear family talking and moving about both sides to us until early morning . The hotel was in a pretty poor location though but the staff were helpful enough telling us which bus and where to get it , to get to nearest tube to then go through like fifteen tube stops , I wouldn't stay here again due to the last event and the distance.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Amy_aoo

Dear customer, we are very sorry for what happened. Our staff knows how they should be managed luggage which were left in custody. Sorry, above all that because of this minor inconvenience is lost all the good we have done and that you have kindly pointed out. We are willing to provide you with one particular treatment for your next stay in Rome if I wanted to come back to stay at the hotel Artis.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel on the 4th October 2013 for 3 nights on booking this hotel I was assured it was only a short journey to the centre of Rome we landed at ciampino airport to find that it was in fact around a hour away it then cost us 40 euro in a taxi not a great start to our trip we then were taken to the suburbs of Rome where this hotel is situated and I can honestly say the hotel is a totally random building to be situated in amongst such a rough and poor area however inside the hotel is very nice the staff on the other hand are not particularly the most helpful breakfast is between 7-10 other than between these hours no food or refreshments can be purchased AT ALL which is absolutely a absurd for a 4* hotel! We then ventured out in to the streets which was very dodgy and scary to say the least there are no bars restaurants nothing a tiny pizzeria that was it. Later our first day we decided to try and make our way to the city centre again on asking hotel staff they tried to be helpful but we were very confused on where exactly to go and resorted to asking a local on the street who spoke little English but kindly walked us to the bus stop we then took the 558 bus to subagusta then had to go on the underground to the stop termini on arriving we thought thank god a bit more biz and life but on wandering around were again disappointed and thinking is this it? On the Saturday we done the same trip back to termini and decided to take the open bus tour which I would 100% percent recommend to anyone visiting Rome we got to see all the sights main attractions and could hop off and on as many times as we wanted I would highly recommend hopping off at basstini there is so much to see in this area trevi fountain, pantheon, colluseum, beautiful cathedrals just tons in this area eventually we were enjoying our trip! But at the end of the evening had the dreaded treck back too the hotel so we couldn't just chill in the city centre and enjoy or even get a bit tipsy as had to keep our Whits about us for the journey back. On the trip back I noticed the metro went as far as basstini and even further still in to the city so by day 3 we were on bus then metro straight in to the heart of it all I feel had we been informed on where exactly to go from the beginning we could have had so much more out our time in Rome as side all my moaning Rome is a beautiful city and well worth a visit we had a great time (eventually) I just would never recommend staying at the artis far to far away they really need to make print outs detailing travel options too guests serve meals and have a bar that is actually open!

Room Tip: The rooms at this hotel are very nice clean and had no problems getting a good nights rest we were 3...

Dear Customer,
We regret that the position of the hotel and the bad behavior of a taxi driver have affected his stay. Our position is visable on all of our websites and our staff is always very clear when asked to explain the times and ways to reach the city center, especially for customers who have yet to book. I can imagine that those who have sold our hotel telling you that is near the center is an agency, so we have no guilt. I strongly encourage the next time to use all the tools available provided by the web to see if the location of the hotel that suits you chose for your holiday.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Clean & tidy hotel found through Groupon, with helpful staff albeit basic amenities. Breakfast is traditional continental self-serve; restaurant wasn't open; bar limited drink - but a G&T is Gin and Lemon!
We knew it wasn't in the centre, but taxi fairs are very dear. With your own/rented car, 30 minutes into the city, but watch out for Italian drivers - they are a law unto themselves!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark3143

Dear Customer, Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you have found a clean and tidy and the staff of these services. In six months the opening of the metro line C will help us to reduce our distance from the center. If you were to return to Rome after that date we are confident that we will consider. See you soon.