“Like a dream”
Review of Hotel Hassler

Hotel Hassler
Ranked #29 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Have visited the Hassler twice and it was an absolute joy both times.
For a treat, try the restaurant upstairs. Really order the menu, great wine, and look at the eternal city.
Love the garden for a little breakfast and coffee.
Amazing staff, great VIP service...even for us "normal" folks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your stay at the Hassler and dinner at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo.

I am pleased to know you enjoyed the contemporary Italian cuisine and menu proposed by our Chef Francesco Apreda. I will also be delighted to inform my staff about how much you appreciated their welcoming and professional service. It is a great satisfaction to know you truly enjoyed your stay and your dining experience at Imàgo!

I hope you will have the opportunity of visiting us again in the near future.

Greetings from the Eternal City!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I'm reluctant to use the word, but to fail to do so would be unfair to the Hassler - it's perfect, or at least it was during the 5 days we stayed there at the end of May. A beatiful old building lovingly maintained, delightful spaces for relaxation and dining, and staff at the top of their game who seem to genuinely enjoy giving their guests the luxury treatment.

If I have any advice to offer it would simply be to ensure you take full advantage of the Hassler's facilities. The 5th floor restaurant is Michelin-starred and priced accordingly, but the fine dining experience along with the city panorama (in our case as sunset turned to dusk) is not to be missed. Likewise the elegant bar, which we frequented on numerous occasions, encouraged by the fact that Princess Diana (allegedly) said they prepared the best Bellini she had ever tasted. Some might say expensive, but then how can you put a price on perfection !

1  Thank Tony A
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments about your stay at the Hassler. I am very pleased to know how much you enjoyed staying here and I was delighted to learn that we met your expectations in every way.

Here at the Hassler we do our best to make our guests’ stay as comfortable and memorable as possible and each of us participates in caring for both our guests and the Hassler itself. Many of our rooms are currently undergoing renovation and we are very enthusiastic about giving this historic building the loving care it deserves.

I was also very glad to know that you had the opportunity of dining at Imàgo and that you enjoyed the sun setting over the Eternal City. Truly a beautiful sight.

Thank you for the compliments in regards to our staff. I will share your comments with each member of our staff.

I hope the you will have the opportunity of visiting the Hassler again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We just returned from Italy and during our stay in Rome we stayed at the Hassler. We absolutely loved the hotel. It is very European in its flavor, which we love. Understated and elegant at the same time. The hotel was everything we had hoped for. The location is perfect for accessing all areas of interest in Rome. A wonderful refuge at the end of a long day of exploring. I will stay there whenever I am in Rome.

Room Tip: ask for early check in if you are coming from US
3  Thank annb0s
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at the Hassler and in particular that the location and elegance of our establishment participated in making your visit to Rome especially memorable.

I truly hope you will have further opportunities to stay at the Hassler in the future!

I look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great location, just by the Spanish stairs. wonderful service, Great breakfast with huge variety. The crew was very welcoming and professional,
especially Alexandra from reception. To sum up , one of the best i ever visited

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Hotel Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler and for having taken the time to write your kind words of appreciation.

I was delighted to learn that you truly enjoyed staying at the Hassler and that the breakfast service and professional staff were particularly to your satisfaction. Indeed we take great pride in the constant effort that goes into creating a memorable experience for all of our guests, and your acknowledgment really means a lot to me. I will be happy to share your comments with all of our staff.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the Hassler in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Hassler for 2 nights in late May and it was a perfect choice in Rome. The hotel itself is beautiful, the rooms were not as small as most in Italy and they were very nicely appointed. It is located at the top of the Spanish Steps and the best shopping in Rome is at the bottom of the steps. Couldn't be a better location.

The staff was very helpful and engaging. The restaurant off the lobby was wonderful for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The breakfast that is included was ample and very nicely done. The rooms were very clean as were all the common areas. We had room 411 which was a deluxe king and they had a small sofa/bed (not a sofa bed as you would think) that was perfect for our college aged daughter.

All in all a great hotel with exceptional service and a perfect location!!

2  Thank JBHAtlanta

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at the Hassler during your stay in Rome and I appreciated you taking the time to share your positive comments about your stay

I am very pleased to know that you found our staff very helpful and engaging and that the hotel itself was completely to your satisfaction. I will be delighted to pass on your comments to our entire staff. Our team works very hard to exceed guests’ expectations every day and they will be glad to know they have succeeded.

I hope you will have the opportunity of staying with us again in the near future!

Greetings from the Eternal City!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We went inMay. Service exceptional but for a five star hotel, room had stained ripped carpeting which was unacceptable. Buffet breakfast was lovely and location is great. Bed was extremely comfortable, need to renovate the rooms.

1  Thank Linda E

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having stayed at the Hassler while in Rome, and also for having taken the time to share your impressions. I was extremely displeased to read about the state of the carpeting in your room. I have informed the relevant department who will look into it immediately.

The Hassler has been and is continuously undergoing renovation. Each of the rooms’ décor varies greatly, and I would like to recommend one of our newly-renovated rooms should the future bring you to Rome and to the Hassler again.

I am however pleased to learn that the service, buffet breakfast, and location were to your compete satisfaction.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Hassler in the near future!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and it was beautiful. The setting at the top of the steps that lead down to the shops were superb and the views wonderful. The food was excellent and the staff were great.

The room (a suite) was one of the best i have stayed in. The spa was also worth a visit to. We had a driver who showed us around Rome and although we didn't have time for a lot of sightseeing time he managed to show us all the important parts in our time frame.

Would love to go back and spend a few days there relaxing enjoying the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am truly pleased to learn that you enjoyed your visit to Rome and that your stay at the Hassler participated in making your stay memorable.

Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted to know that the location of the hotel, your accommodations and our staff were to your complete satisfaction. I will certainly share this with all of our staff members.

I am also pleased to know you had the opportunity of visiting our Amorvero Spa and I hope you will have the chance of visiting our Spa and the Hassler in the near future again!