“Lovely hotel in the perfect location”

Albergo del Sole Al Pantheon
Ranked #252 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
York, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel in the perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I spent weeks trying to choose the perfect hotel for a surprise anniversary break and am so glad I settled on here. The location is amazing, right on the doorstep of the Pantheon and so central. You really can walk easily to all the major attractions.

I decided against a room with a Pantheon view mainly as the deal I found meant it would be nearly double just for the view. Although I'm sure the view is amazing, you really don't miss it being in an internal room as you don't spend long enough in your room to appreciate it! We were in room 304 which was a good enough size with plenty of character. It was cleaned every day with fresh towels and toiletries replaced each time. The only negative with the room is the lift which is right outside the door, we were woken a couple of times around 7:30 by the staff cleaning/using the lift to get to their private area. It wasn't a major issue though as it acted as a good alarm call for breakfast!

The breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice, kelloggs cereals, meats, cheeses, pastries. The only thing missing was the full fry-up but you certainly won't go hungry.

The staff were great, very friendly and always happy to help with advice on restaurants etc.

We had a wonderful time and I couldn't have hoped for anything better.

Room Tip: Internal rooms facing the courtyard are cheaper and the view isnt missed as the Pantheon is right ou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank simondclare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
swindon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

i am a travel agent and chose this hotel for a four day break with my husband and two friends after a lot of research. And we were overjoyed with my choice of hotel. The location of the hotel is perfect in the historic centre of Rome, with all the main tourist attractions easily reachable.
Our rooms were charming, every room is different and unique all kept beautifully clean. And when we opened the shutters of our windows the view of the Pantheon was breathtaking. You would never tire of the view. Looking down onto the piazza below with the pavement cafes and restaurants, the horse drawn carriages and the fountain the 'fontana del pantheon' is awesome. My friend remarked that you would think you were on a film set.
The staff at the hotel and the manager Leonardo were all excellent, very helpfull, nothing was too much trouble. Maps, bus timetables, tips on places to eat etc were provided with a smile.
The breakfast area is also charming with a wonderful varied selection of both food and drinks which sets you up niceley for a days sightseeing. And when you return weary from walking the cobbled streets of Rome complimentary tea and coffee can be found in the lounge.
As we walked around Rome I looked at many hotels amd I can honestly say that I don't think this hotel can be beaten on location, historical authenticity, wonderful staff and downright charm. As a travel agent I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: the pantheon view rooms are well worth upgrading to.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank rojo29
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect location for a Break in Rome, We had a room with a view of the Pantheon I strongly recommend this is what you book. The staff are very nice and accommodating, if you are at all worried, don’t be this is simply a great place to stay. We will be going back.. that should tell you enough.

Room Tip: Pick a Room with a view, you get some noise from the square!!! but you are in Rome thats the point!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I loved this hotel and stayed here a week. I had booked into a room with no view with the notion that I'd check it out when I arrived, and upgrade if I wanted since I was there in January. The room was well laid out, but the interior courtyard work area was too dark, so I switched to a room with big windows that opened to the Piazza Della Rotonda. Directly to the left was the Pantheon. The room was generously sized and the furnishings were good, although I don't know why they put a sprayed ceiling kind of look to their minibar, and the double bed was two mattresses pushed together. The towels were good; bath amenities very good; I had a jacuzzi tub, but only used the shower, which stayed hot and had very good pressure. Maid service was good. The breakfast is served outside on a terrace and inside in the breakfast area. It was extensive and varied, and tasty. Rolls, toasts, cheeses, meats, yogurt, cereals, fruit, etc. I never saw scrambled eggs, for example, but there would be small open-faced egg on bread tidbits. The espresso was good. Service throughout the hotel was warm and helpful. (I do note that I had to open the windows now and again throughout the night to cool the room down. It would get very hot and the thermostat did not function as it was winter.) I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The view of the Pantheon is preferred.
2 Thank busyflying
Stockholm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

A wonderful hotel! With a marvelous location! Coming out at the piazza the sigth of Pantheon was a breathtaking experience every morning! And knowing that the Italian poet Ariosto spent a couple of month at the hotel in the 16th century also gave it a very special historical feeling and started my fancies about the then life around Pantheon ...
My room was superbe and so was the breakfast and the service from the staff - very helpful and nice. And to use the offer about the air shuttle transport from the airport and back is to recommend - very comfortable and quick. I am very satisfied whith my week at Hotel del Sole Al Pantheon- the location in the very center of Rome made it possible to walk to all the palaces, churches, museums, piazzas and gardens I wanted to see. There was no need for buses or trams. I will certainely recommend this hotel to anyone that is thinking of Rome!

Room Tip: Room to the courtyard are more silent
1 Thank lena r
Austinmer, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Perfectly positioned right on the Piazza, opposite the magnificent Pantheon. Easy walk to all the major attractions - Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Colosseum and Rome's best shopping.
We stayed in a family room in the hotel annex, a few metres across the Piazza from the main hotel. Absolutely amazing views from our room of the Pantheon - had to pinch myself every morning when I opened the curtains! Lots of restaurants in the bustling Piazza below, but room was quiet when windows shut. Room decor was outdated and amenities a bit lacking - hairdryer out of the 70s etc, however excellent value for money and perfect location made up for this. Excellent breakfast and friendly staff topped off a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the annex with a view of the Pantheon - absolutely stunning!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Sole Al Pantheon for 5 nights in January for his Birthday. First impressions were good speedy check in and a nice size room overlooking the breakfast courtyard a very quiet room roomy big bed, a sofa, dressing table and chair nice bathroom with a shower very clean and well kept.
The breakfast was really good all kinds to choose from including cava! and goes on till 10.30 so no rush to get out of bed.
We decided to ask if we could have a room with a view plus I wanted to have a room with a bath so for an extra 20 euros a night we changed, we were so pleased we did the room (308) was lovely big, bright lovely modern bathroom with a jacizzi bath, and a view to die for. we both had shocking colds while we were there and the staff were so kind and helpful, it was very handy to pay 15 euros for 24 hours of films and tv as we needed a rest from walking so much and feeling ill.
On my husbands Birthday the porter arrived at our door with a bottle of cava!! how nice is that!
This hotel is really unusual with all the funny little stairways quirky rooms and antiques we loved it. The staff were the best they could be always helpful and kind.
We got a great deal on our room less than £90 a night when we go back to Rome which we throughly intend to this is where we would stay again, they even let us check out at 1pm instead of 11am because we felt unwell.
next time we will also take the train to Florence it takes and hour and a half so can be done in a day...

2 Thank sloopy1234